General Gaming News and Discussion

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In a game where this dude exist you recommend the black dude play Heihachi!?

Get Some Martial Arts GIF by BANDAI NAMCO
Haha, fair enough. My Tekken playing is about as outdated as my MMO playing, and Brahma doesn't really seem like the Eddy type:
1697394772071.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
i wonder what that things gonna go for, looks sleek
i want their handheld real bad but theyre always out of stock lol

bolok

Trakanon Raider
i wonder what that things gonna go for, looks sleek
i want their handheld real bad but theyre always out of stock lol
I have many questions about it. Built in ram pack? Almost needs to be a newer bigger chip too. I'd guess around $400. But no idea honestly.

I'm on the waiting for stock and funds merry-go-round for the Pocket too.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Dumb question. With MS buying Blizzard, will they put WoW on Game Pass? How will that work for the monthly sub, or will they just leave it alone.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
isn't retail wow just a handful of whales left who spend thousands on microtransaction pets and mounts and shit? The sub revenue is irrelevant, can easily see them putting retail on Game Pass for the hope of catching more whales.

the launch of WoW Classic more than doubled the number of subscribers and of 2 versions Classic Era has no microtransactions at all and WOTLK classic has extremely limited, only game time tokens and services like name change/server xfer/etc. I don't see any value add by putting classic on game pass.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Dumb question. With MS buying Blizzard, will they put WoW on Game Pass? How will that work for the monthly sub, or will they just leave it alone.

I'm not expecting them to do anything like this. The more realistic move IMO would be to make your WoW or ESO sub give you access to both games, an MMO Pass of sorts. Toss in some other perks or something, the way an authenticator unlocks more bag slots in WoW.

It would give people who like their MMO treadmills alternatives to continue subscribing (or motivate them to renew for periods of time - I typically pay every 6 months for 1-3 accounts).

Not sure how much revenue both bring in and if the numbers make sense for something like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As far as WoW goes, I think it's safe to assume they'll do the same thing they did with ESO. Which is to say, basically fuck-all--they give you the base game and a 10% discount off the MTX shop.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or a discount to the sub price if you have game pass already. Or, buy 6 months of WoW and get game pass for free. As I dont see WoW ever getting up out of its slump at this point. As much as people tried to brag about DF - it just couldnt retain players worth a flying fuck.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fuck that, I want my enterprise agreement to come packaged with free loot every raid tier, and a cash back system where Azure spend gives wow tokens.

Oh and a free pet version of Clippy which is an AH, bank, mailbox and vendor.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I want to cash in my WoW gold for Blizzard bucks that can convert to Microsoft credit so I can buy Xbox games.

• 1Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
They should look at the amount of overlap between current Game Pass subscribers and WoW subscribers. If there isn't much, it's a no brainer imo to just bundle WoW into PC Game Pass and Ultimate. They didn't buy Activision Blizz to maximize WoW proceeds. They bought it to increase Game Pass sub numbers.

Straight bundling it in decreases the frequency WoW players unsub. Wow sub numbers are going to continue to fade away anyways, why wouldn't they try to get as many of those players into game pass while they can?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m glad to see Sony didn’t release a buggy game like Starfield

1697769724557.jpeg

Looking like Skibidi Toilet over here

1697768688016.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users