General Gaming News and Discussion

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Mad respect. I (stupidly) got rid of part of my physical game collection a bit over a decade ago (nintendo 64, super Nintendo). I ended up modding the mini super Nintendo and never cared enough about the 64 catalog to replace it. I also bought a Dev kit for a series S to run retroarch on.
I also put together a retropie. I have it attached to a CRT. I’ve got a few snes’ that I’ve repaired and one more to fix. I’m very concerned my CRT will die eventually. Those are impossible to find now. Good ones anyway.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Roommates shitting on your bed happens in college. I think there's even been a few threads about it here. College experiences don't generalize (which is also why the social sciences are shit, since they mostly study college students going through the weirdest part of their lives.)
They didn't used to for that very reason; samples have to be representative of the populations you are trying to study. If you mostly poll college students, you are only going to know things about a middle/upper SES with no income of its own ages 18-22 that skews radically Left in 2023.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's a reminder that, in the age of digital feudal corporations lords, you will own nothing and rent everything.

I bought Blazing Saddles and a bunch of other classic movies with "problematic language" in recent times. They might be flying under the radar now but fast forward a few years and they're the stupid controversies of 2030.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
this is what your media collection of every single good movie, TV show, and video game ROM file should look like

552582_IMG_1197.jpeg

i just mirrored my entire 100TB server to a new synology server im giving to my brother for xmas, over 500 TV shows and 3000 movies. I know stuff like stremio is making your own streaming service more accessible but nothing really beats a big ass NAS server and plex or jellyfin on top as the UI.

a small 4 bay synology/qnap is extremely tiny, like two shoeboxes, very portable, and you can raid5 it too for some level of redundancy.

• 7Mother of God
  • 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 12 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
a small 4 bay synology/qnap is extremely tiny, like two shoeboxes, very portable, and you can raid5 it too for some level of redundancy.
I'd avoid the proprietary stuff and just build one. You can find fairly cheap cases with 8 bays and an ITX mobo tray, and right now the sweet spot for refurb drives is 10TB so with a TrueNAS using RAID-Z3 (or Unraid if you prefer) setup you're looking at 60TB, minus overhead and not going over the recommended 80% capacity on ZFS. Z3 lets you lose up to 2 drives before the shit really hits the fan, which is not as uncommon as you might think.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
No idea, but it didn't sound like it. Steam is one of the few companies that I give the benefit of the doubt to, but even so, if they let you redeem something on their platform and then remove it, I'd be pissed.

Steam has precidence here doing the RIGHT thing in this situation.

Square-Enix wanted Steam to remove The Last Remnant (which isn't even that great of a game, though the PC version is 100 times better than the console version) after it being live on the store for just a short time, because of licensing reasons as well. Steam stopped selling it, but anyone that bought it during that time always had it in their steam library.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/23310/The_Last_Remnant/

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When Lego Hobbit got pulled from all digital distribution I wanna say Steam didn't just let people keep their existing copies, they gave it away for free to anyone who claimed it until the removal date.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So they gave the best performance in a video game to the dude no one wanted in their BG3 party, cool cool.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
India cooking game?

End Game boss is the bathroom

• 3Worf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Man, seeing Herald of Darkness just makes me sad for Lance Reddick. Wager that role was supposed to be his in Alan Wake.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So are they gonna show Elden Ring DLC or what?

Modern From hasn't missed a single Game Awards in terms of huge announcements/trailers, besides 2019 because ER was too far away to show off yet.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
So are they gonna show Elden Ring DLC or what?

Modern From hasn't missed a single Game Awards in terms of huge announcements/trailers, besides 2019 because ER was too far away to show off yet.

If they do it will be at the very end of the show.