General Gaming News and Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There technically is more content for Persona 3, but Atlus hasnt seemed too keen on remastering it. In the PSP version, they added a female main character which changed the way a lot of the social links and dialogue played out and the entire FES epilogue/expansion content, so there could be a bigger version one day that tries to tempt you to double dip, although it feels kinda unlikely (but id love to be wrong). Seems weird to remaster only the base game and not everything.

There's also that. Not sure why this game doesn't include the female protag from the PSP port, or the game-sized "The Answer" expansion from the FES version.

Not sure why I even like Persona games. The whole Persona system is interesting, the battle system is very solid, and the general gameplay is good, but it's all wrapped in these Japanese high school social link sims that just do not interest me AT ALL. Maybe SMT would be more to my liking since I hear it's more gameplay focused without all the sim aspects.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure why this game doesn't include the female protag from the PSP port, or the game-sized "The Answer" expansion from the FES version.
It's a remaster of FES base game along with most of the things added to P3P. With the stats on how few people finish games they play, I imagine SEGA saw little value in paying for The Answer when casual players would never see it and fans didn't even like it much to begin with. FeMC from P3P was more popular with fans, but it's another thing that would've taken a huge amount of effort to do all her different (but in the end, the same) social links, including the cringy as fuck one with Ken that would cause even more controversy today. SEGA and Atlus make great games but they're more interested in selling people a hundred bucks of low-effort game-breaking DLCs than they are about doing every possible thing they can in the game itself. So they just added 'link episodes' and called it good enough.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
There's also that. Not sure why this game doesn't include the female protag from the PSP port, or the game-sized "The Answer" expansion from the FES version.
A 'notable game leaker' who originally leaked the existence of the entire remake before Atlus/Sega announced it has posted that Atlus is actually working on "The Answer" to be released as DLC content "in the fiscal year" but nothing more concrete. If true, then we probably are on course for a series of DLCs, an expansion, then a big Royal version in a few years.

• 1Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande
Screenshot_20240201-055524_YouTube.jpg

"I just worked in the kitchen at Auschwitz, I didn't see anything".

Crazy to see this guy backing down but it seems like it's too late for American game companies?

• 1Moron

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are you lost? This is gamergate shit.
Due to an unfortunate series of events starting with Russia's 2014 invasion of Crimea and culminating with a rare post by me in the Politics thread, I can't post in the #Gamergate thread anymore.

That thread is more a catch all for culture war stuff though, I'm specifically looking to discuss the damage this person did to American game development which seems to be universally shit now.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Due to an unfortunate series of events starting with Russia's 2014 invasion of Crimea and culminating with a rare post by me in the Politics thread, I can't post in the #Gamergate thread anymore.

That thread is more a catch all for culture war stuff though, I'm specifically looking to discuss the damage this person did to American game development which seems to be universally shit now.

Not being able to post in gamergate is your problem, don't drag that shit in here. If you want to discuss game development, don't start with a purely political post.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
So were there any good Anglosphere produced games in the last year?

I'm just playing Japanese and Polish stuff mostly.

• 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So were there any good Anglosphere produced games in the last year?

I'm just playing Japanese and Polish stuff mostly.
Baldur's Gate 3, the Harry Potter game, Alan Wake 2, Dead Space remake, The Talos Principle 2, Spiderman 2. Not all the greatest or anything but there's been a fair few games yeah, including the GOTY(BG3) and the best selling game(Harry Potter).

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Baldur's Gate 3, the Harry Potter game, Alan Wake 2, Dead Space remake, The Talos Principle 2, Spiderman 2. Not all the greatest or anything but there's been a fair few games yeah, including the GOTY(BG3) and the best selling game(Harry Potter).
BG3 is a Belgian studio though?

Trying to get my wife to play Harry Potter but she hasn't played anything with dual stick controls, best she's done is best Crash Bandicoot 1 Remaster.

I am worried that Harry Potter and Spiderman 2 are pozzed, I guess it's restrained in those games?

• 1Faggotry

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Trying to get my wife to play Harry Potter but she hasn't played anything with dual stick controls, best she's done is best Crash Bandicoot 1 Remaster.

I am worried that Harry Potter and Spiderman 2 are pozzed, I guess it's restrained in those games?

Dudes name is Sven, you don’t get much more white western than that.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

What? Is Belgium not white enough for you? When you say Anglosphere do you specifically mean English? Because England doesn’t make shit anymore. You guys are the banking system for Europe now.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
What? Is Belgium not white enough for you? When you say Anglosphere do you specifically mean English? Because England doesn’t make shit anymore. You guys are the banking system for Europe now.
What the fuck does the word mean otherwise?

Heian

Molten Core Raider
My ex gf work for Larian. From what I know and I could be wrong. The upper management is in Belgium. Dublin seems pretty big, there is a studio in Quebec city. I have heard of England and Spain. They seem pretty cool about working where you want.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My ex gf work for Larian. From what I know and I could be wrong. The upper management is in Belgium. Dublin seems pretty big, there is a studio in Quebec city. I have heard of England and Spain. They seem pretty cool about working where you want.
How blue is her hair?

• 1Worf