General Gaming News and Discussion

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of thumbnails, just saw this response to the response. The thumbnail is exactly what I thought.

Love how he just comes out swinging again to torch Linus' response. Hope it triggers Linus to make more public statements and dig a deeper hole.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Love how he just comes out swinging again to torch Linus' response. Hope it triggers Linus to make more public statements and dig a deeper hole.
Yeah the first video I felt like he was trying to be nice while throwing them under the bus but this one was more “give me a break” style.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the first video I felt like he was trying to be nice while throwing them under the bus but this one was more “give me a break” style.

I had to skip past the first 23 minutes of picking apart issues with their graphs or testing. I get that it is wrong and may be indicative of more systemic issues with procedures, deadlines, and pressures, but it all seemed a bit petty and made me ask "why?"

The ethical concerns and other things taken in total look pretty bad and LTT or LMG has been on a downward spiral ever since Linus went full megacorp. He has this nice bell curve of irrelevancy to peak usefulness and now back down to being irrelevant b/c it is all so corporate and just marketing.

But, did I miss what really, specifically, made Steve target them? There's 100,000 different tech channels that do as bad or worse than LTT. Is it because LTT is so large and has such reach Steve feels the need to defend consumers from the bad actions of LMG? Power supplies blowing up and other consumer advocacy things that GN has been involved in seemed a bit more egregious and seriously related to consumer safety or straight up theft.

It just seems like there's a whole layer behind the scenes that we aren't seeing and Steve is trying to handle it as diplomatically as possible and in the way Tech Jesus knows how to do it.

Crazy videos though.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
But, did I miss what really, specifically, made Steve target them? There's 100,000 different tech channels that do as bad or worse than LTT. Is it because LTT is so large and has such reach Steve feels the need to defend consumers from the bad actions of LMG? Power supplies blowing up and other consumer advocacy things that GN has been involved in seemed a bit more egregious and seriously related to consumer safety or straight up theft.

Steve covers it in the first minute of the initial video. On a video tour of the Linus lab an emplyee says they are way than Gamer Nexus and Hardware unboxing since the test new hardware and everytime and have more acurate results. Then Linus addressed it on his podcast being smug about. That triggered Steve to torch Linus.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had to skip past the first 23 minutes of picking apart issues with their graphs or testing. I get that it is wrong and may be indicative of more systemic issues with procedures, deadlines, and pressures, but it all seemed a bit petty and made me ask "why?"

The ethical concerns and other things taken in total look pretty bad and LTT or LMG has been on a downward spiral ever since Linus went full megacorp. He has this nice bell curve of irrelevancy to peak usefulness and now back down to being irrelevant b/c it is all so corporate and just marketing.

It just seems like there's a whole layer behind the scenes that we aren't seeing and Steve is trying to handle it as diplomatically as possible and in the way Tech Jesus knows how to do it.

Crazy videos though.
Well the picking apart all the errors was a good way to show a lot of quick examples of LTT rushing content. Showing how they were not retracting their mistakes, and were publishing the videos with known mistakes in them.

My guess is people were very mad about the selling of the cooling block, combined with that LTT video of them lying directly about their test results versus NG’s. I assume he took that personally, and said fuck it video time, I know I would.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Steve covers it in the first minute of the initial video. On a video tour of the Linus lab an emplyee says they are way than Gamer Nexus and Hardware unboxing since the test new hardware and everytime and have more acurate results. Then Linus addressed it on his podcast being smug about. That triggered Steve to torch Linus.

Yeah, that is a good point. I think by 40 minutes in I had forgotten that brief intro part showing that comment.

*edit: I think where I was coming from is that spending 20m going over that isn't as useful as highlighting the other shady stuff and opens GN up for a rebuttal of every time GN has made a mistake in a graph or test. And anyone else can attempt to create a trend based off those errors the same way Steve did. Even though GN stands behind their process in communicating issues with their tests and any errors, etc.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On 10th August, we were told by LTT via email that the block had been sold at auction. There was no apology.

We replied on 10th August within 30 minutes, telling LTT that this wasn't okay, and that this was a £XXXX prototype, and we asked if they planned to reimburse us at all.

We received no reply and no offer of payment until 2 hours after the Gamers Nexus video went live on 14th August, at which point Linus himself emailed us directly.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
IMG_1555.jpeg

• 12Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Malakriss

LTT was sent the correct video card with the prototype waterblock by the company, but they lost it before testing and decided to use a completely different model instead for the review. Other buyers from the auction reported they were sent an email asking what products they bought because LTT could not even manage to keep records of what they sold and to who. So in desperate attempt to verify where the waterblock went they emailed everyone.
wa1lulggtbib1.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
game comes out in 2 months looks like bloodborne basically

its weird though there is a game with the exact same name from 2014 and i just assumed this was a sequel but it looks like one has nothing to do with the other?

Jesus, that is literally Bloodborne

Araxen

LTT was sent the correct video card with the prototype waterblock by the company, but they lost it before testing and decided to use a completely different model instead for the review. Other buyers from the auction reported they were sent an email asking what products they bought because LTT could not even manage to keep records of what they sold and to who. So in desperate attempt to verify where the waterblock went they emailed everyone.
wa1lulggtbib1.png
It took Steve's video for LTT to get off his ass to do anything about it. What a fucking Canadian clown.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
but wait, it gets better. Apparently they have no idea who won what at their auction and suddenly have an urge to do their taxes

0tamw51v9dib1.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users