Games to play with your GF/Wife?

Tea_sl

shitlord
Forbidden Island, Castles of Burgundy.

Forbidden Island is a cheap, streamlined, co-op game. Plays quick with an easy rule set, but there's plenty of variation. It shares a lot of game mechanics with its big brother Pandemic, which is deeper at the cost of a lot more complexity.

Castles of Burgundy is as eurogame as it gets, but it's a triumph of design.

malaki_sl

shitlord
Forbidden Island, Castles of Burgundy.

Forbidden Island is a cheap, streamlined, co-op game. Plays quick with an easy rule set, but there's plenty of variation. It shares a lot of game mechanics with its big brother Pandemic, which is deeper at the cost of a lot more complexity.

Castles of Burgundy is as eurogame as it gets, but it's a triumph of design.
The girlfriend loves Castles of Burgundy, also Ticket to Ride is really simple for gfs/party, and Smallworld if you want a bit more strategy while still being really accessible.

For computer games, Civilization V is also a favorite - she likes being able to explore the world build cities etc. We never come clos to finishing a game though.

Bacon_sl

shitlord
Kinkle_sl said:
On a related note, I've been looking for console/PC games to play with my wife, co-op like, if anyone has suggestions on those.
For PC, I found you can't go wrong with an action RPG. My lady played Titan Quest more than I did. Torchlight 2 and Marvel Heroes are good co-op anyone can pick up quickly as well. The last two are great for nubs, cause if she dies she can teleport right back to you. Gravewalk of shame tests a lady's patience the most I've seen.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Portal 2 coop was pretty good.
Unless your wife/gf is decent at FPS DO NOT DO THIS.

Playing portal with some one that isn't a gamer is not fun(even a little bit)

If you have a PS2 I recommend Champions of Norrath 1 or 2. Best co-op experience you can have with a non gamer.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My wife and I used to play Guitar Hero and Rock Band together but that genre kind of (as in totally) died.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Got my gf hooked on the new super mario 3d world if you happen to own a wii u. Pretty much any mario/donkey kong or any various spinoff holds her attention come to think of it so if playing with your chick is something your after then a wii u may be a decent investment.

If you have a ps3 I would recommend the little big planet games. There is also a pretty fun indy game called Ibb and Obb that is built around co op puzzle solving and very simple to play. Might still be free on ps+ also.

W

Wrathcaster

I had fun with multiple gfs with Super Monkey Ball and its ilk on ps2 and wii. Fun minigame I came up with was to get absolutely shitfaced, then see who could progress the farthest. You'll either be fucking or fighting in no time. Probably both, possibly simultaneously. Bonus points if you slap the controller out of your gf's hands just as she's about to complete a level.

Next up, the many ways gaming can produce divorces.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Unless your wife/gf is decent at FPS DO NOT DO THIS.

Playing portal with some one that isn't a gamer is not fun(even a little bit)
Interesting that we had a very opposite experience, my SO is not 100% not a gamer and she did fine in portal 2 coop. By that I mean I figured out 90% of the puzzles and what we both needed to do and after a few attempts max we got through every stage just fine without too much pain in or out of game. I mean if she's 100% useless in eye-hand coordination obviously don't bother but we did fine.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Watching me play Uncharted 2 is what got my wife to fall in love with the series. She was a non-gamer before, but it transformed her. She's not great at all, but now Uncharted is her favorite series ever and loves those styles of game (Tomb Raider currently).

lindz

#DDs
Edit: I just watched a review of Pathfinder and there is no way she would be able to play that. I tried the DnD boardgames because I thought there were "easy" to learn and she just kept asking me what to do and was obviously not having any fun but was doing it because of me. Now you get her to play Dixit or Cards Against Humanity and its game on.
You don't need to know or understand D&D to play the Pathfinder card game. It takes a bit to get into the rules, but it is quite fun once you understand them. I am not a board game person and really don't enjoy playing them, but I like Pathfinder a lot because it scratches that board game itch and is co-op.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played WoW with my wife for like 6 years.
We played Little Big Planet for a while together until she got sick of me bitch slapping her sack thing while we were running past obstacles. Probably the most fun I've had in gaming though.
We played some DayZ together, really fun since you cooperate and work together and sneak around, was kind of strange though one time I went AFK and came back to her siphoning my blood in to bags, had like 5 bags of my blood.
And if you're looking for a divorce just get her to play Dota 2 or Arenas in WoW with you.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Those sound way better then her favorite "How long can I hold out and not put out because she thinks its funny to torture me" game. Gotta love that shit.
I suggest tagging in another player when she is into that game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
get that bitch a wii u.
bitches love mario games.

and already mentioned, a 3DS. bitches love the 3ds.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Played WoW for a few years, the music games, and now when we find time to game and it happens to be at the same time we've got Skylanders... which amounts to 2 playing sessions over the last month and a half since I got it.

Recently got Zen pinball and now suddenly have a bunch of high scores of hers to beat so I can reclaim my man card.