General Gaming News and Discussion

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the new Avatar numbers are totally sus. I also don't know anyone who went to go see it. Not friends, not family, not friends with families.....no one. Also everyone I know that's seen it streamed has said it was ok, but nothing great. I haven't seen it myself yet.

Now compare that to like when the Harry Potter movies came out, and you had people literally waiting around the block for hours to see the movies. Or even original Star Wars back in the day. How about the fact I know tons of people who paid to watch Harry Potter, LOTR, Star Wars movies etc....but not a single one that paid for the new Avatar movie.

Yet....3rd highest grossing of all time? It just doesn't compute. Even saying the international money made up a large chunk of it, the domestic take was still big. I wonder how much is whatever organizations are buying up all the tickets pre-sale to bolster the movie. I guess I'll never know. But I'm never going to believe the movie was that popular when I literally don't know anyone that paid to go see it when it was in theaters, especially now post-Covid when people go to movies less anyways.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What isn't a conspiracy to people nowadays? Jesus Christ. "Lived experiences" trumps facts.

Yes, all these mysterious shady organizations buying hundreds of millions of dollars of digital tickets to further their goals of furry blue people acceptance, all without any evidence. And worldwide, no less. I mean, how much would you have to take away to find it not suspicious? Half billion, billion, more? Just imagine the scale to fake that. No one you know watched it so it probably made zero dollars and it's all just a big psyop. It's not like that James Cameron guy has ever done anything successful before.

Avatar 2 benefited greatly from premium screens and modern prices. It sold way less tickets than something like Star wars, for example.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
  • 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
What isn't a conspiracy to people nowadays? Jesus Christ. "Lived experiences" trumps facts.

Yes, all these mysterious shady organizations buying hundreds of millions of dollars of digital tickets to further their goals of furry blue people acceptance, all without any evidence. And worldwide, no less. I mean, how much would you have to take away to find it not suspicious? Half billion, billion, more? Just imagine the scale to fake that. No one you know watched it so it probably made zero dollars and it's all just a big psyop. It's not like that James Cameron guy has ever done anything successful before.

Avatar 2 benefited greatly from premium screens and modern prices. It sold way less tickets than something like Star wars, for example.

As opposed to what? MSM telling me it's the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time? I never saw any of the Harry Potter movies in the theaters, but I know a lot of people who did. If I knew of people who saw new Avatar, then yes, I can imagine it being a big deal. I literally don't know anyone.

I just don't trust media, like at all. Let's look at another "lived experience" trumps facts. Covid. MSM telling us how dangerous it was, wear masks, get vaccinated, people dying in droves. Yet.....I'm literally ground zero for it, and other than really old people, or people with multiple medical problems, I didn't see anyone dying from it.

So pretty much whatever news I see nowadays, I'm just going to start with the assumption the opposite is true.

• 2Solidarity

DickTrickle

As opposed to what? MSM telling me it's the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time? I never saw any of the Harry Potter movies in the theaters, but I know a lot of people who did. If I knew of people who saw new Avatar, then yes, I can imagine it being a big deal. I literally don't know anyone.

I just don't trust media, like at all. Let's look at another "lived experience" trumps facts. Covid. MSM telling us how dangerous it was, wear masks, get vaccinated, people dying in droves. Yet.....I'm literally ground zero for it, and other than really old people, or people with multiple medical problems, I didn't see anyone dying from it.

So pretty much whatever news I see nowadays, I'm just going to start with the assumption the opposite is true.
I'm sure none of the theater operators cared about the zero concessions this fake movie brought in. Then again, I guess all the theater owners are probably in on the hoax too.

You should get amod to ban all the paid shills on this forum who claimed they watched it (Avatar 2 (2020)). Multiple of your FOH Bros, probably some you have even talked to before and maybe even liked, are part of the conspiracy. Traitors, all.

• 2Worf

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Let's not be crazy now. Next you'll be telling us that the NYT Best Sellers lists are rigged.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I watched avatar 2 in the theatre. Conspiracy debunked.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Saw a lot of doctors saying how dangerous covid was, so do you not believe yourself?

"Because covid!!" is a pretty retarded reason to believe ridiculous nonsense. What does MSM gain out of lying about this one movie and only this one movie?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Also, people being too dumb to understand how inflation, 3d, and Imax affect the numbers. Going by "tickets sold" Avatar 2 wouldn't even crack the top 50.

I'm sure it's actually a huge conspiracy to make a movie be the 50th most popular. (Because of covid, obviously)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Whoever said there was a conspiracy? Some of you faggots really need to get off the internet for awhile.

Maybe some people were just commenting on how it was weird that they didn’t know anyone who had seen the movie, and some discussion ensued.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This thread has been fire recently. Of the dumpster variety. Not complaining. It's been pretty awesome.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Saw a lot of doctors saying how dangerous covid was, so do you not believe yourself?

"Because covid!!" is a pretty retarded reason to believe ridiculous nonsense. What does MSM gain out of lying about this one movie and only this one movie?
That's a pretty wild take considering nearly every movie put out with the right message is wildly popular with the press and "yas queen" articles while sitting at an 8% audience score. Shilling what they're told to is how access press works and of course part of that is spinning the boldest claims you can tenuously justify.

Also look up Quota Quickies where Hollywood made cheap B films and held showings with no ticket sales to get around regulations.

It's not a conspiracy to believe numbers are not genuine and they don't care about lies they can get away with, thems just the facts.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's a pretty wild take considering nearly every movie put out with the right message is wildly popular with the press and "yas queen" articles while sitting at an 8% audience score. Shilling what they're told to is how access press works and of course part of that is spinning the boldest claims you can tenuously justify.

Also look up Quota Quickies where Hollywood made cheap B films and held showings with no ticket sales to get around regulations.

It's not a conspiracy to believe numbers are not genuine and they don't care about lies they can get away with, thems just the facts.

That's a pretty dumb take since most of the movies "with the right message" have been bombing hard.

DickTrickle

Whoever said there was a conspiracy? Some of you faggots really need to get off the internet for awhile.
Literally the person that was being responded to.

"I wonder how much is whatever organizations are buying up all the tickets pre-sale to bolster the movie. I guess I'll never know. But I'm never going to believe the movie was that popular"

So, in this scenario, there's some mysterious organization buying up tickets to give a false sense of the popularity and success of the film for the purpose of deceiving others. How is that NOT a conspiracy? And then in response the poster continued to assert that he didn't think the numbers were real. If they were fake, then, again, how is there NOT a conspiracy involved as it's clearly not the widely believed understanding? He wasn't insinuating it happened by accident.

But yes, I agree, that dude should get off the internet for a while.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Literally the person that was being responded to.

"I wonder how much is whatever organizations are buying up all the tickets pre-sale to bolster the movie. I guess I'll never know. But I'm never going to believe the movie was that popular"

So, in this scenario, there's some mysterious organization buying up tickets to give a false sense of the popularity and success of the film for the purpose of deceiving others. How is that NOT a conspiracy? And then in response the poster continued to assert that he didn't think the numbers were real. If they were fake, then, again, how is there NOT a conspiracy involved as it's clearly not the widely believed understanding? He wasn't insinuating it happened by accident.

But yes, I agree, that dude should get off the internet for a while.

Hasn’t that been a proven behavior in the past? Captain Marvel comes to mind.

DickTrickle

Hasn’t that been a proven behavior in the past? Captain Marvel comes to mind.
No, it hasn't. There's been a conspiracy floated about the film because, once again, no one can believe how it's not possible because no one I knew saw that movie and it was so bad and such a woke fest. Literally more proof the moon landing was fake than the box office was manipulated for Captain Marvel. Then again, when it comes to an outrage target like Captain Marvel, the burden of proof becomes remarkably low, like showing a picture of an empty theater and claiming it's opening night.

The same shit was tried to imply that Sound of Freedom's success was all puffed up and it was just as bogus (but at least there were some novel parts of the way it was promoted/marketed that at least gives pause as there was a small percentage of tickets that were bought by groups to give to others).

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Literally everything is fake and gay, so that gives many people pause. Everyone is full of shit.

That said I don’t give a shit about avatar, I’m just irritated at how often the “muh conspiracy” card gets played. Nothing is out of bounds and unworthy of skepticism and I resent people trying to hand wave things with communist tactics.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users