Game Pass for Xbox and PC

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's a practically brand new Windows 10 install from the Microsoft tool. A few weeks old.

I think it must have something to do with the fact that I run Windows 10 for Education (even though I installed all the Xbox components) or it wants me to totally uninstall MSI Afterburner + Rivatuner instead of just disabling them, which I am not doing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Game Pass app has issues playing nice with the actual Windows app interface. Try playing with doing it through the Windows store and see if that helps.

But if not, it wouldn't surprise me. I've had tons of issues with Game Pass on PC. You'd think it'd work well with Windows since fucking Microsoft makes it, but it's probably the worst gaming software for PC there is. Go figure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

then this

Hmm, good call, maybe even sign in as a new user with the Microsoft Account that has the game pass subscription...

Make sure you are signed in with app too. It likes to log you out.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This might not be my PC's problem, I tried from other PCs and the Windows store is just being a giant piece of shit right now.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Try playing with doing it through the Windows store and see if that helps.

Second this. Sometime last year I had a good time regaling this thread with how shitty the PC Game Pass app sucked so bad. Ended up needing to install games through windows store directly after browsing games through game pass app because the app couldn't interface to the store.

Also having to uninstall entire games to patch/update them.

Trying to play MS games on a MS operating system using MS apps is a special level of hell.

Fucker

Log Wizard

spronk

FPS noob
gamepass also doesn't really like installing games on to any other drive than C: games never work for me on PC when i put it on another drive, which sucks since C: is my smaller SSD

jokes on them though i dont play games on PC

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I run the app on 1 desktop (win 10 home) and 3 laptops (win 10 pro, win 10 home, win 11) and have never had any issues since its existence.

And I've never put any gaming related on my main drives.

It does however constantly notify me that I get a free month of Gamepass with my new PC that I can't figure out how to make it go away and let me tell you that is ANNOYING ;]

pooptesticles.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
After getting it to work on my laptop, did some more troubleshooting and found out the Windows Store was just totally fucked on my main PC, would not reinstall the Gaming Services service properly, therefore nothing would work.

Clean installed Windows, shit is working again, but I bet it breaks when I reinstall MSI Afterburner.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ive had issues with the version of rivatuner from the msi sites installer if that's where you are getting it from

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Gamepass installs shit all over the place too. I like my hard drives organized well (Non windows OS drives) and I keep finding fucking up folders placed all over the place with the gamepass SSD.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
indeed, which is why I keep all my gamepass shit on the windows drive. I read awhile back that they were working on making it so you could just choose a folder vs the crap they have now but it's been awhile now so who knows.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
indeed, which is why I keep all my gamepass shit on the windows drive. I read awhile back that they were working on making it so you could just choose a folder vs the crap they have now but it's been awhile now so who knows.
this is available today via the MS Insider program, in the new release for XBOX app you can enable advanced install options and decide the folder the games is installed & you have access to the folder. In addition can you transfer an installed game to another folder (if supported by the game). I moved several games into a new folder, but just don't start not more than once else it gets errors.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
App works fine for me on pc, even install on my games drive rather than c, /shrug
only problem I have sometimes is when I have to update through the windows store instead, kinda awkward.