Furor's 14 Days rant & First Look at WoW

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Curious, how many aa total is eq live up to now?
Depends on the class, i think the lowest class is actually warrior with under 13k and the highest is now Shaman around a hair above 18k, i think the average is around 16k.

Thaloc

Molten Core Raider
Those were pretty lame days to MT though. It's much more fun now and the difference between a good and bad tank is massive compared to before.

I wouldn't call it lame. When I quit in 2006, we had slam and taunt. And some aa cleave if i recall.
Gearing, proper positioning and situational awareness was what separated the good from the bad then.

kudos

<Banned>
Well, to be fair, most of that was Elidroth's doing.
yTU8OSd.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Holy balls 18k aa. pass.
Yeah, but it's a hurdle that's truly bigger than it appears. They now autogrant all AA up to 3 expansions (if you are all access and toggle it) behind the current one, which is like 7k and AA exp rate is exponentially faster now. It's not hard to get 100+ AA in a 30 minute lesson burn.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The AA's aren't bad at all. You get autogranted some 70% of them and like Reht said you can pop lessons every day and get a bunch in 30m by running an easy couple instances back to back.

I wouldn't call it lame. When I quit in 2006, we had slam and taunt. And some aa cleave if i recall.
Gearing, proper positioning and situational awareness was what separated the good from the bad then.
Yeah, but once you're geared and positioned you were generally set until the next defensive rotation. Now you've got several more layers to worry about.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, i know that scared a lot of my old friends into not coming back, thinking they would never catch up.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, but once you're geared and positioned you were generally set until the next defensive rotation. Now you've got several more layers to worry about.
Yeah, it's a lot more work now, raid scripting, mechanics, etc. are light years beyond what they were back then.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I miss Maxx posting here.. for you guys who used to play on Fennin Ro back in the day this always gave me a laugh.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just never felt the pull of wow like I did with eq. The fondest memories in wow for me were the PvP 40 mans those were fucking epic back in the day. Then they destroyed those as well. Other than that it was a stale lifeless game. Shit I liked AO better than wow.Just my opinion of course, don't fucking blow a nut you wow fags.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I just never felt the pull of wow like I did with eq. The fondest memories in wow for me were the PvP 40 mans those were fucking epic back in the day. Then they destroyed those as well. Other than that it was a stale lifeless game. Shit I liked AO better than wow.Just my opinion of course, don't fucking blow a nut you wow fags.

Honestly I liked the PvP in WoW back before there were rewards from it. Before there were battleground or anything players just made their own wars and fights. There wasn't some faggishness about honor points of ranks. It was simple that guy is Alliance hence he is a complete piece of shit.

Then they added BG's and they were fun with the old old old AV when it would last for days at a time and it was a nonstop battle. Aside from that PvP in WoW has always been pure aids and has ruined more things than it ever brought.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dishonorable kills was the dumbest thing ever. As were the infinite guard spawn from vendors.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can understand not feeling the pull but not sure I get the game being lifeless.

I love this game even if some of the decisions the company makes is pants on head retarded.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I miss Maxx posting here.. for you guys who used to play on Fennin Ro back in the day this always gave me a laugh.

Haha! I do remember that, actually. I even remember where I was at when I first saw it. I hated f'n Edarion. Sweets was always nice to me though. Think he thought anyone that talked to her was trying to cyber her and thats why he was a dick. No mf, I just need a port and shes in Hate with me.

I saw Happyfeet in GW2 not too long ago. Chavo is still playing FF iirc. Last time I saw Rehtom was in Silvan Rangers back at WoW release. Im always curious where people disappear off too. Like Bigbearh and his wife. I thought Id see those names again somewhere, but never again.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Depends on the class, i think the lowest class is actually warrior with under 13k and the highest is now Shaman around a hair above 18k, i think the average is around 16k.
Warriors seem to always get the short end. I can remember the teen-angst fueled class equalist activism now