Gaming and general purpose monitors

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm still showing full price once added to cart.

EDIT: Clarification.
Dell CS says it was a "limited promotion" for their current batch of inventory. They have / had multiple monitors over 40% off so it might be expired now.

Amazon at least shows you a % bar for the amount of deal left, other companies should do the same.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Dell CS says it was a "limited promotion" for their current batch of inventory. They have / had multiple monitors over 40% off so it might be expired now.

Amazon at least shows you a % bar for the amount of deal left, other companies should do the same.

Bummer, I needed 4 of these.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I currently have 2x 24" monitors, each about 10 years old. Been looking to upgrade one, my main gaming monitor to something a bit more modern. This monitor is on sale at my local computer store. It seems like an upgrade in every way and at a decent price. Is there any reason why I should NOT buy it (shitty manufacturer, features missing, etc...)?

EX2710Q | MOBIUZ 1ms 27" IPS 165Hz QHD Gaming Monitor

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I currently have 2x 24" monitors, each about 10 years old. Been looking to upgrade one, my main gaming monitor to something a bit more modern. This monitor is on sale at my local computer store. It seems like an upgrade in every way and at a decent price. Is there any reason why I should NOT buy it (shitty manufacturer, features missing, etc...)?

EX2710Q | MOBIUZ 1ms 27" IPS 165Hz QHD Gaming Monitor
What's the decent price?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
What's the decent price?
In my neck of Europe, about $600. And before people jump on the bandwagon telling me that in the USA you can get a 40" ultra gaming monitor with all the bells and whistles, if I were to buy it and ship it here with the postage, tax and customs fees I'd be paying double. So a dollar figure is a bit relative here.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In my neck of Europe, about $600. And before people jump on the bandwagon telling me that in the USA you can get a 40" ultra gaming monitor with all the bells and whistles, if I were to buy it and ship it here with the postage, tax and customs fees I'd be paying double. So a dollar figure is a bit relative here.
They have Amazon in Europe right? There's gotta be a better deal than that.

Search for LG model numbers that start with 27GP850 or 27GP83B. They should be better versions of the monitor you linked and likely cheaper.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
They do, but as I said, you have to add import tax and customs duties onto the Amazon list price. Then there is shipping. And if there is a defect you're up shit creek while if you buy it from a store you have a 3 year guarentee. But will check the LG monitors, thanks.

Edit: I found the monitor on Amazon for $398. But when I ran it through the import calculator it came to just under $600. That does not include shipping, so ordering via Amazon is more expensive and riskier in my corner of Hell. :/

kroenen

Regimen Morum
They do, but as I said, you have to add import tax and customs duties onto the Amazon list price. Then there is shipping. And if there is a defect you're up shit creek while if you buy it from a store you have a 3 year guarentee. But will check the LG monitors, thanks.

Edit: I found the monitor on Amazon for $398. But when I ran it through the import calculator it came to just under $600. That does not include shipping, so ordering via Amazon is more expensive and riskier in my corner of Hell. :/
You live in a non-EU country ?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
They have Amazon in Europe right? There's gotta be a better deal than that.

Search for LG model numbers that start with 27GP850 or 27GP83B. They should be better versions of the monitor you linked and likely cheaper.
Had a search for the LG monitors and found the 27GP850 for slightly higher than the price of the other. Looks very nice. I think I'll take it. I have an LG phone and LG tv, love them.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
You live in a non-EU country ?
Yes.

Hmm... they also have a 32 inch version. But the same resolution and slightly lower light output. Yeah, think I'll just buy this. Thanks for the tip Mist Mist .

Edit: Ok, which is better to connect your gaming monitor to your GPU with, Display Port or HDMI? Or doesn't it matter?

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Yes.

Hmm... they also have a 32 inch version. But the same resolution and slightly lower light output. Yeah, think I'll just buy this. Thanks for the tip Mist Mist .

Edit: Ok, which is better to connect your gaming monitor to your GPU with, Display Port or HDMI? Or doesn't it matter?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus Wall-of-Text Christ. Why can't things be simple like they were in the good ol' days. :oops:

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Wall-of-Text Christ. Why can't things be simple like they were in the good ol' days. :oops:
6z5wuw.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It is simple. On PC it's always DisplayPort on any decent monitor, and if you connect to a TV, HDMI is your only option.

PC monitors only have HDMI inputs to make it easier to hook up secondary sources like undocked laptops, streaming dongles or consoles.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks! Filthy console peasents ruin everything!

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Just installed the monitor. Now all the text is small and I need new glasses. :confused:

• 1Worf