General Gaming News and Discussion

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand what's going on here? Is this two different things? What's the relation between Discovery and Ubisoft?
The only relation is that one was in the comment thread of the other. Well, that and two different giant gaming companies basically stealing rightfully purchased content from their customers. The lack of respect that tech companies (maybe all companies?) have for their customers is just continually astounding to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only relation is that one was in the comment thread of the other. Well, that and two different giant gaming companies basically stealing rightfully purchased content from their customers. The lack of respect that tech companies (maybe all companies?) have for their customers is just continually astounding to me.
Does it have anything to do with the licenses being bought from third party companies? I know I bought a fuck ton of shit for Total War Warhammer 2 through some shady ass website and sometime over last summer, Steam purged like half that shit. I only spent like 30 bucks for all of it, and still retain at minimum, the same amount in addons. But losing Tomb Kings was a punch in the dick when I wanted to play again.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does it have anything to do with the licenses being bought from third party companies? I know I bought a fuck ton of shit for Total War Warhammer 2 through some shady ass website and sometime over last summer, Steam purged like half that shit. I only spent like 30 bucks for all of it, and still retain at minimum, the same amount in addons. But losing Tomb Kings was a punch in the dick when I wanted to play again.
No idea, but it didn't sound like it. Steam is one of the few companies that I give the benefit of the doubt to, but even so, if they let you redeem something on their platform and then remove it, I'd be pissed.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You can find Tomb Kings on certain sites if you still want it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No idea, but it didn't sound like it. Steam is one of the few companies that I give the benefit of the doubt to, but even so, if they let you redeem something on their platform and then remove it, I'd be pissed.
The game publishers can "recall" keys that they identified to have been obtained in illegal ways and Steam is forced to remove access to the games in these cases. Hasn't happened very often though and it's almost always G2A keys or similar sources.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Maybe because we're no longer buying or owning any games or software, only paying for access to it that can be revoked at any time. Gonna be a rude awakening when people realize the same thing occurs with things like the software required to operate the car you "own." Sure, pisses me off too, but shouldn't be surprising or confusing to anyone at this point.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What you guys don't like globalism? The paradox of things being both local and global issues to solve sure is fucking sweet.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is why I’ve been collecting old hardcopy shit I never played for the SNES/genesis era and beyond like some sort of border. I tripled my SNES collection this year.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just maybe your five minutes of interaction with him at a public event didn't allow you to grasp the entirety of his moral character...

It goes beyond that, he's someone who was celebrated as a "good one" in an era where a lot of youtubers ended up having controversies or turned out to be assholes. Everyone who met him had a high opinion of him.

IMG_20231203_165750.jpg

Also this cameo in Sea of Stars is going to age really

Really

Poorly

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It goes beyond that, he's someone who was celebrated as a "good one" in an era where a lot of youtubers ended up having controversies or turned out to be assholes. Everyone who met him had a high opinion of him.

Also this cameo in Sea of Stars is going to age really

Really

Poorly

You sound like a guy who thinks strippers really are into him

• 4Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
French connection was edited thanks to Disney and my copy on Vudu also got edited.

Pissed me off so bad I bought it on Blu Ray.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The high seas have every incremental edition of whatever you want. Just saying....

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The high seas have every incremental edition of whatever you want. Just saying....
The despecialized editions of Star Wars. Arrrrgh.

It’s a great place to get kids content as well since even fucking transformers and Sesame Street have damn pronouns and drag queens now.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
This is why I’ve been collecting old hardcopy shit I never played for the SNES/genesis era and beyond like some sort of border. I tripled my SNES collection this year.
Mad respect. I (stupidly) got rid of part of my physical game collection a bit over a decade ago (nintendo 64, super Nintendo). I ended up modding the mini super Nintendo and never cared enough about the 64 catalog to replace it. I also bought a Dev kit for a series S to run retroarch on.

• 1Solidarity