General Gaming News and Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Personally I have more disdain for Japanese anime-style games with low camera angles and schoolgirl panty shots than I do for anything from Sweet Baby Inc. (Don't get me wrong, they're both lame as hell)

• 1WTF
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was actually thinking of getting back into it. I heard the last expac sucked but they fixed it? And the expacs are on sale.
Dunno how it was and if the xpac sucked balls or not. Its all new content to me so the whole experience has been great. The political system especially with the voting, the laws, types of government really interested me. Your planets can have other races which have their own philosophies which can sway how your government is ran. Ship customization definitely isn't as good as other 4x, but its adequate. Hero system is kinda interesting with the academy. Kind of acts as like its own network/faction in the galaxy that you can influence.

Its kind of a simple 4x, but also has a ton of great layers.

Siliconemelons

Personally I have more disdain for Japanese anime-style games with low camera angles and schoolgirl panty shots than I do for anything from Sweet Baby Inc. (Don't get me wrong, they're both lame as hell)

not condoning anime panty shots- but one is “promoting” heterosexual desires and the other “promotes” degenerate tranny gay homosexual pedo acceptance and desires

What side of that should be pushed against more so than the other?

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
not condoning anime panty shots- but one is “promoting” heterosexual desires and the other “promotes” degenerate tranny gay homosexual pedo acceptance and desires

Japan does have some issues.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
OK guys, final warning. Take the gamergate shit to that thread. I'll move everything over if you want to continue the conversation.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 6 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK guys, final warning. Take the gamergate shit to that thread. I'll move everything over if you want to continue the conversation.
giphy.gif

• 10Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

You can immediately gauge the degeneracy of any given Discord by how much weeb shit is posted in it. It is way more of a leading indicator than queer shit.

Furry shit is what happens when you let weeb shit mix with queer shit; it never would have started without the weeb shit.

Anime is degeneracy's metavirus.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Can't count the number of lawsuits I would be hit with if I even hinted to someone let alone on video I don't hire black people.
it doesn't matter if you don't hire them

as long as you give them equal opportunity to apply, you cya

and then don't hire them

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

You missed the part where I said "schoolgirl anime panty shots"

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
In other news, so far this is pretty good and I'm glad someone made it:

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Cool video, still watching but found a game I had entirely forgotten, Lands of Lore, I remember playing that stuff a bunch but it completely disappeared from my memory until I saw it in this.

kroenen

Regimen Morum

A big F-YOU! to the sadistic dev team behind the 1986 game "The Bard's Tale II". They really went overboard with the Dargoth’s Tower part of the game.
In large parts of it you will be in silence, darkness, and anti-magic. Almost every square has a spinner/teleporter/trap and to move around you will need to cast the only functioning spell "Scry Site", to find your bearings with each step. If that wasn't enough, let's top it all off with having monsters roaming around in the darkness...
This was before internet and available guides, so you were on your own with pencil and paper to map this shit out and try to make some sense of it.
Had a friend who stayed indoors all summer and refused to give up, mapping that shit on his bedroom floor. Me and buddy went visiting him, window blinds completely shut in his room, pale in skin from no sun and his eyes all red from very little sleep and alot of frustration made him look like an albino rabbit.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
A big F-YOU! to the sadistic dev team behind the 1986 game "The Bard's Tale II". They really went overboard with the Dargoth’s Tower part of the game.
In large parts of it you will be in silence, darkness, and anti-magic. Almost every square has a spinner/teleporter/trap and to move around you will need to cast the only functioning spell "Scry Site", to find your bearings with each step. If that wasn't enough, let's top it all off with having monsters roaming around in the darkness...
This was before internet and available guides, so you were on your own with pencil and paper to map this shit out and try to make some sense of it.
Had a friend who stayed indoors all summer and refused to give up, mapping that shit on his bedroom floor. Me and buddy went visiting him, window blinds completely shut in his room, pale in skin from no sun and his eyes all red from very little sleep and alot of frustration made him look like an albino rabbit.
I might have been that friend! Took my c64 and tv with me on a vacation and played the entire time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Brings back memories of mapping out Wizardry 3 levels on grid paper so you didn't get teleported into rock and lose your whole party

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Brings back memories of mapping out Wizardry 3 levels on grid paper so you didn't get teleported into rock and lose your whole party
Memories? I still play MUDs and map out things so I don't lose my characer getting teleported into a rock.

• 2Worf

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
A big F-YOU! to the sadistic dev team behind the 1986 game "The Bard's Tale II"... you were on your own with pencil and paper to map this shit out and try to make some sense of it.

Oh god, the PTSD. My buddies and I did this. To this day I refuse to play games with no map (that require complex navigation, anyway).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Cool video, still watching but found a game I had entirely forgotten, Lands of Lore, I remember playing that stuff a bunch but it completely disappeared from my memory until I saw it in this.

Yeah, same thing happened to me early in the video when he was showing PC games from the 1970's like Moria. I recognized some of the footage from when I was VERY small, and unlocked a distant memory of playing Moria (or at least looking at it) on a school library computer at like 4 years old. Remembered the character sheet and everything. Wow, that was a blast from the past. Stuff like that piqued my interest in RPGs, LOTR, and D&D very early, before I knew much about any of them.

A couple years later there was a really cool PC RPG I tried to play and didn't get very far in, and I have no idea what it was called but maybe someone will know. It had four levels/worlds/dungeons? and each one was themed around a different type of giant. First was Hill Giants, fourth was Fire Giants, not sure what the two in-between were. You played as a single character who was some sort of battlemage and could fight/cast spells, and moved around the dungeon map engaging various enemies to get stronger to face the Hill Giant boss. It was really cool, but I was like 6 and kept rushing the boss, not knowing what the hell I was doing, so I didn't get past the first of the four sections of the game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, same thing happened to me early in the video when he was showing PC games from the 1970's like Moria. I recognized some of the footage from when I was VERY small, and unlocked a distant memory of playing Moria (or at least looking at it) on a school library computer at like 4 years old. Remembered the character sheet and everything. Wow, that was a blast from the past. Stuff like that piqued my interest in RPGs, LOTR, and D&D very early, before I knew much about any of them.

A couple years later there was a really cool PC RPG I tried to play and didn't get very far in, and I have no idea what it was called but maybe someone will know. It had four levels/worlds/dungeons? and each one was themed around a different type of giant. First was Hill Giants, fourth was Fire Giants, not sure what the two in-between were. You played as a single character who was some sort of battlemage and could fight/cast spells, and moved around the dungeon map engaging various enemies to get stronger to face the Hill Giant boss. It was really cool, but I was like 6 and kept rushing the boss, not knowing what the hell I was doing, so I didn't get past the first of the four sections of the game.
IMG_3056.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users