General Gaming News and Discussion

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Are they a good studio? All I see is PlayStation exclusive bullshit and after getting a computer, I rarely touched a console again (outside of 1000+ hours of Goldeneye with friends).

Also, tried to skim through the Wolverine vertical slice game footage (it added 100 downloads in ~10 minutes):
I mean, they're owned by Sony, so yeah, the exclusivity thing is going to happen. Although, Sony has started releasing games on Steam as well, just after a period of PS exclusivity. And yes, good-ass studio; the first Spider-Man game (and I think Miles Morales) is on Steam, and should definitely be picked up.

Looked at some of the Wolverine stuff last night, and while it's obviously unfinished and work-in-progress, it looked good for where it was. Combat's obviously built off of the Spider-Man engine, but it looks like they're going for a tighter camera angle like the modern GoW games. Also had some animations for disarming enemies and fighting with their weapons. Looks like they're also going to continue the Spider-Man tradition of having sequences where you don't control Wolverine, although I expect they'll be better received than the MJ missions:

There's brief footage of Jean Grey gameplay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I dont get the hype for the Spiderman games, I tried the first one and it was really boring to me.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont get the hype for the Spiderman games, I tried the first one and it was really boring to me.
I assumed it was like the first Batman Arkham games (played the first 2), which I liked well enough for the story, the classic characters, and the stealth gameplay. Although, I skipped the side quest/collection/busy work (whatever format that shit took), and it still started to get a bit stale by the end of the story.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Are they a good studio? All I see is PlayStation exclusive bullshit and after getting a computer, I rarely touched a console again (outside of 1000+ hours of Goldeneye with friends).

Also, tried to skim through the Wolverine vertical slice game footage (it added 100 downloads in ~10 minutes):
View attachment 504873

I am disappoint. Bluepoints leak of the concept art for their supposed next game. Was really hoping they were working on Bloodborne as Sony owns that.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick is stepping down officially December 29th. Microsoft has not appointed a direct replacement and instead has rolled the suite of Activision Blizzard executives — including Blizzard president Mike Ybarra, Activision publishing president Rob Kostich, and Activision Blizzard vice chair Thomas Tippl — under Microsoft’s game content and studios president Matt Booty.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man last name I would totally change. Or maybe not, total immunity from sexual harassment suits?

"Hi Matt, sit down we want to discuss some distressing rumors of language you've been using in the office around female staff."

"OK shoot."

"Well, Mr." *looks down* "Booty..." "You know what I think we're all set right now thanks for coming down".

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I had never heard of Exodos. Has anyone here messed around with it? Could be fun to play some old DOS games.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Is that the one that keeps getting advertised on Youtube? Some kind of RPG shooter thing?
I've been looking at retro handhelds and I saw a bit about it pop up on my feed. It's basically a collection of like 7000 DOS games with an emulator. I guess they also sell some kind of physical product as well.

eXoDOS

eXoDOS is an attempt to catalog, obtain, and make playable every game developed for the DOS and PC Booter platform. We strive to find original media rather than using scene rips or hacks. This collection uses DOSBox to allow these older games to play on modern systems. Games supported by ScummVM give the user a choice between emulators. All required emulators are included and have been setup to run all included titles with no prior knowledge or experience required on the user's part.

This pack includes 7,633 DOS games. The focus is on games that were either released in English or are fairly easy to play without a knowledge of the native language. This is not every DOS game ever made, however it is a very high percentage of all commercial releases. There are thousands of freeware, homebrew, and shareware games that will continue to be added in future packs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Are there any good (for the lack of a better term) online looter shooters out there?

Destiny 2 = can't afford?
Division 1/2 = deadish?

Was that it? lol

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Destiny 2 was free on Epic store last week.
Yea, kinda joking as I had it already from Blizz I just didn't like it at all, but I believe everyone was going apeshit over DLC prices or whatever scam they had running recently