Game Streaming Services - Stadia, Geforce Now, xCloud, PS Now

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Has Google found a way to make particles travel faster than the speed of light yet? Or is Stadia still shit?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's an interesting option to have for sure.

It seems to barely compare with the current gen consoles, how will it compare to the next gen in a year from now. Mind you their server will also be better in a year.

I think the biggest issue will obviously be bandwidth, these test/reviews are done on good connections under optimal conditions. What happens when you try to play, and a significant other and/or kids watch a movie, or YouTube stuff? One of the 2 article above mentions sound stutter and slowdown occasionally on a 200mbps.

I feel the tech is simply not ready for this. Also and this is personal but I don't trust Google to stick with this. They constantly try new stuff and cancel it if it doesn't meet expectation.

spronk

FPS noob
how did this happen even did they forget to turn on a texture shader or something the one on the left looks like shit

cU5h3RL.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
Looks like shit. Seems like something Google should have only released had they not failed with Google Fibre. Major pass-

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
People wouldn't accept a console that could randomly stop working at any time, perform poorly the rest of the time, look like shit some of the time, and that could arbitrarily be shut off on the backend, resulting in your purchases going poof. Why they're willing to pay for this is beyond me.

spronk

FPS noob
honestly at this point this whole thing seems like it'll provide a ton of laughs in how goofy and fucked up it is, and i'd expect things to get so bad that google may quietly just refund everyone everything they paid or be involved in some class action lawsuit. I mean if things are so shitty the day before they release how much worse can it get? A LOT I bet!

Yeah for hundreds of bux it wouldn't make any sense but $130, that really is nothing and I wouldn't pay anything more to actually buy games, all of which I already own anyways elsewhere. It takes up an HDMI slot on my TV and a spot for the controller so the footprint is tiny too and I can take the two things anywhere I go.

yeah i wouldn't hand over $130 to some rando kickstarter or whatever for bullshit, but this is google and you expect some level of competence from amazon, facebook, google, microsoft, apple, etc and its crazy how they are under-delivering on every single aspect.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
honestly at this point this whole thing seems like it'll provide a ton of laughs in how goofy and fucked up it is, and i'd expect things to get so bad that google may quietly just refund everyone everything they paid or be involved in some class action lawsuit. I mean if things are so shitty the day before they release how much worse can it get? A LOT I bet!

Yeah for hundreds of bux it wouldn't make any sense but $130, that really is nothing and I wouldn't pay anything more to actually buy games, all of which I already own anyways elsewhere. It takes up an HDMI slot on my TV and a spot for the controller so the footprint is tiny too and I can take the two things anywhere I go.

yeah i wouldn't hand over $130 to some rando kickstarter or whatever for bullshit, but this is google and you expect some level of competence from amazon, facebook, google, microsoft, apple, etc and its crazy how they are under-delivering on every single aspect.

They won't refund anyone, any person who actually kept this POS deserves too never see that money back..

The day it was annouced it was gonna fail, something needs too happen majorly if you want true Cloud gaming, a over priced chromecast is not the answer.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, if it wasn't Google I'd be more concerned, but in the end I'm replacing a v1 Chromecast that tends to restart / lose connection more and more lately with an Ultra, and we'll see if any fun can be extracted from the rest. At launch it isn't there. Samurai Showdown is more or less it, as I have little/no intention to play Destiny with a controller other than to tinker with this a little.

The service desperately needs something to differentiate it from xCloud, the conceptualized streaming/sharing stuff won't do it if the content available remains poor and a lot of work remains to shed all these last minute caveats (only the shipping Chromecasts work, have to connect controller physically to all other devices, etc) and establish the basic level of service.

spronk

FPS noob
just got shipping notice today

i tried cancelling sunday through customer service email but they never responded

plz play destiny 2 with me

cuz thats the only game you can play

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
"We can also weigh in on Stadia's data demands, which, as stated by Google, will consume up to 20 GB of data an hour for 4K gameplay"

50 hours (without doing anything else) a month for playing through a 4k game and wham - you are at a 1tb cap.

Also what people saw were demo's in a controlled environment. This thing was garbage from the get go for obvious reasons, and everyone here has stated data caps will destroy this thing before it even gets out of the gate.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I canceled mine months ago, before the news got worse, just because I didn't think I'd really use it. That said, if the controller is nice and you would use a Chromecast Ultra for streaming other stuff, buying the Founders Edition isn't too crazy of a buy-in, regardless of the actual Service.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Did none of you fucks that pre-ordered this clown-fiesta play the beta?

This shit was amazingly bad from before day 1.

I would say, "I hope you learn" but no, I really don't, I hope you keep pre-ordering shit like this so I can read your posts after release every...fucking...time.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People that pre-order anything these days deserve to get fucked.

The unfortunate thing is they fuck the rest of us by de-incentivizing these shit companies from ever coming out with anything good.

So fuck all you pre-order retards.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users