General Gaming News and Discussion

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I liked this comment but also have to say, Ubisoft hasn't done jack shit in 10+ years so maybe stop throwing stones from your glass house.
I do think there are some good games in the last 10 years. I just looked at the list. :) I switched to a smaller team last year that is closer to it community. I like it very much so far,

Minus the framerate fix on blight town was great but the rest played better on DSFIX IMO. On positive note I got the Solaire Amibo.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Good point. I'm probably better off just playing Morrowind and Oblivion on PC with mods rather than buying a gorram new system for them in five years or something.
They opened a studio here in Montréal not so long ago I think with ex Ubi employees. It could be great.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think the main problem is this isn't an entire ground up remake in UE5. They are supposedly going to be using cross launching containers in UE5 with integrations into legacy systems from Gamebryo. (Which in all actuality all Gamebryo is, is a mix of containers anyway - which is why it has issues constantly)

I cannot even imagine the nightmare short cuts that would have to be taken here. Last game to try this in development was Redfall before they forced a stop start back to UE4 and still tried to compartmentalize a shit ton of lacking feature sets which we all saw how that panned out.

If that is their intention you would have thought folks would have learned the 1st time. If I were epic I wouldn't even allow the practice because it's going to put a shit reputation on UE5.

Basically the 1st truly developed game with UE5 worth a shit will be Kingdom Hearts 4 because they will likely leverage the on-set virtual production feature sets.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

1690985400483.png

connect deez nuts

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Found a hidden link on their site that shows the developers hard at work

1690952074525.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What do they think that means? Because to me it sounds like pointless live service trash and nothing if value to the consumer.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I totally posted this in the wrong thread.

Welcome to Battlefield "Everywhere" (TM)

Enter any theater of war in the last 100 years leveraging assets from all the other games gated by a $19.99 entry fee (Per theater) IE: World War 1, World War 2 (3 areas all costing 19.99 a pop) Korea (Reskinned Vietnam), Vietnam, Iraq, modern, and future warfare - and $9.99 map package within each one. All in one broken mess of a game! Total entry before cosmetics and seasons - only $673.99 (With 10% off if you are an EA Member!) - coming to a store near you.

Future DLC roadmap "Make everything in the game historically accurate for the first time ever." Only $999.99. We basically reskin all the purple haired lesbians to white people up through Iraq. With 40% of the proceeds going to the Alphabet community to bring awareness to how they didn't do jack shit over the course of 100 years.

• 2Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What do they think that means? Because to me it sounds like pointless live service trash and nothing if value to the consumer.
It means you can also play your micro transaction mobile Battlefield game on the PS5, XBOX x, XBOX1, PC, PS4, XBOX360, Steam Deck, and Nintendo whatevers.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of Battlefield, yesterday's BF2042 update was pretty good. Map and squad improvements. The game had a rough start but it's fun to play now.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Speaking of Battlefield, yesterday's BF2042 update was pretty good. Map and squad improvements. The game had a rough start but it's fun to play now.

Battlebit is still better.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Nice corpo talk losers.

If you have nothing of substance to say why even say anything
It's an earnings conference call not a press release. Corpo loser talk is all it is. What else would you expect?

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
So interesting situation for me.

I recently signed up for Verizon Wireless, and as part of their promotion I got a free XBox Series S. I know, might not be the best system, but hey, it's free.

I have never owned an XBox in my life, I have always had a Playstation.

It's pretty good timing because I am interseted in Starfield, so I will more than likely pick that up.

My question is....do I have to sign up to a subscription service like I do on the Playstation? What if I never plan on playing multiplayer? Can I play Starfield without having to sign up for Xbox's whatever plan?

I know that the Gamepass or whatever gives me access to a lot of games, but truth is there is more than enough to play on PS right now as is, and I'm not looking to sink a lot of money into yet another ecosystem. The Xbox was free, I would rather try and minimize how much money I spend on the system outside of the occasional game.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So interesting situation for me.

I recently signed up for Verizon Wireless, and as part of their promotion I got a free XBox Series S. I know, might not be the best system, but hey, it's free.

I have never owned an XBox in my life, I have always had a Playstation.

It's pretty good timing because I am interseted in Starfield, so I will more than likely pick that up.

My question is....do I have to sign up to a subscription service like I do on the Playstation? What if I never plan on playing multiplayer? Can I play Starfield without having to sign up for Xbox's whatever plan?

I know that the Gamepass or whatever gives me access to a lot of games, but truth is there is more than enough to play on PS right now as is, and I'm not looking to sink a lot of money into yet another ecosystem. The Xbox was free, I would rather try and minimize how much money I spend on the system outside of the occasional game.

Damn, zat promotion still going on? I don't have an XBox and I was considering switching to Verizon for phone service.

If it's only for the home wireless I'm probably SOL, Comcast has a monopoly on this area.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Damn, zat promotion still going on? I don't have an XBox and I was considering switching to Verizon for phone service.

If it's only for the home wireless I'm probably SOL, Comcast has a monopoly on this area.
It was for home internet yeah.

spronk

FPS noob

aug 17th for ps4 and switch, $50

i guess for xbox you just run the 360 version with upscaled emulation (native, automatic)? kinda weird. nothing about pc yet either?

• 1WTF