Game Pass for Xbox and PC

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Riftbreaker is fun as fuck. It's like They Are Billions basebuilder with a robust tech tree and you run around a fresh planet in a mech destroying (twin stick shooter) and gathering.

I would have paid for it on Steam but Gamepass wins again.
Gona check it out, thx.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Riftbreaker is fun as fuck. It's like They Are Billions basebuilder with a robust tech tree and you run around a fresh planet in a mech destroying (twin stick shooter) and gathering.

I would have paid for it on Steam but Gamepass wins again.
cheers for the recommendation. Not sure I like it but I keep playing it which says something.
Mostly lot of QOL things which are either missing or I don't know how to do. like mass repairing, or remembering where I put the comm buildings to upgrade them when needed.
I've been playing the campaign and it seems the pacing is off. I scored a bunch of mods but can't put them in anything because I haven't researched high enough weapons yet.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So not very far in you can get repair towers which will take care of the automated repairing.

I highly recommend carving out an extremely large space to work with as you need it as you progress through the campaign. I restarted my campaign twice when I realized the scale I would need. The starting map is not the only territory you will work with either so keep that in mind.

Some upgrades do feel out of order in the campaign but if you are churning out research and exploring/expanding they fit within the time frame. The campaign itself is LONG. I was surprised at how it just never ends =D. Survival and the prologue are a bit more free form but still lengthy.

If they added multiplayer this would be a 10/10 RTS.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My campaign is softlocked because it bugs out saving when I try to leave my palladium mining outpost, and if the save fails you can't travel.

10/10 A+ magnificent game.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My campaign is softlocked because it bugs out saving when I try to leave my palladium mining outpost, and if the save fails you can't travel.

10/10 A+ magnificent game.
Buggy as hell. I'm still playing riftbreaker though.

Theres a few work arounds.
for the yeast root save bug. theres 2 roots. you have to kill both to get saves to work again. Note, just ignore the warning, and go find them. saves will start working again after.

grenade launcher, lazers, and flamethrower work well to clear. grenades, and turrets if you got either of those too.
Drop acid floors immediately after clearing a wide swath. hit middle mouse to increase floor size to 4x4.

in addition to sonar, you can build remote radars with a solar, or wind power plant, to scan in a much larger area around you. and just sell them after.
should help find them quicker.

theres another soft lock in the desert planet. "find the unusual creature". the creature is a steg- something. An armored beetle looking thing. mid sized creature like its out of metroid.. uses its legs to block damage. you need to get familiarity 2. you can run around that map looking. but, then when you complete the other objective in that zone, you unlock a second desert zone. you can travel to that zone, and scan them there as well.
the issue i believe is if you progress too far. the base stegawhatevers stop spawning, and you get stegawhatever alphas, so the targeting doesnt work. scanning the alphas WILL work for the quest however. so, just get your famillair rank 2, for any steg teir, then go back to the "find the unsual creature" mission, and it should complete. unlocking the next uranium mission, "find the steg nest".

yeah, you can farm mats in outposts.

for your main headquarters, build near the sludge. its more important then resources later. Another big thing to remember is you can build remote resource mining in about any map pretty easy. in general, real easy to build anywhere. you don't have to limit building to inside your megabases.
sludge+gas power plants is a bit OP, when you start upgrading them. Easily fuels base metal synth, making actual deposits pointless.
scanning, then using cultivators also makes any rare element trivial. massive farms on the sludge zone outpost..
Towers, cultivators have a middle button. lets you place mods in towers for towers, and lets you change the plants being planted in cultivators.

Lazers are my favorite weapons.
Also, remember you can put ranged weapons in BOTH hands. and fire them both at the same time.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
oof. god knows where the second one is but thats better than no workaround at all.
can also just cheat it if you really dont want to put the effort in.

Command console.

Turn on god mode. cheat_god_mode 1
Reveal the minimap. cheat_reveal_minimap 1

reenter with 0 to turn em back off.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Cultivators +2 Harvesters made the end of the campaign pretty trivial. could use them to farm up as much of any resource as you want.
ps, you can never have too much storage.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I didn't quite understand cultivators so I only used them in like two places.

Beat the campaign right away after I used that yeast root workaround to get my saves working again, had a good time but don't think I'm interested in survival mode.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
AoE4 is up now. That install size is fucking insane.

1635439510813.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 1WTF
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Is that some deluxe edition or something? Gamepass version I see seems much smaller:

Screenshot 2021-10-28 105838.png

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
There's a 4k HDR Video pack that's 132gb, it's an option on Game Pass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user