Galactic Arms Race - free Steam keys for votes

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looks fun.

I upvoted you and joined the group on Steam. Please send a couple of keys to Abraxis in the group or PM me here.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Astral, I upvoted you yesterday. Could you send over 4 keys when you get a chance? I will ask those that get them to upvote as well.

Ok, just cleared Inbox again. Think I got everyone. If I missed you PM me again. Thanks a lot for the votes btw, they are much appreciated.
biggrin.png

BTW, I was thinking of making the key giveaway automated and posting on Reddit or something. Anyone know of a good way to hand out a large volume of keys? If not, I wouldn't be adverse to programming it myself. Maybe using Google App engine or something like that.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Yep, same for me, game crashes on startup, steam initializing failed. Also, avast suspects the client to be malware and will run it in sandbox mode initially. Might be worth looking into, before some people freak out.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Ok, just cleared Inbox again. Think I got everyone. If I missed you PM me again. Thanks a lot for the votes btw, they are much appreciated.
biggrin.png

BTW, I was thinking of making the key giveaway automated and posting on Reddit or something. Anyone know of a good way to hand out a large volume of keys? If not, I wouldn't be adverse to programming it myself. Maybe using Google App engine or something like that.
You can find a myriad of scripts that you can load into wordpress if thats the way you want to go.

Game is still crashing at launch for me =>http://i.imgur.com/5jsFx.png

The demo from your website (ver1.255) isn't working either.
What version of Windows are you running?

- if it is a Euro version, I'm gonna try to get the patch out today for the decimal separator issue
- if it is Win XP, you may need to install the latest .Net Framework. Windows 7 comes standard with it, but I think it is an optional update for Win XP.http://www.microsoft.com/net

I assume you aren't using an Intel integrated graphics card? It may not work on that.

I get a black screen when I start, but if I ALT-TAB in/out it self-fixes.
Yeah that's an annoying issue we thought was fixed. If you click other stuff during the splash screen, sometimes XNA won't grab the graphics device, unless you tab out and back in. I'll re-add it to the bug list.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
When I run the game it immediately crashes also on Windows 8. I have all the frameworks loaded (I can build and run XNA games from VS 2010 and VS2012 fine)

The Debug.txt shows 'Failed to load texture: steam-greenlight'

If I put a steam-greenlight.xnb file in the Texture folder the error goes away but it still crashes.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The game will crash if your 'primary' monitor has a resolution of 2048x???? or greater. It doesn't matter if you change the resoltion to a lower number. The game currently checks max supported resolution.

My screen has a resolution of 2560x1440

If I make my 'primary' screen in windows a monitor that has a max resolution of 1920x1200 the game will load.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
The game will crash if your 'primary' monitor has a resolution of 2048x???? or greater. It doesn't matter if you change the resoltion to a lower number. The game currently checks max supported resolution.

My screen has a resolution of 2560x1440

If I make my 'primary' screen in windows a monitor that has a max resolution of 1920x1200 the game will load.
Guess you solved my problem. I'm running 2560x1440 as well.