General Gaming News and Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not for whatever they would have put out.

Mankind Divided was not deus ex and I stopped playing shortly after the intro level.
I didn't finish it, but it wasn't bad. If anything, it was too Deus Ex, in that it had like 5000 vents to crawl in.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sadge is just some internet slang for sad. No idea why people don’t just type sad.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Too much wholesale copying then BLM rhetoric and replacing BLM with augs.
1706563906178.png

Also, aren't augs mostly war veterans? So, nothing like BLM lol.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not for whatever they would have put out.

Mankind Divided was not deus ex and I stopped playing shortly after the intro level. They basically took the BLM retardation of the time and replaced BLM with augs.
Too much wholesale copying then BLM rhetoric and replacing BLM with augs.
Well that's a retarded and revisionist take. The game was in development so goddamn long that most of that writing predated the emergence of BLM into the mainstream and the series always heavily featured social inequality as a major part of the setting. Over fifty million people died when that dude at the end of Human Revolution used that chip to send almost every aug in the world into a psychotic rage, how could Mankind Divided possibly not feature the social ramifications of that incident?

MD's semi-flopping was largely due to Square-Enix's tone deaf attempts to squeeze as much monetization into it as possible, not because "it was not Deus Ex".

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I cant remember which streamer did a special on it. I want to say it was "moon" with his doomer type shit on youtube. But that Deus Ex was doomed before it ever even started. I just cant remember the specific cause and want to say that the authors/writers were trying to make it more "diverse" and thats why everyone got bent out of shape about it. Regardless - its fucking dead Jim.

spronk

FPS noob

getting great reviews, out in a few days and will be on gamepass too

i'm just a little gunshy if there will be yet another "complete" or royal version, never played persona 3 and just wanna play it once

Needless

Toe Sucker
This should be the "royal" version, its basically P3 with P5R mechanics and QOL changes added to it to help make it less tedious from what i've seen

game looks amazing but im too retarded to not use a confidant guide to max shit as soon as possible and not miss anything with Persona games so ill probably wait a bit lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

i'm just a little gunshy if there will be yet another "complete" or royal version, never played persona 3 and just wanna play it once
people who enjoy persona games are weird

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
There technically is more content for Persona 3, but Atlus hasnt seemed too keen on remastering it. In the PSP version, they added a female main character which changed the way a lot of the social links and dialogue played out and the entire FES epilogue/expansion content, so there could be a bigger version one day that tries to tempt you to double dip, although it feels kinda unlikely (but id love to be wrong). Seems weird to remaster only the base game and not everything.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah thats what i remember reading about, some version of p3 had a new protag that changed the game and its not in reloaded. but it does seem like atlus is more interested in the next persona than constantly remastering, but i also won't buy the next persona at launch because i know persona 6 royal would come down the road in 2 years

anyways, not sure how you run the call of duty and overwatch esports with 12 people lol

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Kind of rustled that this remake still has the characters all shooting themselves in the head to cast spells and do special attacks. So you watch them shoot themselves in the head 5-10 times per battle. It gets real old and it kinda sucks to look at for people who have lost friends to suicide.

This is the one time where I wish a developer actually would have changed something in a game to be less offensive, and they left it in. Even before I knew anyone who killed themselves, I found P3's self-harm theme to be cringey emo bullshit that marred an otherwise very cool game.

I'd like to play it again but I'm gonna have to pass.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Edit, since it doesnt appear to really embed:

1706657743559.png

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Edit, since it doesnt appear to really embed:

View attachment 512017
Crazy remembering how they were fucked up by a monopoly suit, and now.. theyre even more powerful and the government wont even touch them because theyre scared they'll cause the US to falter in global presence.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
A bit off topic, but whos dick do I need to suck to get an MLB The Show game on PC at this point? Jesus Christ.

• 1Double Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
A bit off topic, but whos dick do I need to suck to get an MLB The Show game on PC at this point? Jesus Christ.
I’ll start programming right away. There’s a nice back alley downtown we can rendezvous in when I’m ready for payment.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users