Gemini Man (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
100% Agree. But back then we were all in on the joke, actors AND audience. Last Action Hero being the most blatant example.

Will Smith is not joking.
I wish I could find the article again, but many years ago I read one about why Last Action Hero ended up like it did. It was pretty fascinating at the time, but I remember literally zero of what it contained now.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't believe this already came and went at the theaters, talk about no word of mouth. I may be getting too old for this shit but usually SOMEONE at work is talking about movies. Is this worth streaming at home in a few weeks?

giphy.gif

Goatface

watched good rip of it the other day. thought it was ok, mostly just standard action stuff. have certainly watched worse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought the action scenes were pretty decent. The CGI of Will Smiff, however, was really bad.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
lulz cgi will smith was "ok", but then at the end they were like

he's in college, lets make him even younger!!!

only positive would be winstead

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Turning up in the usual places. Saw the 4k version last night, visually interesting to watch even if the movie itself isn't great.
Apparently only the 4k version is 60fps and dvd/bluray is 24fps. Closest thing I can compare it to is a 2 hour in-engine video game cutscene.
Really noticeable on panning shots, camera movement is smooth with no judder or loss of detail. Ocean parts stood out too.
Treat it as a tech demo and you'll enjoy it. I'm interested to see what other film makers can do with this.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Saw this in 4k last night. It wasnt all that bad, but was forgettable, and probably won't se Wohn Wick meets Blade Runner ever again.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I downloaded this just to see what the 60 fps looked like and holy fucking hell does it completely blow for movies. It looked like some asshole was filming it with an iPhone.

• 1Like