Gauntlet, classic 80s dungeon crawler remade

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Does not really look like a remake, more like a reboot. Both the original and the '90s version were lame, so I don't see why this trend would change.
Gauntlet Legends 1 and 2 in the arcade were pretty sick.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The one I had for PS2, my friend and I just bought the split attack and acid powerups and farmed the stupid spider boss to max. Then raped the rest of the game. I hope this version delivers the same type of content-bypassing exploits in game mechanics.

Also,that was an heroic act!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The one I had for PS2, my friend and I just bought the split attack and acid powerups and farmed the stupid spider boss to max. Then raped the rest of the game. I hope this version delivers the same type of content-bypassing exploits in game mechanics.

All the ports of the arcade version were awful.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
i liked the multi players n64 one
frown.png

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
.Online and Couch Co-op Multiplayer

how does couch co-op happen on the PC? ive never done anything with a controller, so would that just be an option, if I had 2 controllers hooked up?

Taloo_sl

shitlord
.Online and Couch Co-op Multiplayer

how does couch co-op happen on the PC? ive never done anything with a controller, so would that just be an option, if I had 2 controllers hooked up?
KB and another input. Controller, stick, another keyboard whatever. Hell it's gauntlet I'm sure you could manage P1 on KB and P2 on mouse. Would play USF4 2P local vs if fighting games on pad weren't soul poison.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
KB and another input. Controller, stick, another keyboard whatever. Hell it's gauntlet I'm sure you could manage P1 on KB and P2 on mouse. Would play USF4 2P local vs if fighting games on pad weren't soul poison.
ok this might sound retarded because ive never done this, but I could hook up another keyboard mouse, and the gf and I could play this on my TV? ive never tried any type of... uh local multi player on a PC before, so im not sure how I would get it to recognize whatever it needs to, that so n so keyboard mouse is P1 etc, this all could be really simple but ive never done it, so sorry for the questions wich probably sound dumb as fuck.

Would a setup like this technically work for an emulator, and co-op games on there?

Taloo_sl

shitlord
ok this might sound retarded because ive never done this, but I could hook up another keyboard mouse, and the gf and I could play this on my TV? ive never tried any type of... uh local multi player on a PC before, so im not sure how I would get it to recognize whatever it needs to, that so n so keyboard mouse is P1 etc, this all could be really simple but ive never done it, so sorry for the questions wich probably sound dumb as fuck.

Would a setup like this technically work for an emulator, and co-op games on there?
It should. Depending on the program it could be a huge fucking pain in the ass to setup years ago but I think most games with pad keybinds should be plug and play with 2+ controllers via USB. Emulators were the hardest but drivers nowadays should be better and make it less of a hassle. Just plug em both in and settings should let you set up multiple controllers fairly easily on most emulators.

Zastlyn

Peasant

Me and my friend would do pretty much the same thing except we'd use the dwarf and knight special, which was a bowling ball, and kill the spider in 10 seconds. Repeat 1000000x

Flank_sl

shitlord
I played this for a couple of hours. It's exactly what you would expect from a Gauntlet game: quick fun with no depth. The on ly real problem that I have with it is that you cannot rebind the controls, as as with all games the default controls are not ideal.

The wizard invokes spells like the Invoker from dota. The other 3 characters each have 3 skills. You can get a choice of 2 relics (from around 10 total) which function as additional abilities that require a potion to use.

The Death monster appears on some levels, and functions similar to Death from the original (run away!).

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
is local co-op on pc possible.... with 2 kb / mice set up? ive never done local coop on my PC for any games...

Flank_sl

shitlord
is local co-op on pc possible.... with 2 kb / mice set up? ive never done local coop on my PC for any games...
I only have one keyboard plugged in, but in an offline game there is a 'press space to join' message, so it looks like local multiplayer is possible.

To clarify, each player would need both a keyboard and a mouse (or a control pad). It would not be possible to play with just a mouse or just a keyboard. The buttons are not configurable and you need both (you also aim with the mouse pointer).

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I only have one keyboard plugged in, but in an offline game there is a 'press space to join' message, so it looks like local multiplayer is possible.

To clarify, each player would need both a keyboard and a mouse (or a control pad). It would not be possible to play with just a mouse or just a keyboard. The buttons are not configurable and you need both (you also aim with the mouse pointer).
yeah that's what I was wondering, since I don't own controllers but I can find another keyboard/mouse to hook up, thanks for the info.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Who the fuck doesnt have an xbro controller laying around??
I used to have a USB Xbox one, but the usb plug fucked up. I think my nephew yanked on it too hard
frown.png
. I need to get another one.

Anyways, game is fun, but fuck the Wizard street fighter inputs lol