General Gaming News and Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We live in a era where a twitch streamer can be 12 hours into a game with their early access and everyone else can still "pre-order" a midnight PT launch.
Is this really that weird? Twitch streamers have just replaced the old gaming press, since the old gaming press wasn't really press anyway, it was just a stealth advertising arm.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Is this really that weird?
Dr Steve Brule Yes GIF

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I missed this. Epic is losing money. They make almost $6B off of Fortnite alone, but now laying off 16% of their workers. Maybe time to pull the plug on EGS!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game doesn't look bad. Like NFL Blitz with cards...

• 1Faggotry

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Disney has actually came out and said that they are pushing for gender and racial minorities in ALL of their IP's. If we thought EA was bad - Disney is going to ask us to hold it's beer.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Disney has actually came out and said that they are pushing for gender and racial minorities in ALL of their IP's. If we thought EA was bad - Disney is going to ask us to hold it's beer.

As a black dude. Great! I want to at least make a character that KINDA resembles me. (Big fat black guy with diabetus and higgbloodprezzure). Or once in a while play a character that's named Tyrone. But have it make some sense. I don't want to see Zeus looking like...

1696979452925.png

• 6Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
As a black dude. Great! I want to at least make a character that KINDA resembles me. (Big fat black guy with diabetus and higgbloodprezzure). Or once in a while play a character that's named Tyrone. But have it make some sense. I don't want to see Zeus looking like...

View attachment 494536

You post reminded me of the old Hulk Hogan movie I watched when I was a kid where he battle a character named Zeus played by Tommy Lister.

a1-nhb.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 494536
Wrong thread for this discussion:
Notice I said "All of their IP's" - As Im using Little Mermaid for a clear example. Black washing white culture is just as bad as white washing black culture in my book and I .. think?... you agree. As for new characters? Have at it. As you said, make it make sense. Africa and the Middle East have a literal fuck ton of different cultures to choose from with thousands of stories dating back thousands of years between all of them that they could pull from for inspiration. The very people black washing white stories are the culprits here, not the animosity between whites and blacks. As everything just comes off as a slight towards white people, and in reality its some woke lazy ass white cuck of a SJW. I'd do anything to go back to ~2010 when these types of people didnt have the power they have today.

Sort of like this - How those I've just talked about have massacred that IP.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

battlefield 5 : Donald Duck vs Mickey Mouse
This would just make it easier to not buy more products from them.

But I doubt they are considering this. His board wants him to divest not build more assets of useless brands they can ruin. They are in total brand control right now probably going to license D+ out in India to Netflix and possibly sell ABC. EA probably fetches 30-40 billion no way they are looking to spend that warchest in this fucking economy when they've lost half of their market value.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

View attachment 494536

I'm all in on a black Zeus who's fat and diabetic with high blood pressure and has a Dr always riding him about eating better or he might have to go on dialysis.

Guy named Tyrone's a hard "No" though.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah realistically iger probably has bigger problems anyways and EA is a dumpster fire, but then again Activision is going to get bought finally for $70 billion this month

questioning whether the executive has “lost the magic” he brought to the company during his previously stint at the helm.

the magic of setting the stage for all the culture war bullshit that is now destroying their company that Chapek sort of tried to steer them away from? bippity boppity faggot.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer

View attachment 494536
That's the problem with "creative" types designing things they think the "savages" would like. You end up with wakanda shields operated by bongo. Levers and buttons would be too civilized. Voice command doesn't show their quaint primitiveness. They can't ever just have full tech black race. They do stupid shit like put afros on their armor. When in reality just a muscle bound black dude with a shaved head and some cool cybernetics would look dope

• 1Like