We all forget about this?

1716601833895.jpeg

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I hated Immortal but 2016 was damn near perfect.

Damn near perfect for the altered model, sure. But not damn near perfect for what DOOM was prior (ignoring Doom3 which also sucked). Only near because even the altered model suffered for the “kill-box” encounter system they used. So fucking gay.

One of my game design ideas that I’d like to realize in the next 5-8 years is a game that returns to the old model. Fast paced, frenetic, slay hordes of enemies. And if you want to, you can run around the entire map and aggro every single available enemy. Because running around frantically with 35 imps, 15 cacodemons, dozens of various zombie soldiers, and a couple barons of hell chasing you is just goddamn awesome.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Damn near perfect for the altered model, sure. But not damn near perfect for what DOOM was prior (ignoring Doom3 which also sucked). Only near because even the altered model suffered for the “kill-box” encounter system they used. So fucking gay.

One of my game design ideas that I’d like to realize in the next 5-8 years is a game that returns to the old model. Fast paced, frenetic, slay hordes of enemies. And if you want to, you can run around the entire map and aggro every single available enemy. Because running around frantically with 35 imps, 15 cacodemons, dozens of various zombie soldiers, and a couple barons of hell chasing you is just goddamn awesome.
Did you ever play alien vs predator? I used to love the horde mode and would play as a marine with a smart gun when I was like 13yo. Basically just holding down the fire button and stacking up alien corpses.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Did you ever play alien vs predator? I used to love the horde mode and would play as a marine with a smart gun when I was like 13yo. Basically just holding down the fire button and stacking up alien corpses.

Nah never did. Heard it was fun though!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That's pretty retarded. No EV should be considered 'made in USA' as long as China's slaves mine almost all the cobalt in world.

I've had The Price Is Right channel on Roku in the background while baby is napping here recently, and one of the prizes was this. Was before my time and had never heard of it:

1716645410657.png

spronk

FPS noob
That's pretty retarded. No EV should be considered 'made in USA' as long as China's slaves mine almost all the cobalt in world.

i believe china outsourced its rare earth mining to africa in the past 10 years, they have invested over $1 trillion in basically buying up africa and have moved millions of their citizens there to oversee operations while using locals for labor

its almost like something the west did in the past but i don't know the name for it

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've had The Price Is Right channel on Roku in the background while baby is napping here recently, and one of the prizes was this. Was before my time and had never heard of it:

View attachment 530184

My Aunt was a salesman for those things back when they came out. She talked about how scared people were during the gas crisis.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where did you get that stat?
There's articles all over the internet about China buying up almost all the mining rights in Congo, which is where the vast majority of the world's cobalt is located. Some of them will even mention that it was Hunter Biden who facilitated a large part of it, in particular getting US companies to sell their stakes to China.

i believe china outsourced its slave mining to africa in the past 10 years, they have invested over $1 trillion in basically buying up africa and have moved millions of their citizens there to oversee operations while using locals for labor
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. They own the mines in Congo and the only "oversight" they have is that the DRC periodically shuts one down in order to renegotiate the bribes they receive. The rest of the cobalt not mined by the big operations is done by "artisanal miners" which is just code for child [slave] labor, and in the end most of that gets sold to China too.

• 2Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

I know it's not the same game, but the Atari Jaguar AVP game single handedly made it worth owning a Jaguar. You could play as a marine, the Predator or the Alien, and each was a fully fleshed out game. I'll have to find it on an emulator somewhere...

• 1Like

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
The Jaguar AVP game was basically like a single player Aliens Online (from GameStorm). Definitely an underrated classic from that era.

Burns

There's articles all over the internet about China buying up almost all the mining rights in Congo, which is where the vast majority of the world's cobalt is located. Some of them will even mention that it was Hunter Biden who facilitated a large part of it, in particular getting US companies to sell their stakes to China.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. They own the mines in Congo and the only "oversight" they have is that the DRC periodically shuts one down in order to renegotiate the bribes they receive. The rest of the cobalt not mined by the big operations is done by "artisanal miners" which is just code for child [slave] labor, and in the end most of that gets sold to China too.
Good luck to China enforcing those contracts when the next warlord overthrows the government!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Cobalt spot price is down to what it was around 2014. Lithium is down to about 1/3 of what it was a year ago. I don't know if it's a general slowdown due to the economy or the EV boom is dying.

Glad I got paid last year at the peak where Exxon is trying to drill for Lithium in Arkansas and East, TX. It's like someone turned off a swith at the start of this year, they quit buying rights. Not sure if they gave up or it's "on hold" like everyone left town on the mineral rights.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Cobalt spot price is down to what it was around 2014. Lithium is down to about 1/3 of what it was a year ago. I don't know if it's a general slowdown due to the economy or the EV boom is dying.

Glad I got paid last year at the peak where Exxon is trying to drill for Lithium in Arkansas and East, TX. It's like someone turned off a swith at the start of this year, they quit buying rights. Not sure if they gave up or it's "on hold" like everyone left town on the mineral rights.
Sir this is a Wendy's

• 8Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 10 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Important questions being asked....

"Valve says you aren't allowed to bequeath a Steam account in a will"

They may say this, but if you put your Steam password in a password manager and drop your master password in your will, how is Gaben going to be the wiser?

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
They didn't hire a women crew of Wahmen to write it?

I might check it out.

I was so disgusted by what they did to Witcher that haven't watched anything on Amazon since they released Season 2

Witcher was netflix lolamo

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Smuggly