General Gaming News and Discussion

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some of you guys are fucking weird. Game has a male and female main chars in a series that always switches main chars between each games with a wide variety of backgrounds(so nothing like Tomb Raider, what a fucking terrible example), and it's the fucking end of the world because one of them has a vagina this time? You're ok playing a black gangster, a balding psychotic redneck, a eastern european immigrate or an italian mafia guy, but you draw the line at woman?

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 9 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Some of you guys are fucking weird. Game has a male and female main chars in a series that always switches main chars between each games with a wide variety of backgrounds(so nothing like Tomb Raider, what a fucking terrible example), and it's the fucking end of the world because one of them has a vagina this time? You're ok playing a black gangster, a balding psychotic redneck, a eastern european immigrate or an italian mafia guy, but you draw the line at woman?

Well, yeah.

sarcastic willy wonka GIF

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 5 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

no you idiot because its not just about it being a woman, its about them also adding that they wont do jokes about marginalized groups (marginalized how? Who decides? Theyve always joked about everyone but now certain jokes are taboo, as society is limiting free speech and elevating ethnicities, pathetic rockstar games is now clearly groveling before the wokeism and explicitly doing this to score goodness points from corporate masters. Also, acting as if a franchise NEEDS a female protagonist, as some in this thread were doing, is incredibly sexist and wrong. But keep pretending to not see the obvious.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
no you idiot because its not just about it being a woman, its about them also adding that they wont do jokes about marginalized groups (marginalized how? Who decides? Theyve always joked about everyone but now certain jokes are taboo, as society is limiting free speech and elevating ethnicities, pathetic rockstar games is now clearly groveling before the wokeism and explicitly doing this to score goodness points from corporate masters. Also, acting as if a franchise NEEDS a female protagonist, as some in this thread were doing, is incredibly sexist and wrong. But keep pretending to not see the obvious.
All I'm seeing is you bitching about Male Samus, not about the jokes stuff. This part is certainly questionnable but pretty much all the whining last page is about "don't want boobies in muh games" weird shit. And no one said it needs a female protagonist, point me to that. Mist said it's been "overdue", that's not the same as saying it needs one, just that it was obviously going to happen eventually and it's surprising it took this long especially with GTA5 having 3 main characters. That's one of the strength of GTA, the fact the main protagonists are vastly different from each other from game to game(well in terms of setting, gameplay is a different story) and having a female one was obviously going to be a thing sooner or later.

If you want to bitch at them making the game more politically correct then do that for sure, it's just weird how you(and a bunch of other ppl) got hang up on the fact you have to play a woman instead of the likely more important issue that the tone is going to change into some asceptic boring thing like a lot of games do nowadays.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I want a Laurence Croft: Tomb Raider game, the series is long overdue for a Male protagonist of colour. Get a English Black Actor to portray this tomb raiding fellow.

LONG

OVER

DUE
I wanted to say this last night, but about Horizons. Though, I felt like Mist wouldnt find my humor all that funny after our discussions in that thread about Aloy being fat.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
You guys can't even come up with good examples here. Lazy trolling.

In GTA, the protagonists change every entry in the series, and at least one of them has multiple protagonists. They carry no history from game to game. There is not a singular iconic character that appears in each entry in the series. It is not comparable to having a Lawrence Croft, Manloy or Samanus.

That said, Nathan Drake is absolutely Lawrence Croft.

• 3Like
  • 2Moron
Reactions: 4 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I would have thought Indiana Jones was the equivalent of Lara Croft, or was it the other way around?

• 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
nah, Indiana Jones was first.
We're talking about in the context of video games dude. There's no acclaimed series of third person action/exploration games staring Indiana Jones, I'm pretty sure the only good Indiana Jones game was a Lucasarts point and click adventure.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
All I'm seeing is you bitching about Male Samus,

that's just the cherry on top and it's just indicitive of all of the changes, getting rid of overtime and og leadership and making things a mirror of some seattle hippie group is gonna make it a bland milquetoast product, this is what feminism in gaming does it takes all the individual creativity and crushes it under bureaucracy of the most mediocre people you know who use sjw claptrap to justify shittying up the production line. then people like you come around going "so what you're saying is..."

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
We're talking about in the context of video games dude. There's no acclaimed series of third person action/exploration games staring Indiana Jones, I'm pretty sure the only good Indiana Jones game was a Lucasarts point and click adventure.

there was a rule about it having to be third person action games series with the protagonist BEFORE the movie(s)? uh, sure.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont think anyone gives a fuck that the story is based around Bonnie and Clyde and that Bonnie is a playable character. But it does send up a soft alert when the lead is pointing out the fact that she is playable in the first place. "Hey girls! We're designing this with you in mind too!"

With as much shit that has been garbage inclusivity / diversity projects in the last 5 years - I would think it would be easy to understand the average player's concern.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Fate of Atlantis was awesome.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
its not female character, its that every new game seems designed by hipster retards with walmart generic NPCs who are vaguely ethnic with no real defining characteristics other than they look like retards.

Mafia 3 is a GREAT game, Lincoln Clay is a big black motherfucker who is scary as shit, has a definite POV, deals with extreme racism, and is fun to play (whether it really belongs in a mafia game which was about italian gangsters before is a different discussion). Saints Row 2 is really fun and has goofy violent psycho characters. The new Saints Row coming out in 2 months is just hipster pastiche mediocrity, best described by this black youtuber

All the stuff the GTA devs are saying are exactly the things the Saints Row, KOTOR reboot, Anthem, Mass Effect Andromeda, Last Of Us 2, etc devs said during development. "We won't punch down, we value diversity, we want to represent everyone, blah blah blah" which translates into a boring, design-by-committee, everything-controversial-removed Ubisoft style game. The only ones not doing that now are Japanese and Eastern European devs.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

I wasn't convinced you had a good argument until you accurately pointed out how "some of you guys" think a female protagonist would be "the fucking end of the world because one of them has a vagina."

A lot of people on the forums exaggerate, so it's great to just see a very basic, reality based argument that finally addresses some of the "you guys" on the forums. Sure, individuals can be quoted and replied to directly, but it's high time someone took the nebulous collective to task.

One thing, though. Is it possible people don't care so much if Rockstar happened to have a great story that just happened to have a female protagonist, but more that they seem to be doing it for social activism reasons? And censoring themselves for the same reasons in a game that has historically been loved for it's lack of self-censorship. Is it possible that, not the existence of a character with (presumably) a vagina.

Is it even possible people were more reacting to Mist's attitude that a female protagonist was deserved or expected for reasons outside of whether they just had a great story ready that happened to be a character who had a vagina.

I mean, I support classifying everyone and especially reducing women to the existence of their genitalia.... just wonder if there are possibly more reasons than just hating vaginas that some of the "you guys" you so deftly call out were not impressed by Mist's declaration the series is due for a woman protagonist.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I've never played a GTA game, and I look forward to continuing this tradition as the franchise wokeifies itself.

Godspeed, faggots!

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I dont think anyone gives a fuck that the story is based around Bonnie and Clyde and that Bonnie is a playable character. But it does send up a soft alert when the lead is pointing out the fact that she is playable in the first place. "Hey girls! We're designing this with you in mind too!"

With as much shit that has been garbage inclusivity / diversity projects in the last 5 years - I would think it would be easy to understand the average player's concern.

Exactly. Bonnie and Clyde would be awesome. But early signs are they'll fuck it up because they're already virtue signalling and pandering. And trends have been that leads to poor games (and poor everything else, including poor societies).

Always laugh at how the new stance of cucks to feminism is to claim others hate or fear vaginas as the simps patronize women and reducing them to their genitalia.

Lead us to the progressive eutopia, oh great and ironic sexists and racists!

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users