General Gaming News and Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It'll probably be a pretty solid game. The actual story of the guy is compelling enough and he ended up being one of Nobunaga Oda's top guys. I think he was there when Oda died even. So the story is there (and it's an actual great story that they don't need to embellish or make shit up for the current era), they just need to make a good game.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This dude was basicially a slave and the social justice wokesters are cumming at the idea of a game that they will never buy.
Considering how racist Japanese society is and was and that Oda Nobunaga was by far the most ruthless warlord in the entire warring states period of Japan...

Yeah Oda totally respected this dude as a brother. Right.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 7 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can just see the scene now of Oda's famous suicide at the temple

Oda: "Yasuke, we're cornered, please help me commit seppuku"

Yakuke: "shiiiet Wakandan i don't know nuttin about dem numbers on sudoku"

• 1Faggotry
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I can just see the scene now of Oda's famous suicide at the temple

Oda: "Yasuke, we're cornered, please help me commit seppuku"

Yakuke: "shiiiet Wakandan i don't know nuttin about dem numbers on sudoku"

Probably more like "sheeeit y'all chinks is crazy, I ain't doin dat."

*proceeds to loot Nobunaga's shoes and run off*

• 3Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Considering how racist Japanese society is and was and that Oda Nobunaga was by far the most ruthless warlord in the entire warring states period of Japan...

Yasuke was really big and formidable so Nobunaga respected him enough, plus he'd been through Africa and India so he had all kinds of stories from those places that actually regaled Nobunaga since he couldn't get out much. I think Nobu bought him off of his previous manager/owner? and gave him a room and a stipend to fight for him. At the very least he was present when Nobunaga made his last stand.

Who knows what's been embellished, but the story as it's told would make a good game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider

I know it's not totally related, but that makes me think of Tokyo Joe; a Japanese man that was accepted into the Italian Mob's Chicago Family. Long story short, he climbed the mob ranks which was unheard of for a non-Italian but once the higher-ups that he was close to passed away.. they tried to put a hit out on him; he gets shot in the head and survives.. then basically had the greatest snitch takedown in the history of organized crime.

I don't think its too exaggerated that Oda would respect him, but everybody else? probably not.. in ways there were probably people who doubted Oda because of it; despite the logic of skills. That sounds more like human nature of things than anything else.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The part about UE5 makes that seem a bit dubious. I don't believe Bethesda is content to keep using their shitty engine for decades themselves, they'll want anyone else using their IPs to suffer as well.

Oblivion sucked anyway. If this is true it should've been Morrowind.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
  • 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just throw the buttons on the floor and you can have your very own Tuco Tuco setup.

I'm actually tempted to buy that. Normally I'd say that numkeyless is for degenerates, but I need a smaller one for my XSX/PS5 KVM switch. Lack of backlight is probably a deal-breaker though.

• 2Worf

bolok

Trakanon Raider
The jolly candy-like button!

Not a terrible price. Especially for swappable switches.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looks like 2024 GOTY has already been decided.

• 4WTF
  • 2Picard
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

i assume it'd be a gamepass game

That'd be amazing if true, I still haven't played Oblivion or Morrowind. Weird that they'd remake Oblivion first out of the two though. Three even, Skyrim could use that level of update as well.

I guess it'd be XBox-only though huh? Damn. Well, if XBox gets Oblivion and Morrowind remakes that'd be a system-seller for me. Assuming I still haven't played either by then.

Heian

Molten Core Raider

i assume it'd be a gamepass game
Don't get too much hope. It's the same studio that made the Dark Soul 1 HD port. I mean not sure the game look better than using the dsfix and mods.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Don't get too much hope. It's the same studio that made the Dark Soul 1 HD port. I mean not sure the game look better than using the dsfix and mods.

I liked this comment but also have to say, Ubisoft hasn't done jack shit in 10+ years so maybe stop throwing stones from your glass house.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Good point. I'm probably better off just playing Morrowind and Oblivion on PC with mods rather than buying a gorram new system for them in five years or something.

• 1Like