General Gaming News and Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Literal human garbage.

I don't normally preorder anything because it's pointless. This was actually acquired by accident. I ordered it on Bestbuy.com the day before it came out, which I guess counts as a "preorder". Then it arrived in two separate boxes which was pretty weird. One turned out to be this canvas art print and I was impressed, cause they certainly didn't need to go to that effort.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 493821
View attachment 493822
I can't speak for the actual game because I haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet, but AC Mirage has an outstanding preorder bonus. I expected this "art print" to basically be a glorified postcard and instead I got something high-quality.

I hope the effort put into this bodes well for the effort put into the game.
Your knuckles bend the other way like Zuck's knees.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It's as old as time (well, online gaming). Back in old school Wow (pre-cata) when it took a long time to level up, the WoW Gold sites also offered leveling up services. You had to hand over your login details, which always boggled my mind as to trust, but whatever.

But yes, it's just like buying Gold or such in MMOs, people who don't have time to farm but have money (people in high paying jobs), it's easy for them to do it, and understandable, even if it is bad.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I wonder what method they used and how high they leveled. If they weren't allowed to kill bosses and they had to get him to something like 100, that's definitely going to take some time even with the ball method or killing trash.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I wonder what method they used and how high they leveled. If they weren't allowed to kill bosses and they had to get him to something like 100, that's definitely going to take some time even with the ball method or killing trash.
child labor hard work GIF by South Park

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't normally preorder anything because it's pointless. This was actually acquired by accident. I ordered it on Bestbuy.com the day before it came out, which I guess counts as a "preorder". Then it arrived in two separate boxes which was pretty weird. One turned out to be this canvas art print and I was impressed, cause they certainly didn't need to go to that effort.
Yes, buying something before it is out is a pre-order. I find it amusing that you're surprised by this.

spronk

FPS noob

30 seconds on PC - cheat engine
2 mins on PS4/5 (ps5 version can import ps4 saves) - save wizard lets you edit any stat/item/etc on a save
?? on xbox

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I bet it was level 100 without killing any bosses. You could get a bunch from that giant dragon if that's acceptable. Once you get the ball method down to a science it goes fast, so that's what I would go with. When I first played ER and hit a wall where I had to get my HP up fast because I'd been ignoring it all game, I managed to double my HP in two hours of the ball. Two hours is all I could physically take of that boring camp, but it worked. Not sure how long it'd take to get 100, because it was already slowing way down after 2 hours. Wish I could remember what level I ended at.

But yeah, in this hypothetical, the pay rate goes down with every hour that the process takes. Even if it takes 10 or 20 hours that's still $100 or $50 an hour to play Elden Ring which sounds to me like a sweet gig.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yes, buying something before it is out is a pre-order. I find it amusing that you're surprised by this.

Pre-ordering is something I don't generally do, and to me I think of it as going and putting the order down well in advance to "guarantee your copy" or whatever Gamestop tells people. Ordering something online the day before it came out didn't even strike me as a pre-order but rather just an order. Point is it wasn't intentional on my part to get the pre-order bonus and that's part of why I was so surprised by it. That and how good it actually looks relative to what I'd expect from gimmicks like that, especially from Ubisoft. I'd have assumed the picture would have been a postcard or something. Hell, with Ubisoft you're lucky if they give you a stamp.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We live in a era where a twitch streamer can be 12 hours into a game with their early access and everyone else can still "pre-order" a midnight PT launch.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users