General Gaming News and Discussion

Caliane

yeah, thats my thoughts on it. it wasn't weird until you made it weird. Its like going to the beach then starting to run around and cover up the children wearing bathing suits.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
yeah, thats my thoughts on it. it wasn't weird until you made it weird. Its like going to the beach then starting to run around and cover up the children wearing bathing suits.
No, it's closer to some guy running around and zooming in close on kids while drooling, and parents being creeped out busting out less revealing bathing suits because the police wont execute the creepos.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No, it's closer to some guy running around and zooming in close on kids while drooling, and parents being creeped out busting out less revealing bathing suits because the police wont execute the creepos.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

This guy is well spoken and this was pretty cool.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's almost a 3 hour video!

Cliff notes:

1) Legacy MMORPG's were cool but niche.
2) WoW came out and destroyed that notion
3) WoW made accessibility / steamroll content easy for everyone
4) Others tried to replicate
5) Everyone bought into "This is the WoW killer hype"
6) Others failed - Rinse and repeat steps 4 through 6 for 15 years.
7) Today the entire genre sucks and will never get fixed but he knows how to do it but really doesn't so used "My video is too long" as a cop out for a cliff hanger.

The End.

(Don't worry you have seen this before, and have known everything said verbatim via these forums for the last 20 years.)

• 6Like
  • 3Worf
  • 2Genius!
Reactions: 11 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Cliff notes:

1) Legacy MMORPG's were cool but niche.
2) WoW came out and destroyed that notion
3) WoW made accessibility / steamroll content easy for everyone
4) Others tried to replicate
5) Everyone bought into "This is the WoW killer hype"
6) Others failed - Rinse and repeat steps 4 through 6 for 15 years.
7) Today the entire genre sucks and will never get fixed but he knows how to do it but really doesn't so used "My video is too long" as a cop out for a cliff hanger.

The End.

(Don't worry you have seen this before, and have known everything said verbatim via these forums for the last 20 years.)
My man

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
As much as he accurately depicts the shitshow that is the recent, current, and future landscape of MMOs, watching the video somewhat makes me want to play. Well, it makes me feel like I do. When in reality I'd last about 2 days and realize there's just too much going on and it best remains a memory.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As much as he accurately depicts the shitshow that is the recent, current, and future landscape of MMOs, watching the video somewhat makes me want to play. Well, it makes me feel like I do. When in reality I'd last about 2 days and realize there's just too much going on and it best remains a memory.
Sometimes it hits just right or you’re bored enough to put the time in to get past that overwhelming hump, and you find yourself 6 months later strung out wondering what the fuck happened to your life.

Argarth

On the verandah

This guy is well spoken and this was pretty cool.
I watched the whole thing (and paid attention), well worth it on a lazy afternoon at home. Really, very well done, and filled in some historical gaps for me too.
From Part 4 to the end I found especially interesting. Like Intrinsic Intrinsic said above, feel like playing again now. Damn you nostalgia! Hopefully it'll pass before the day is out.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
has anyone here ever heard of this company or dumb enough to buy one of their products?

I've heard of em. Bought a wooden wrist rest from em. But overall, they are waaaaaay too expensive.

• 1Solidarity