General Gaming News and Discussion

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They need to make some games that make me want to download that shit service in the first place let alone pay a monthly service. Only one in the past was Division games, but it seems like they gave up on those and chose to do shitty avatar games instead. (Like who the hell gives a fuck about "Avatar" in 2024?)
The Avatar sequel is the third highest grossing film of all time and only came out a year ago. Yeah, it's so shocking they might want to make money off that IP.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The Avatar sequel is the third highest grossing film of all time and only came out a year ago. Yeah, it's so shocking they might want to make money off that IP.

As long as line go up you can't complain. It's science

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

As long as line go up you can't complain. It's science
Things that were never said, sigh. It wasn't a comment on quality. I thought the first one was shit and never plan to see another.

He acted like it was something no one was interested in ("who the hell gives a fuck"). That is objectively false.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just hope it doesnt have god awful rap music inside the game like the trailer does. Moronic fucking marketing team.

Moronic rap music in trailers where it doesn't fit is real annoying. Spider-Man 2 sure, but Prince of Persia? Assassin's Creed? Greek and Norse mythology? Fuckin' hell.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Things that were never said, sigh. It wasn't a comment on quality. I thought the first one was shit and never plan to see another.

He acted like it was something no one was interested in ("who the hell gives a fuck"). That is objectively false.
I don't know of a single person who likes Avatar.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I know a guy who is playing the new game. He's a simpleton.

Interesting. Blue man group noble savage just never worked for me. They tried really hard to make it new star wars but aside from those weirdo cosplayers when the first one came out I can't think of anyone who isn't ambivalent.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It may be possible that your personal experiences aren't fully informative to the world.
impossible-star-wars.gif

• 1Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It tried to turn what was already established as a Guild v. Guild/Realm v. Realm v. Realm PvP game into a PvE focused "raiding"/"epic" questing/etc. game.

Essentially, SOE had released Planes of Power the year before. Mythic saw how successful it was, and then said to their devs, "Hey, let's try to do that but make it fit our game's "lore"!". It was the complete wrong direction to take the game at the time. They could've stuck a lot of that loot on the World/Realm dragons instead, or even just added yet another "world"-type loot pinata with similar drops - similar to the dragons they already had in each realm.

Instead, they tried to shoehorn in a bunch of PvE shit that the largely PvP focused community had no interest in and hated. Not to mention, it was a bug ridden mess at release. A lot of the encounters sucked, wouldn't give credit/flags, gave credit to people in groups not raids, etc. Hell, I went back to play DAoC for a nostalgia hit like 4 or 5 years ago and some of the encounters/quests are STILL bugged and require weird workarounds.
Reading that reminded me, didn't they make artifact leveling pve only at first? My memory is bad.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You managed to say we have more entertainment than ever, and then in the same paragraph say we have less and less.

The point isn't quantity, rather quality. If you are a simpleton who eats shit and thinks it is steak, then yes, there is a massive amount of entertainment out there. For anyone who values quality, there's almost fuck all in terms of new things to watch. A few decent movies a year, and maybe as many tv shows.
Yeah, because pre-netflix streaming era we had so much more quality than we do now. /rolleyes

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Had to look this up.

"I finished Elden Ring on a dance pad"

Me: Yeah that's probably doable

"With no deaths"

Me: Unlikely but I could see it

"In seven hours"

Me: What the actual fuck
No, that was the easy mode.

She eventually beat it playing 2 copies of the game at the same time:

• 3Mother of God
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That statement was so shocking I had to BoxOfficeMojo it, and sure enough. How is that possible? I don't know a single person that saw Avatar-Water in the theatre and those that saw it on HBO later all were bored to tears with it.

Then you have films like Top Gun Maverick that every single person I know went to see it and many of them multiple times. This is teenage nephews/nieces, friends in their 20's, 30's, 40's and even my wife and my parents that are in their 60's, 70's, 80's. It appealed to all age ranges and everyone loved it.

How the fuck does a film, that zero people I know saw and zero people I know loved make more than a Billion dollars more than a film that seemingly everyone saw and loved?

Fuck this fake, gay, and stupid world.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

That statement was so shocking I had to BoxOfficeMojo it, and sure enough. How is that possible? I don't know a single person that saw Avatar-Water in the theatre and those that saw it on HBO later all were bored to tears with it.

Then you have films like Top Gun Maverick that every single person I know went to see it and many of them multiple times. This is teenage nephews/nieces, friends in their 20's, 30's, 40's and even my wife and my parents that are in their 60's, 70's, 80's. It appealed to all age ranges and everyone loved it.

How the fuck does a film, that zero people I know saw and zero people I know loved make more than a Billion dollars more than a film that seemingly everyone saw and loved?

Fuck this fake, gay, and stupid world.
Would you really know if all those people didn't see Avatar, especially the more extended family? It came out during the holiday period (like the first one) and benefitted quite a bit from that -- it's one of those films that hits all four quadrants so makes for a compromise film to watch for the holidays. Still, even then, it had great holds so it wasn't some front loaded behemoth or anything. I'm not sure it's universally loved but it certainly has some rabid support. It does have generally good audience ratings from different sources, though. I really don't get it but it has some appeal I don't understand.

There's music I've come across that I'd never heard of before and billions of people have. It's a big world, even the most popular things can fall outside your sphere.

Top Gun outperformed Avatar in the domestic market but got stomped internationally.

That's true but still only something like a 30-40 million difference, so the amount of audience goers is pretty close.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ok, then fuck you im done buying games. Simple.

Just go hit up the local library. I've got like 5 of them within 10 minutes of where I live. Barely even go game shopping anymore, I just drop by one of the libraries when I'm in the area and grab a few things. They usually get new games within 3-4 days of release if they're any kind of big deal, it costs nothing, and (at least here) they let you keep things for like a month. ...which basically means as long as you want because you can bring something back and check it out again immediately. Though I never needed more than a week or two with anything.

There are still games worth buying, like Fromsoft stuff and things I absolutely have to play on release day. But anything I can wait on, I just go check it out when I'm ready to play it. It's sort of like going to a game store, except you can grab whatever you want (within reason, most of them have like a 5 game at a time policy).

F the game industry at this point.