Galavant

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Did anybody watch this? I'm guessing someone did, and nobody wanted to make a thread for a musical comedy, but I thought it was pretty darned good for what it was, 4 hours of television.

I thought it was just a one-shot deal, but the producers went balls to the wall and ended it with a cliff-hanger basically daring ABC to bring the show back. Even if it never gets resolved, the series is definitely worth a watch. Timothy Omundson(Psych) absolutely kills it on this show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i saw a few minutes of the ending while waiting for the news to come on. i wasnt sure if it was a serious musical or some kind of spoof. either way i was not impressed, was shocked to see Vinnie Jones pop his head up in there. sad days my friend, sad days

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I haven't watched the final two episodes yet, but I watched the first 3 weeks of it and I haven't been impressed. Every episode has had a moment or two that made me chuckle, but the music was mostly boring and unfunny, and the majority of the jokes were pretty bad. I'm one of the easiest people to please in terms of entertainment, so it's pretty bad that this even struggled to make me enjoy it. I know a few other people who have been watching it and they also said it was fairly mediocre and uninspired.

I wouldn't say it's worth a watch unless you have nothing else to watch. It would make a good summer show when there is nothing else on and you're caught up on back episodes of your favorite shows.

I agree, however, that Timothy Omundson was one of the highlights. Him, Vinnie Jones, and the cook were the three characters that got the most laughs out of me. The main heroes were bland.

Caliane

dvr'd the first one. I think I gave up before the end. hated it immensely.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I've got them recorded, I think I watched 2 or 3 so far. I'm liking it. I could do without the singing, but at least they're working the songs into the jokes. If this were a regular series, I would probably drop it. but as a miniseries, it's worth a couple more hours of my life.

I keep forgetting to check and see if that princess has any naked pictures on the interwebs.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Show is tits. People should watch it. There's rarely been a better husband-credit show ever. Where you get credit for watching "her show" while you actually like it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Show is actually pretty good, however, all the constant singing does get a little monotonous. However, that is the whole point of a musical. :p I'll definitely watch the second season.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Well fuck, now I hate it. I thought it was a mini series that would all be wrapped up in a reasonable time. Unless they were trolling me with that last espisode, and there's really only one more, then fuck them.

spronk

FPS noob
watched it, as grimm said women love this shit and its not completely intolerable so may as well get some quality "see I don't just watch kung fu movies" time in, good looking women too although they all keep all their clothes on (boo). It was ok, the cliffhanger kinda sucked and while there were a few good jokes most of it felt just like a TV version of Princess Bride with singing thrown in. Which is good, especially for an 8 episode season. Doubt I could handle a 22 episode season of this.

Some nice cameos by Rutger Hauer, Weird Al (monk), Ricky Gervais (xanax), Lord Downton Abbey, Daisy the scullery maid, and probably a few others I forgot.

Ratings have been pretty meh but might be good enough to get a season 2, since they apparently get big tax credits for filming some stuff in UK. The King really saved the show, without him it would have been a lot worse.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they do get a season 2 we'll get Galavant and the King together, and that's awesome. King Dicky rules.

Also King Vinnie Jones. Yeah I do hope they get another season for those reasons.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
it was renewed- even though it got soso ratings, it was done by abc studios so ABC gets all the profit...same for agent carter.