Gemini Man (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Oh whew, from the poster thumbnail I thought he was doing another teamup with his "son". This is Oscar worthy compared to what I imagined.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

this video gives a bunch of quotes for how amazing the special effects are... all the while showing off terrible cg... maybe the trailer was using WIP shots but good golly some of it was terrible

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
120 fps, better hope that doesn't include motion smoothing like the high frame rate Hobbit did.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wtf is up with multiple dirt bike assasination attempts lmao?

Is that like his special ability or something? Dirtbike Ditch Level VII: +20% damage - +20% release distance.

I dont think it looks terrible. Not great, but not terrible.

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
This has to be the most self-indulgent, narcissistic (I tend to be redundant and redundant) project in a long time. Will Smith wants you to know he can still keep up with the young people. Hey, everyone, I was in the YouTube Rewind, remember, because I am popular and all the kids know who I am. So I am going to defeat a younger, faster, tougher clone of myself to prove I still got it.

I thought that fucking sci-fi movie After Earth was the epitome of self indulgent - he basically forced it to be made (his company, he produced, his idea) and star his stupid kid and his character was this hero of the empire super emotional control being named Cypher fucking Rage. Ell o Ell o friggin' ell.

I will give Smith credit for Bright, I liked him in that. But he is losing touch with reality here. These stories are something kids come up with on the playground to be the hero and save the day, not movie ideas.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie script has been in development for over 20 years. Not saying Smith was in place from the beginning, but this movie literally was put on the shelf until proper technology allowed it to be made.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So was it that they got Ludacris and told him about the trope involving all Will Smith characters essentially just being Will Smith Being Will Smith.

Then he came back and pitched "How about a movie with Will Smith being Will Smith hunting Will Smith being Will Smith"?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
This movie script has been in development for over 20 years. Not saying Smith was in place from the beginning, but this movie literally was put on the shelf until proper technology allowed it to be made.
Calm down there Avatar.

spronk

FPS noob
lol in this clip from the studio, the car changes from green for 90% of the scene to suddenly white in the last 10 seconds. maybe this movie will be a masterpiece in continuity error OR maybe this movie is actually secretly a Transformers movie and thats Optimus Prime

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This has to be the most self-indulgent, narcissistic (I tend to be redundant and redundant) project in a long time. Will Smith wants you to know he can still keep up with the young people. Hey, everyone, I was in the YouTube Rewind, remember, because I am popular and all the kids know who I am. So I am going to defeat a younger, faster, tougher clone of myself to prove I still got it.

I thought that fucking sci-fi movie After Earth was the epitome of self indulgent - he basically forced it to be made (his company, he produced, his idea) and star his stupid kid and his character was this hero of the empire super emotional control being named Cypher fucking Rage. Ell o Ell o friggin' ell.

I will give Smith credit for Bright, I liked him in that. But he is losing touch with reality here. These stories are something kids come up with on the playground to be the hero and save the day, not movie ideas.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but that's most 80s and early 90s action hero movies. I know because I watched a lot of those when I was like 7 and they were my dream.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
lol in this clip from the studio, the car changes from green for 90% of the scene to suddenly white in the last 10 seconds. maybe this movie will be a masterpiece in continuity error OR maybe this movie is actually secretly a Transformers movie and thats Optimus Prime

Good god that was horrible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

That video was dumb but I don't see the color changing.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the car doesn't turn from green to white... there's some real weird editing. when he's up against the white car, you can see the green car he was just against ahead of him. basically while young will was showboating on the bike, old will tried to get away and moved against a different car. but that whole last chunk looks like it's taken from a completely different scene in the first place. it's really hard to get any kind of spatial understanding

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but that's most 80s and early 90s action hero movies. I know because I watched a lot of those when I was like 7 and they were my dream.

100% Agree. But back then we were all in on the joke, actors AND audience. Last Action Hero being the most blatant example.

Will Smith is not joking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users