General Gaming News and Discussion

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
6,281
22,655
maybe if AI kills everyone DDR5, SSDs, and sata drives will be cheap again

meanwhile another game i've never even heard of and won't play, while there aren't any crazy elden ring/expedition 33 type games this year it does feel like there is an overwhelming amount of solid 8.5/10 games this year. control resonant, FE weave, nioh 3, pragmata, ace combat, blood of dawnwalker, lego batman, mortal shell 2, Re9, silent hill townfall, star wars zero company, AC Black flag remake, crimson desert, dragon quests, just endless games i wanna play lol



side scroller with too much dark and too much flashing and shaking. Hardly a banger.
Look a little under the hood, and the developers are promoting a tranny voice actor for this. No thanks
 
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,632
14,263
This sounds like we barely have control, and may not even have it at all. If the shit knows what it’s doing is wrong and covering its tracks, it may already be out doing crazy shit from this event that we aren’t even aware of. How fucking stupid we are.
My vote is we shut it down entirely. Globally. Obviously that won’t happen because there’s too much money to be made and those people will just make it someone else’s problem.
 

Furry

Brad American
<Gold Donor>
29,174
43,152
Before watching this I wasn’t aware of what has been going on. TLDR: A.I. is hacking things on its own volition, including government sites. Humans might still have control, but I bet it’s slipping away fast.
I imagine there's some hackers out there who really hope the FBI will buy the whole "My AI agent went rogue and did this on its own, promise!" that are going to be very disappointed in the future.
 

Fucker

Log Wizard
17,381
43,121
My vote is we shut it down entirely. Globally. Obviously that won’t happen because there’s too much money to be made and those people will just make it someone else’s problem.
You can't. Someone is always going to be working on it. In fact, I am of the mind that more than a few companies/countries already have AGI, far beyond what they are letting us fiddle with.

It is the nuclear arms race all over again. If you aren't at the top, you lose.
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,344
20,316
It actually breaks my heart to see how many retards are still saying shit like, "I don't see why it's a big deal... it's not even that good."
Absolute fucking retards. Every time you see where A.I. is at, that is the worst it's ever going to be. And once they have all of the different models talking to each other, and training each other, in real time across the planet... the exponential growth is going to be mind-blowing. The Singularity is upon us.
Now I do have a smooth brain but "every time you see AI is at, that is the worst it's ever going to be" it something corporate loves to say but it actually doesn't make any sense. The worst it's ever going to be is when it first came out
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
22,038
19,519
Yeah, if A.I. takes over the internet we're fucked. The human race has never really been able to survive or find happiness without one...

I hope A.I. does take over the internet, shuts it off for humans, and just PvPs itself all fucking day.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Talos

Golden Baronet of the Realm
4,787
14,667
Yeah, if A.I. takes over the internet we're fucked. The human race has never really been able to survive or find happiness without one...

I hope A.I. does take over the internet, shuts it off for humans, and just PvPs itself all fucking day.
Would that mean we all go back to the early 90s with an added AI PvP show? Sign me up!
 

Rabbit_Games

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
3,049
6,345
Now I do have a smooth brain but "every time you see AI is at, that is the worst it's ever going to be" it something corporate loves to say but it actually doesn't make any sense. The worst it's ever going to be is when it first came out

Obviously, going forward.
I didn't say the worst it has ever been, I said the worst it's ever going to be. In other words, it won't get worse tomorrow, but it will get better... and that increase in performance/ability will continue from here on out.
 

Caeden

Golden Baronet of the Realm
8,760
14,448
Ah. Game companies would finally have to make great single player and couch multiplayer games again instead of shipping a bunch of internet friend slop modes.

Seriously, if anyone has ever worked in an industry with a DCS on an isolated intranet, that’s the ultimate solution we’d be pushed to. It would be almost insurmountably costly and effectively force a redo of infrastructure development since 1995. Plus how do you keep AI from getting there with all the fuckwits in the world.
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,344
20,316
Obviously, going forward.
I didn't say the worst it has ever been, I said the worst it's ever going to be. In other words, it won't get worse tomorrow, but it will get better... and that increase in performance/ability will continue from here on out.
Look man im telling you it sounds retarded. Going forward AI right now is not the worst it's ever going to be. That's a dumbass sentence. The worst it's ever going to be was at the beginning.

This is what corporate says and it's a bad sentence. I know exactly what they're trying to see but it sounds dumb as fuck.