Game recommendations

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah a PS4 or Pro is really where the best games of this generation live. God of War, HZD, Last of us Remastered (If folks didn't play it on a PS3), Uncharted Series, Yakuza series (I bought 0 on sale for 15 bucks platinum hits - I cannot believe how much there is to do in this game - it's easy to get lost), hell, name it at this point for PS4.

I recently bought Stick of Truth and Fractured but whole bundle for sale on PS4 for 30. I had Stick of Truth on PC, but got stuck on the abortion game play mechanic. Going to try and get passed that because I love the game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm kinda falling for the PS4 hype now. I keep hearing it's the best games. Here and various gaming stuff I follow.

As for me I'm trying No Man's Sky. It's a resource gathering, exploration, builder type of game if you are into that. I'm playing on PC.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Yeah a PS4 or Pro is really where the best games of this generation live. God of War, HZD, Last of us Remastered (If folks didn't play it on a PS3), Uncharted Series, Yakuza series (I bought 0 on sale for 15 bucks platinum hits - I cannot believe how much there is to do in this game - it's easy to get lost), hell, name it at this point for PS4.

I recently bought Stick of Truth and Fractured but whole bundle for sale on PS4 for 30. I had Stick of Truth on PC, but got stuck on the abortion game play mechanic. Going to try and get passed that because I love the game.

Yea. PS4 is king right now for great games.

I will always be a PC Gamer at heart, but PS4 Exclusives have been absolutely outstanding games for any platform. Buy the platform and get the exclusives.

• 2Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I upgraded my video card to Nvidia 1050Ti 4 GB so I'm gonna play Witcher 3 for a while. Anything else good that came out since I made this post 1.5 years ago?

P.S. Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and really liked it.

Some year+ old games below, but can recommend all of them. Perhaps other categories than your original post, but all good games. In no particular order.

Prey - Sci fi ish FPS game.

Nioh - Souls like ninja game (if you haven't played the PS4 version)

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - CRPG. Easily one of my all time favourite games. New version releases on aug 31st.

Evil Within 2 - ARPG? horror game.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Open world medieval RPG.

Yakuza 0 - Action game with.... a lot of stuff in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Subnautica: I don't even like these types of survival/builder games and this drew me in like no other in recent memory. It looks beautiful and is incredibly atmospheric.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Subnautica: I don't even like these types of survival/builder games and this drew me in like no other in recent memory. It looks beautiful and is incredibly atmospheric.
I thought about picking it up, but I’m also not a fan of survival/builder games. Though I did play Don’t Starve for at least a few hours and enjoyed it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If you put a gun to my head, I'd probably choose a PS4 over PC right now.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I thought about picking it up, but I’m also not a fan of survival/builder games. Though I did play Don’t Starve for at least a few hours and enjoyed it.

I'm not a fan of them either really. Never had an inclination to try any of the Rust, Forest, Ark, whatevers. However, Subnautica is a completely different tone. While it is "survive while finding components to build things" it is also a closed off single player game with a story and an end (around 20ish hours), with an atmosphere that is very different than other games. Many of the other survival games look clunky. They focus on building up the crafting\building aspect, leaving lots of the other aspects like animations and general gameplay looking lacking. Subnautica plays like an AAA game compared to them. It is fluid and very responsive. It's also actually scary at times. It nails the transitions from "Ohh, this is pretty! Look at the lil fishies" to "Ah, he was mean. Stupid fish. Let me gather my components" all the way to "It's dark. Dark dark dark. Where am I? Let me turn on the lights to see even though I know light can attract... Hmmm. Nothing... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

It is rated "Overwhelmingly positive" on Steam for a reason, and that isn't the base\survival components. I don't think there is a survival \ building game even close to it in score. It's a journey, not a sandbox. It really doesn't feel like a survival \ build game, because you are always doing it for a goal tied to the progression of going deeper, and you're always doing that for a story reason as well, and the story has an end.

My advice. Don't read up anymore on it. Buy it and just start playing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
yea i really liked subnautica. it's got a clear stair-step progression to achieve the end goal. It's impressive how scary the dark depths can be.

I also really liked new prey. great atmosphere and smooth gameplay. maybe needs to be played on a slightly higher difficulty.