Game Pass for Xbox and PC

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would agree with this. With that said, until we see the 1st party releases of Sony to determine if they will be Druck-fucked or not and tank, they still own plenty of 1st party development which destroys what MS has regardless of some of their acquisition. Bethesda was and still is going down the toilet and there is no stopping that train wreck of shit for TES 6 and Starfield and beyond. Gamepass, while to me is a bargain because I paid 89 for 3 years on a conversion, still has most of it's library as mediocre games that do not amount to anything more than indie, some decent 3rd party released over time, and live service 1st party shit to placate the gamepass development model and mode of operation. With the exception of FH4, every game released 1st party from Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves (Admittedly got a little better but still ridiculous at launch and well into year 2), and the Halo debacle, shit you name it - has been a glowing red flag of disappointment and I do not expect that to change not because of incompetence although there is a lot of that in the ranks, it's going to be because of the business model switch to subscription. If they do not come out with anything but mediocre releases due to the access of Gamepass with their 1st party titles, gamepass will be the glory and the bain of their existence at the same time because they do not know how to develop from a production budget stand point due to the subscription revenue and access levels to those games - so we will continue to get "maybe good enough for a subscription" live service shit jammed down our throats.

With that said Sony fucked up on the hardware, the memory horseshit we are going through right now, the UI blasting back to something from the PS3 era, a shit store layout, and it was bound to happen as the console wars cycle. 360 destroyed PS3. PS4 destroyed Xbox one and subsequent half gen upticks, and now it seems the tables are turning back a bit. Time will tell over the next 2 years with the software dev cycle.

Sony also nerfed Utnayan Utnayan ability to hop into random parties.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
hit the woah freaking out GIF

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
well, except those who hate digital games
It won't be too much longer before Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc. start pressuring devs to release solely to their streaming platforms. You won't be able to "own" games anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Isn't that kind of a bad sign for Sony to basically acknowledge they're getting owned? Doesn't instill confidence.

My problem with Game Pass, and I think the next direction they should take, is they put up games for 'free' that are infuriating and make me hate the service.

The most obvious example are the base games that don't include DLC's. Is anyone still making enough money from DLCs for New Vegas to offset the annoyance of not being able to tell people Fallout games are free on Game Pass because they'll just get as annoyed when none of the DLCs are? Just make them all bundles and it becomes good advertising.

Also games like NBA2K that I would never, ever buy, but tried for free on Game Pass. I love basketball to the point I tortured myself for years playing it and watching it even though it made me miserable. NBA2K is a miserable experience; like literally made my life worse and I just had to uninstall it. Black eye for Game Pass when I see them advertise that shit.

Same with Wreckfest. Was waiting on a good sale, goes up free on Game Pass. Much excite! But holy shit the multiplayer is broken with lag and bugs. Is now being hammered in reviews and people like me excited for it's potential are now like fuck this shit. All courtesy of Game Pass.

The point: I think at some point Microsoft has to start taking more care with the games being offered, to the point I could see them do more deals like with that Nier Automota game where they seemed to spearhead improvements just for Game Pass. Not only to make the games not be a black eye for the service and seem like quantity over quality bullshit, but an actual selling point that Game Pass games are better even when it's the same game you might try to get elsewhere. Including more DLCs, more multiplayer support and help with development before being put on Game Pass and a game like Wreckfest isn't ready and gets buried by the negative reaction, quicker/better patches.

It's like the hot chick that you have a chance with because she's loose. At some point, even though she's hot, you're thinking 'she slept with THAT guy' and it's not as appealing. I think that's what needs the most work, so we aren't thinking Microsoft will just let any game stick it in Game Pass. Need Microsoft to counter the idea that Game Pass is just a slut without standards for its next evolution of growth.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Isn't that kind of a bad sign for Sony to basically acknowledge they're getting owned? Doesn't instill confidence.

My problem with Game Pass, and I think the next direction they should take, is they put up games for 'free' that are infuriating and make me hate the service.

The most obvious example are the base games that don't include DLC's. Is anyone still making enough money from DLCs for New Vegas to offset the annoyance of not being able to tell people Fallout games are free on Game Pass because they'll just get as annoyed when none of the DLCs are? Just make them all bundles and it becomes good advertising.

Also games like NBA2K that I would never, ever buy, but tried for free on Game Pass. I love basketball to the point I tortured myself for years playing it and watching it even though it made me miserable. NBA2K is a miserable experience; like literally made my life worse and I just had to uninstall it. Black eye for Game Pass when I see them advertise that shit.

Same with Wreckfest. Was waiting on a good sale, goes up free on Game Pass. Much excite! But holy shit the multiplayer is broken with lag and bugs. Is now being hammered in reviews and people like me excited for it's potential are now like fuck this shit. All courtesy of Game Pass.

The point: I think at some point Microsoft has to start taking more care with the games being offered, to the point I could see them do more deals like with that Nier Automota game where they seemed to spearhead improvements just for Game Pass. Not only to make the games not be a black eye for the service and seem like quantity over quality bullshit, but an actual selling point that Game Pass games are better even when it's the same game you might try to get elsewhere. Including more DLCs, more multiplayer support and help with development before being put on Game Pass and a game like Wreckfest isn't ready and gets buried by the negative reaction, quicker/better patches.

It's like the hot chick that you have a chance with because she's loose. At some point, even though she's hot, you're thinking 'she slept with THAT guy' and it's not as appealing. I think that's what needs the most work, so we aren't thinking Microsoft will just let any game stick it in Game Pass. Need Microsoft to counter the idea that Game Pass is just a slut without standards for its next evolution of growth.
Oh, that reminds me: patch exclusivity is likely coming as well. "Buy on Microsoft store for the exclusive Games Pass Patch!!!" - "Buy on Sony store to unlock exclusive bug fixes!!".

You thought DLC exclusivity was bad? Heh....

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Oh, that reminds me: patch exclusivity is likely coming as well. "Buy on Microsoft store for the exclusive Games Pass Patch!!!" - "Buy on Sony store to unlock exclusive bug fixes!!".

You thought DLC exclusivity was bad? Heh....

Doesn't this already happen? I say just make it official and do it well, and help games that can't manage, and pressure games that can. Instead of hurting their own brand by accepting shit.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just Sony repeating their usual cycle of watching others take an idea they had and excel with it where they failed, often forcing them to give it another go. They have multiple programs right now doling out free games, should be refined into a single effort that's easier to monetize and is a better direct counter to Game Pass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't this already happen? I say just make it official and do it well, and help games that can't manage, and pressure games that can. Instead of hurting their own brand by accepting shit.
You're not wrong, but it's pretty small-scale for now...

Hope you bought the Sony version and not the Microsoft version, otherwise you don't get certain bug fixes!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, but it's pretty rare, fortunately. Only recent example is Game Pass getting a new port of NieR Automata based on the Xbox 'Become As Gods' edition while Steam, etc. PC users are basically told to get fucked and deal with the shitty version they've had since day one that requires user mods to function properly.

spronk

FPS noob
wild rumor, it would be awesome if it would use steam executables for gamepass games so you don't have to deal with the xbox app or UWP or the windows store

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
wild rumor, it would be awesome if it would use steam executables for gamepass games so you don't have to deal with the xbox app or UWP or the windows store
If they allow me to use the Steam interface to download/store/etc. games, I'd probably subscribe again instantly. The UI and absolute trash download speeds are what keeps me away from Games Pass on PC.

Valve needs to tell Microsoft to fuckoff and just release their own version. I'd love to see them dick Microsoft.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Gamepass on PC right now is horrible. UI, errors, eats space.
If they could connect with steams platform it would be a huge jump in value. - I have GPU and rarely use the PC portion.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
So is there any crazy deals for the ultimate gamepass? Just got a Galaxy Fold and a gamesir controller and want to try some cloud gaming on it. Also I refuse to use Stadia.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Think it's still converting xbox live to ultimate. I think EA play works too. 3 years max and then buy the ultimate $1 deal. Is guides on reddit still I'm sure.

spronk

FPS noob

guy has been wrong before so take it with a grain of salt. also other rumors that xcloud will come to Nintendo Switch Online subs in the fall.

spronk

FPS noob

xcloud invites will go out to select gamepass ultimate members. I've had the app side loaded on my W10 PC for a while but it stopped working 2-3 weeks ago, hopefully someone figures out how to sideload this one too

its absolutely fantastic for when you just wanna check out a game, I would run the MS Rewards weekly games every time and was in and out of a game within 5 minutes getting minor stuff done without having to install anything. I even played Elder Scrolls Online for like an hour and had no problems at all.

• 1Like