Gavinrad's Mass Effect 3+ Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Driving the mako was fucking awesome and I'd love for an open world/sandbox space exploration game that involved a flight sim + mako sim + on foot exploration like ME1's planetary exploration.
Meh, maybe if they made it handle better. I thought they did a fantastic job with the DLC vehicle from ME2.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think a lot of the replayability of ME1-2 had a lot to do with setting up your Shepard for the conclusion in ME3. Had ME3 just been another cog in a longer series (not the ending of atrilogy), it would have gone over alittlebetter and probably had more replayability as far as the single player experience goes.

Personally, I only played through ME3 once and put more time into the multiplayer than anything, because I like the gameplay and mechanics. The pack unlockset alwere decent enough carrots for me to keep plugging away and they've added quite a bit of content to the MP portion of the game. Like Bixxby said, if you can find a game now, it's still fun and there are about 10~ race / ability combos for each class now.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't shocked that the DLC for ME3 was overpriced and subpar (reviews were not kind to either Leviathan or Omega), but I will pick them up if they go on sale with the next larger DLC they release. Unfortunately, they don't exactly have a history of dropping DLC prices very often.

Doesn't help ME3 was the most on-rails game in the trilogy; 1 & 2 felt more like a space-sandbox-epic, with just the story on-rails. /endrant

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Outside Tuchunka, ME3 was average at best and had lots of shit in it. Hell just the whole big fuck you with Javik is more than enough reason to not support anymore ME titles.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That really needs a explanation? Major DLC content day one of the game that also happens to be about one of the central story elements of the series?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah I forgot about that. iirc I pirated a russian version that unlocked hours before my purchased one unlocked and came with Javik. That was such an overstep of DLC content given how closely intertwined Javik's content was with the game. iirc they decided they couldn't finish it and release in time so they stripped it out, sent it to B team to finish and then focused on the rest of the game. B team finished polishing it by the time the game actually came out...

They should've just made it free DLC.

fucker_sl

shitlord
Oh yeah I forgot about that. iirc I pirated a russian version that unlocked hours before my purchased one unlocked and came with Javik. That was such an overstep of DLC content given how closely intertwined Javik's content was with the game. iirc they decided they couldn't finish it and release in time so they stripped it out, sent it to B team to finish and then focused on the rest of the game. B team finished polishing it by the time the game actually came out...

you also believe in Santa, right Tuco ?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Having worked in the industry, this scenario is not a stretch of the imagination at all. I'd say it's 50/50 whether there really were doubts about being able to finish Javik vs them deliberately cutting it out of the game to make people pay for it. I definitely don't understand why they didn't do a free DLC thing like they did with ME2 and DAO.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Having worked in the industry, this scenario is not a stretch of the imagination at all. I'd say it's 50/50 whether there really were doubts about being able to finish Javik vs them deliberately cutting it out of the game to make people pay for it. I definitely don't understand why they didn't do a free DLC thing like they did with ME2 and DAO.
They had multiplayer this time around ?

I definitely prefer Valve's way of additional content, but they have shown remarkable lack of restraint with TF2 that distorts the original game, so both ways have their pros and cons.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Whether they deliberately diced Javik from the finished game vs cut him out during the testing phase doesn't really matter to me. Any content they have ready to go by the time the game is out should be included in the sticker price (barring minor deals with different distributors which I dislike on a different level than content universally receivable).

Itzena_sl

shitlord

Javik shouldn'ttechnicallybe called 'DLC' as all the content was on the game discs already.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Javik shouldn'ttechnicallybe called 'DLC' as all the content was on the game discs already.
IIRC it wasn't entirely - like the map files for his missions or something actually does download - you could kludge him in as a NPC but not his missions if you didn't have an "authorized" PC copy until you got those files.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
IIRC it wasn't entirely - like the map files for his missions or something actually does download - you could kludge him in as a NPC but not his missions if you didn't have an "authorized" PC copy until you got those files.
Ah, yes, "authorized"
biggrin.png

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
ME3 was crap in comparison to its predecessors. Unless the 'expansion' pretty much does away with the ending by pulling a 'loljk, disregard that' then I really don't care.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Honestly, if I pretend this happens after the ending, it will make me happy.

I get to furnish my own apartment, fuck yea.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
New DLC trailer is out.

15 bucks seems like a lot to have sex with your love interest again. but it does have Zaeed and Wrex in it.