General Gaming News and Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Why are all these Tetris masters / pro players / world record setters in the modern era like 10 years old?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Because that age is the best physical condition and brain maturation for certain tasks when you balance it against time living as a functioning human with necessary coordination and muscle control to practice repetitive tasks. There's a reason virtuosos tend to be discovered around 12-15.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Why are all these Tetris masters / pro players / world record setters in the modern era like 10 years old?
Short answer.

Shake Shack Eating GIF by GIPHY News

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Because that age is the best physical condition and brain maturation for certain tasks when you balance it against time living as a functioning human with necessary coordination and muscle control to practice repetitive tasks. There's a reason virtuosos tend to be discovered around 12-15.
Yeah, but oddly FPS gamers peak in their 20s.

Tetris is weird because of the roll method:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah, but oddly FPS gamers peak in their 20s.

Tetris is weird because of the roll method:

Well I mean Mozart didn't make his best stuff at 14. It's just like the first age bracket where if you focus hours every day from age 7 or so you can start hitting the 10k hours mark.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
She's 100% right. Speedrunning is some legit turbo autistic shit that shouldn't be encouraged.

Also an insane number of speedrunners are trannies.

• 14Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 15 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
She's 100% right. Speedrunning is some legit turbo autistic shit that shouldn't be encouraged.

Bro I'm not sure a 45 minute game of Tetris is really "speed running".

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bro I'm pretty sure you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
Bro I'm pretty sure I don't know anything about speed running I just know whenever a single game of Tetris takes the better part of an hour it's not speed anything.

• 7Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bro I'm pretty sure I don't know anything about speed running I just know whenever a single game of Tetris takes the better part of an hour it's not speed anything.
Did he play one game and complete it by sheer genius, or did he practice this for countless hours... like a speedrunner?

Next step is he'll speed run a girlfriend with some cross sex hormones to grow his own boobs.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Even one of the dudes this kid competed against was a troon.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Did he play one game and complete it by sheer genius, or did he practice this for countless hours... like a speedrunner?

Next step is he'll speed run a girlfriend with some cross sex hormones to grow his own boobs.

Tell me you didn't watch the video without telling me you didn't watch the video.

Apparently the controller technique he's using takes hours upon hours of practice alone. Not to mention the hours upon hours to master the game itself.

• 1Picard

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This wasn't a speedrun, it was an attempt to reach a kill screen, the screen at which a game crashes due to usually some memory overflow due to some variable being too high.

The only way to reach a level or score or whatever this high is to play extremely well to survive long enough to reach where the game crashes.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tell me you didn't watch the video without telling me you didn't watch the video.

Apparently the controller technique he's using takes hours upon hours of practice alone. Not to mention the hours upon hours to master the game itself.
It was a rhetorical question.

This wasn't a speedrun, it was an attempt to reach a kill screen, the screen at which a game crashes due to usually some memory overflow due to some variable being too high.

The only way to reach a level or score or whatever this high is to play extremely well to survive long enough to reach where the game crashes.
Yesh technically it's different, but it's the same skillset.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You braindead pedantic fucks it's the same fucking shit. Speedrunning is a broad category, not just 3 minute glitched to hell abominations where you have no idea what's going on unless you're also an autistic troon.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Let the autistic faggots have something be proud of, even if it's this pointless and stupid. What are they hurting?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users