Game Pass for Xbox and PC

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, when it finished downloading the "game" it immediately started another 28.5GB 4k HDR video pack without asking.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, they've updated the install size a few times now. Currently it says 86.21GB, which I think is the base game plus the 4K HDR video pack. Not completely batshit insane like the original listing, but it's still pretty crazy that a RTS is nearly as large as Forza Horizon 5.

Edit: NM, 86GB is the base game. You can choose to only download that and if it still tries to install the 4K HDR pack just cancel/uninstall it.

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It still ended up being 200+GB, it puts them as separate installs, which it didn't ask if I even wanted the pack. Not sure if you can just delete the pack afterwards and just run without it.

Screenshot 2021-10-28 123512.png

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gamepass + Xbox Gold is worthless, there are no games to play. That's $20 a month, but when I play ESO it's constant upsell: You must be ESO Premium to access this zone. Like fucking $20 a month isn't enough? Pure evil, I'm done, out, bye.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 6 users

Vorph

It's $45 for 3 months if you insist on paying full price, which no one should ever do when it'll almost certainly be <$20 for a code on Black Friday and Xmas Eve (ish). 3 months often turn into 4 if you let them turn on autorenew, so it can actually be as low as $5 a month.

As for the rest, you're insane.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Not having played aoe since part 2 it has come to my attention that I suck at this game.

Also crazy talk. Gamepass is extremely good value. I've beaten at least 50 games most of which I would have never played and I've spent like $200. Steam alone I spend $100+ a month.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah xbox gold is worthless but its rolled into gamepass ultimate which is 100% worth it, plus you need the gold part to cloud save and do online multiplayer i think

i literally have 7TB of games on my xbox that I have installed from gamepass and have yet to launch 90% of them

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Sign up for this, play you some Age of Empires 4, Forza Horizon 5 next week, Halo Infinite in December etc. Worked for me, although my current sub is inactive, I've had a sub before.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

So my Xbox account I made 20 years ago or whatever is different than my windows account and the Xbox app yells at me constantly about it. Is there a way to merge them without getting all fucked up?

• 1Solidarity

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So my Xbox account I made 20 years ago or whatever is different than my windows account and the Xbox app yells at me constantly about it. Is there a way to merge them without getting all fucked up?
Weird mine only asked me once.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My windows account that I didn’t even remember I had was tied to my Xbox account that I made 20 years ago too. Must have merged when I made my windows account. So yeah I don’t know how to help you but I feel you.

spronk

FPS noob
finally

san andreas remastered is also out today on gamepass, seeing all sorts of mixed stuff about it. definitely check it out before dropping $60 on the full trilogy

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
R* is like Blizzard. All the ones who actually made the GAMES are gone. Nothing left but a corpo husk raiding the vaults for scraps. The remasters will be shit and whatever they pump out next will be shit.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
game pass is currently $2 for 4 months of gamepass ultimate

step 1: join gamepass PC here for $1 for 3 months

step 2: upgrade to game pass ultimate for $1 for 1 month

sadly only new subs, and i'd recommend after doing step 1 to add 2-3 years of gold or gamepass to your account BEFORE converting as that'll give you 3 years of gamepass ultimate. once you convert new codes for gold/gamepass (regular) convert at a lower ratio, but the first time you go from regular to ultimate you get 1:1 conversion.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what is the difference between GamePass for PC and Gamepass Ultimate?

I could google this I know...