General Discussion

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm not alone here...

My goal is simply to play in packed newbie zones again for a couple hours and experience that classic EQ rush. The end game drama does not appeal to me anymore. Trains, camps, races, poopsockin, etc. Seems gay.

Anyone else on the same wavelength here or is everyone trying to get them firsts?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is an instanced server man so poopsocking doesn't exist unless you want it to. Trains and camps are going to happen its Everquest, you can either derail the train or if its too big just pay it back. Races do exist but not really. The only other guild who even tried gave up after losing a few times and became instance only permanently.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So I'm not familiar with these server types compared to say P99, do they never have the pre-nerf items? (mana stone / masks etc)?

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I'm pretty sure no manastones. I think masks were in for some servers but not for others. I'm sure some TLP vets can chime in.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can somebody explain how /pick is used? I understand you can use it to jump into another copy of the current zone but how does it work for camps? If I am in LGUK and camping X, am I camping all instances of X or am I just camping one? How does this really play out?

Sterling

El Presidente
So I'm not familiar with these server types compared to say P99, do they never have the pre-nerf items? (mana stone / masks etc)?
Some are in, some not. No manastone, no Holgresh Elder Beads for example. Other things like Guise is in until Kunark, then it changes to the Rogue/Bard only version. Same deal with Fungi Staff from Seb. Starts prenerf, then around Velious it's the nerfed one.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can somebody explain how /pick is used? I understand you can use it to jump into another copy of the current zone but how does it work for camps? If I am in LGUK and camping X, am I camping all instances of X or am I just camping one? How does this really play out?

I am going to use LGuk as an example - When Lower Guk (Base zone) reaches 50 people overall at once what happens is the server makes a copy of Guk which is accessible by /pick. The copy has the exact layout of L Guk and the same camps, monster types, and appropriate levels.

- You or your group can only ever be present in 1 pick at a time and there is a cooldown of 5 minutes once you /pick before you can use it again.
- Using /pick while inside of Guk is going to put you at the exact location you /pick from. So if you /pick from Frenzy room and the pick is fresh you are going to have everything agro. Location when picking is definitely something to pay attention to.
- Raid mobs specifically with "Mitigation of the Mighty" do not spawn in picks.
- People will pop into your camp all of the time checking to see if a pick is open, its pretty normal.
- There can be as many copies of a zone as there is players to force it once you reach that zones threshold in /pick. For instance Guk has 50 people and Guk 1 forms, Guk 1 then has 50 people and Guk 2 forms etc. This can and will go up to about 10-15 copies of zones like Guk or Sebilis in Kunark.
- If there is less than the minimum threshold for a zone the pick will collapse. In order to prevent abuse it takes randomly from minutes to hours.

wormie wormie Druids parse for DPS in classic but are MUCH better healing on raids. They still can PL, port, and pretty much are wanted for all groups. Sterling has one as his second main, he can probably give more detail.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
With /pick, how many people can be on a server now? Seems like this new server could bring in many thousands of old players and I always remembered high-pop servers having like 3k people or so?

Seems like it'd be in EQ's best interest to make a mega-server of all the same-rules servers.

Do we expect the new TLP to be unplayable or down the first days(s), week(s)?

Sterling

El Presidente
It can and likely will be thousands on release yeah. It was like that with Phinny. I would suspect that there could be some issues, but there's a reason they made it mostly a phinny clone, most of the issues were basically beta tested on phinny so I suspect it will be relatively smooth. Well as smooth as anything DBG does, things are relative.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It can and likely will be thousands on release yeah. It was like that with Phinny. I would suspect that there could be some issues, but there's a reason they made it mostly a phinny clone, most of the issues were basically beta tested on phinny so I suspect it will be relatively smooth. Well as smooth as anything DBG does, things are relative.
I can't wait for the literal dumpster fire then

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
definitely under 72 hours. our boys are going to blow the old record out of the water.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The current record is 40 hours, and we did it at level 35-37, so idk if we'll be blowing that out of the water now that the mobs are buffed etc. Since we've already got the Nag/Vox records my goal is to do Innoruuk, CT, and Sky faster than ever. I need to get the exact timer on Innoruuk but I know his current timer is over 78 hours, so we'll aim for around there. CT will die almost immediately after Inny, even though his timer is like 6-12 hours later. Sky is like 13 days or something crazy and we will aim to clear that in 10.

Our test grinds so far have looked good. We're getting to level 20 in sub 20 hours pretty easily. From there we just need to average a level every 104 minutes or so to put us into position to meet our Inny/CT timer goals. That assumes no sleep for the first 72 hours or otherwise boxing each-other during sleep shifts.

Our current tests also have a lot of refinement left to do, so we will probably be even faster than current projections.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The current record is 40 hours, and we did it at level 35-37, so idk if we'll be blowing that out of the water now that the mobs are buffed etc. Since we've already got the Nag/Vox records my goal is to do Innoruuk, CT, and Sky faster than ever. I need to get the exact timer on Innoruuk but I know his current timer is over 78 hours, so we'll aim for around there. CT will die almost immediately after Inny, even though his timer is like 6-12 hours later. Sky is like 13 days or something crazy and we will aim to clear that in 10.

Our test grinds so far have looked good. We're getting to level 20 in sub 20 hours pretty easily. From there we just need to average a level every 104 minutes or so to put us into position to meet our Inny/CT timer goals. That assumes no sleep for the first 72 hours or otherwise boxing eachother during sleep shifts.
How much of this testing is being done with XP group pots from DBG? Are you figuring that into the equation with one pimp daddy per group?

I haven't engaged too much yet so haven't requested a static group. I am still evaluating if I want to or even can run two characters before I make that call.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
How much of this testing is being done with XP group pots from DBG? Are you figuring that into the equation with one pimp daddy per group?

I haven't engaged too much yet so haven't requested a static group. I am still evaluating if I want to or even can run two characters before I make that call.

Right now we're not using the exp potions, we have the shit anniversary exp bonus atm putting us at 180% exp already so we just add 30% to our timer (Assuming 50% exp potions) and 55% (assuming 25% exp potions). Each group is on it's own terms with using the potions, obviously I encourage everyone to use the best ones available but I'm not blaming someone if they don't want to drop the cash on the 50% pots.

Once the anniversary exp bonus ends we'll get a more accurate assessment of the leveling time.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Bonus xp is 50 percent, not 80 this time around.

The current anniversary exp bonus is 50%?
giphy.gif