General Gaming News and Discussion

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure if being stuck in limbo while SE does nothing with the IPs because recent entries didn't sell as much as some retarded bean counter's pipe dream said they would is better or worse than being sold off to Embracer...

Randin

Trakanon Raider
And apparently this is being done so that SE is better able to focus on developing Blockchain titles. So if you were hoping for some sort of silver lining on the SE side, well...

spronk

FPS noob
what an incredibly stupid sell off, $300m for a 1200 headcount dev team and a bunch of IPs that are proven value - Tomb Raider, Deus Ex - is just so incredibly dumb in a world where Microsoft and Sony are spending billions on buying old IPs.

all so they can take that money and pour it down the drain on scamming gamers with NFTs. jesus

not a surprise though, they let the Hitman team (IO) buy out the Hitman franchise for pennies and go off on their own, because it was simpler than dealing with another western dev. Its crazy japanese shareholders aren't demanding the entire board and leadership team be fired.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't they just announce a new tomb raider was in the works? Thought I saw that somewhere

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure if being stuck in limbo while SE does nothing with the IPs because recent entries didn't sell as much as some retarded bean counter's pipe dream said they would is better or worse than being sold off to Embracer...
How could being stuck in limbo be worse than being sold to Embracer?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If they trash the IPs by pumping out shitty mobile games I guess.

Maybe someone will someday make a mobile game that isn't shit.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If they trash the IPs by pumping out shitty mobile games I guess.

Maybe someone will someday make a mobile game that isn't shit.
1651512110159.jpeg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

How could being stuck in limbo be worse than being sold to Embracer?
For the same reason I'd rather have no new Saints Row than the Saints Row currently being made by Embracer - THQ/Volition.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
For the same reason I'd rather have no new Saints Row than the Saints Row currently being made under the Embracer umbrella.
You really think that shit has anything to do with Embracer? I guarantee you that garbage is pure Volition.

Vorph

You really think that shit has anything to do with Embracer? I guarantee you that garbage is pure Volition.
THQ, like Gearbox, was already terrible prior to being acquired, sure. But I've also seen nothing that suggests Embracer isn't a typical woke-infested Scandinavian company that will eventually spread the disease to everything they produce.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
THQ, like Gearbox, was already terrible prior to being acquired, sure. But I've also seen nothing that suggests Embracer isn't a typical woke-infested Scandinavian company that will eventually spread the disease to everything they produce.
You should be more concerned about Volition spreading the woke disease to Embracer.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe we'll finally get a new Deus Ex game. Also, a remaster for Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain... why that hasn't been done yet is beyond me. That was one of the first PS1 games I bought.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
It'll be interesting to see how the Marvel license will shake out with this. Be a bummer if the possibility of GotG2 is taken off the table because of this.

And yeah, bring back Legacy of Kain, cowards.

spronk

FPS noob
looks like SE is dumping all those assets because Sony is interested in buying them but I guess don't want that extra shit? Which is crazy, you'd think the Tomb Raider IP would be worth something

although its almost certainly poorly managed canadian companies that is fucking it up, even as shit as Avengers was it shoulda been able to pull a profit, but I suspect like Ubisoft the SE canadian teams (Montreal, Eidos) are bloated and full of people who should be fired to get the company down to a lean mean team. Probably Japanese managers were too scared of the alphabet people and saw this as an opportunity to dump them all lol

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sony and Marvel don't exactly get along all that well, so I can see them not wanting anything to do with those just for that reason alone.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
looks like SE is dumping all those assets because Sony is interested in buying them but I guess don't want that extra shit?
I seriously hope not. That would shatter the long-term hopes for FFXIV on Xbox.

Microsoft should buy Square-Enix and put Yoshi-P in charge of MMOs in general, and WoW in particular. That'd be hilarious: "Hello, I'm your new boss, Yoshi-P. Do you even play your own game?"

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Warcraft Mobile game announced today.

Looks like shit, I don't play mobile games anyway but some kind of weird micro transaction tower defense. lol.

• 1Double Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
AAA titles are dead. Everything is just going to be mobile garbage from now on.

• 1Tiresome