Furor's 14 Days rant & First Look at WoW

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a warrior still playing EQ I really miss TSW. Warriors are such a technical class now, so many layers of abilities built on top of each other.

Genuine question, but do you think it is any different for other classes? With 22 expansions, that has to be a fuckload of ability bloat!

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
As a warrior still playing EQ I really miss TSW. Warriors are such a technical class now, so many layers of abilities built on top of each other.

Explain to me the modern warrior. I still see them as cant solo shit bullshit class with like 2 abilities that get spammed.

I'd also be interested in hearing about rogues/monks.

Specifically if rogues ever got decent soloability.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Genuine question, but do you think it is any different for other classes? With 22 expansions, that has to be a fuckload of ability bloat!
Well, you'd have to talk to another person to get a better answer but I'd say no, the warrior has a lot more technically difficult bullshit to deal with than the average. This isn't real evidence of anything but here's my UI from last night:
TFSS9rD.jpg

Basically instead of Defensive stance that you can chain together, you have around 25 different abilities and items and things with different levels of stacking and usages. In many cases you can pop one set of them, then replace them with another set as each stacking type goes down.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Reposted here to be preserved for all eternity.

The Plane of Time
2003-05-09 18:50:26 - Furor Planedefiler

You have 14 Days. If after that time the Plane is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play Everquest.

TAEH9Wk.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, you'd have to talk to another person to get a better answer but I'd say no, the warrior has a lot more technically difficult bullshit to deal with than the average. This isn't real evidence of anything but here's my UI from last night:

Basically instead of Defensive stance that you can chain together, you have around 25 different abilities and items and things with different levels of stacking and usages. In many cases you can pop one set of them, then replace them with another set as each stacking type goes down.

Fair enough. That button count on your screen is pretty insane though!

I do have to say.. Agnostic Barbarian Warrior?? Rallos is most displeased! Fucking heathen!!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And you're using a shield. That's different than EQ of old. Warriors never used that back then.

Thaloc

Molten Core Raider
I think there was one encounter I can remember when we did use shields. One of those split your raid into 3 group types. This was oow, god or one of the later ones, they all kind of blended together after pop. Aggro generation wasn't an issue after everyone had eb weapons with augments and combat effects aa.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shields were a thing for warriors come end of PoP (RZ shield). If I remember correctly, the AC on shields added like raw AC and was pretty powerful. Plus, they usually had a high +shielding or block mod.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We had our first Fennin Ro kill with a Warrior using a shield to overcome the riposte damage.

kudos

<Banned>
TFSS9rD.jpg

I see where all the EQ2 devs ended up. That looks not fun at all. I shouldn't have to have more than 2 bars in order to do whatever I want with a class.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And you're using a shield. That's different than EQ of old. Warriors never used that back then.
Aye. Shields are super critical now. Using a shield puts you in a defensive stance which gives a ton of mitigation, and gives you access to skills like shield topple that help a lot.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco is not buffed out, shaman is slacking.
Just rezzed. The Cazic Thule event spawns a massive amount of adds, it was my first kill but it was a big death-touch + add kite + dps burn shit show.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I see where all the EQ2 devs ended up. That looks not fun at all. I shouldn't have to have more than 2 bars in order to do whatever I want with a class.
Yeah and I literally use all the abilities on 9 out of ten of my hotbars. It's pretty intense.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I remember the good old days when all a man needed to tank was two shrinks and a good corner.
Those were pretty lame days to MT though. It's much more fun now and the difference between a good and bad tank is massive compared to before.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Well, to be fair, most of that was Elidroth's doing.