General Gaming News and Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I would take a fucking robo voice with no emotion or acting at all over no voice so I dont have to sit there and read reams and reams of dialogue and other writing in some RPG games.
Right, I agree with this. Narrating indie RPGs is a good use for even mediocre AI software.

But you know some shithead at EA is thinking they can built 5 more Mass Effect games without paying any actors.
You basically pay a few bucks and it takes your text to pirate speech on his stream.
This is just simping for AI pirates.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
We are entering a world transitioning from biological garbage to gAI garbage.
Ftfy.

What we have now is not immersive the overwhelming majority of the time anyways. This isn't something I mourn the loss of. Driving cars or flying planes with hands on the wheel/stick? I'll mourn the loss of that. Losing half-assed VOs where 300 different NPCs have the same woman's voice? Nope. Bye. Not sad.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Delayed until September boo.
Steam coming off the back side of the cup, not from within, in a trailer for the game. Insignificant, but a clue to the state of the rest of the game. I'd still play it though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Steam coming off the back side of the cup, not from within, in a trailer for the game. Insignificant, but a clue to the state of the rest of the game. I'd still play it though.
Here's a better clue to the state of the rest of the game: the devs are Nazi propagandists/profiteers (not the anyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi brand of Nazi, literal Banderan Neo-Nazis) who have probably spent the last two years focused mainly on laundering stolen foreign aid.

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Here's a better clue to the state of the rest of the game: the devs are Nazi propagandists/profiteers (not the anyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi brand of Nazi, literal Banderan Neo-Nazis) who have probably spent the last two years focused mainly on laundering stolen foreign aid.
I was already going to buy the game, you don't have to sell me on it.

• 13Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 15 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was already going to buy the game, you don't have to sell me on it.
I'm gonna assume this is part of the noticing that's taken root on this forum but any Banderan hohol organizations are inevitably founded by, funded by, or in some way answer to Jews so these aren't the Nazis you're looking for. With their 'Its spelled Chornobyl now because that E was Russian Patriarchal Imperialism!' shit they would fit in pretty well with the shitlib side of our domestic culture war.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

I'm gonna assume this is part of the noticing that's taken root on this forum but any Banderan hohol organizations are inevitably founded by, funded by, or in some way answer to Jews so these aren't the Nazis you're looking for. With their 'Its spelled Chornobyl now because that E was Russian Patriarchal Imperialism!' shit they would fit in pretty well with the shitlib side of our domestic culture war.
I mean, we spell it color, armor, etc. and drive on the right side of the road just as a fuck you to Britain.

anyway, not sure on the actual specifics, Gavinmad seems to have actually followed them closely?
GSC game world are Ukrainian.
On June 14, 2022, GSC stated in a development diary that the development continues despite some of the team fleeing their homes or joining the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
they moved to Prague apparently. one dev was killed in action.

• 1Worf

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The best time to play a Stalker game is a year or two after release, when all the mods have fixed it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gavinmad seems to have actually followed them closely?
No I was gonna call out what I thought was a typo in the video title until I noticed that stupid as fuck "Chornobyl" spelling was in the video graphic as well and I realized it had to be more of that stupid 'Oh its Kyiv now, not Kiev' bullshit.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Holy fuck they did change the spelling o_O

Caliane

i mean, you were calling them nazi's. presumably from some actual relation to ukraines nazi shit? or just becuase they are ukrainian?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i mean, you were calling them nazi's. presumably from some actual relation to ukraines nazi shit? or just becuase they are ukrainian?
Damn near every single man anywhere in the 'of fighting age' demographic fled the country at the beginning of the operation because even if they are messed up in the head enough to genuinely hate Russians (which they themselves basically are and didnt really deny until after the US backed Nazi take-over of the country, they aren't gonna fight the fuckin Russian army to keep the Nazis comfortably in power in Kiev. Volunteering to fight? Yeah I'm confident if I dug long enough (which I'm sure as shit not going to do) I could find a picture of the dead dude rocking out a Totenkopf or a Black Sun patch.

• 1Like
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
At this point who isn't a Nazi. By the logic being presented here, some Ukrainians being Nazis mean they all are, doesn't that mean we all here at FoH are Nazis because some of us are?

And the real question is, will the game be any good?

• 1Picard

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
shit, I meant to post that yesterday.

Gaming companies are the ones leading the charge on the "you will own nothing and be happy" conspiracy.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Get comfortable not owning your games bitches.

I mean, the guy isn't wrong. Unless you are buying physical copies of games, you don't really own them. Like, if Steam shuts down for some reason, all your games are gone. Most have already abandoned music in CD's and movies on DVD. If those services you bought them on end, they are gone.

• 1Like