Geostorm (2017)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2.67 star(s) Rating: 2.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Geostorm

Tagline: Some things were never meant to be controlled.

Genre: Action

Director: Dean Devlin

Cast: Gerard Butler, Jim Sturgess, Abbie Cornish, Alexandra Maria Lara, Daniel Wu, Eugenio Derbez, Amr Waked, Adepero Oduye, Andy García, Ed Harris, Robert Sheehan, Richard Schiff, Mare Winningham, Zazie Beetz, Talitha Bateman, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Jodi Lyn Brockton

Release: 2017-10-19

Plot: Gerard Butler playing a stubborn but charming satellite designer who, when the world’s climate-controlling satellites malfunction, has to work together with his estranged brother to save the world from a man-made storm of epic proportions. A trip into space follows, while on Earth a plot to assassinate the president begins to unfold.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Thought there was a thread for this already but I guess not. It's out October 20th and it looks like it's Dean Devlin's debut as a theatrical director. He wrote classics such as Universal Solider, Stargate and Independence day. I personally hope this movie is so bad it's good, I could use a good laugh.

• 1Like

Caliane

is there any chance this is secretly a GI Joe movie, and the terrorists are Cobra?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I personally hope this movie is so bad it's good, I could use a good laugh.

blog_magic_8_ball_signs_yes.jpg

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On the one hand i expect this movie to be complete shit, on the other it has Gerard Butler. I'm not sure which one of those has more influence.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This looks like every other terrible end of the world movie. The one with John Cusack and the giant boats and “whooooa, whooooooooooa, whoooooooooooooooa” every other scene was the epitome of these shitshows

sukik

This looks like every other terrible end of the world movie. The one with John Cusack and the giant boats and “whooooa, whooooooooooa, whoooooooooooooooa” every other scene was the epitome of these shitshows

2012 was the best comedy of 2009. A true Roland Emmerich classic. My only hope is that this movie is at least on par.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the plot of this movie is like when you're flipping through channels and the sentences line up but still make no sense

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
How can Global Warming be real if Gerard Butler can stop it?

They had free previews at the AMC near me today, I saw Blade Runner at 3pm and there were people lining up for the free Geostorm (@ 730pm) at 3pm. When I left at 6pm there were at least 50 people in line. I wanted to yell out "YOU GUYS SHOULD GET MOVIEPASS"

a lot of them did have that cool fold up outdoors chair thing

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
the vibe I get from this film is 'slightly higher budget Sharknado'. Maybe it will be awesome? I doubt it though, it's gonna be down in Dante's Peak territory.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Whenever there is a giant mile high wave slamming into a large high rise city you know you might be watching the next Oscar contender.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
I saw this today, it was glorious. Really terrible, absolutely junk science, a complete pandering of global box office casting and locations but it was short and fun to watch. If you love crappy big budget sci fi movies, this is right up your alley. Every actor was Sharnado-levels of acting ability and every actor seemed to be acting in a different genre of movie, which of course made it all the better. Andy Garcia especially just had a "why the fuck did I let my agent convince me to be in this movie" face every second he was on screen.

It was great in 3D IMAX although I gotta say, the 3d glasses AMC is using now are pretty crappy

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I saw this today, it was glorious. Really terrible, absolutely junk science, a complete pandering of global box office casting and locations but it was short and fun to watch. If you love crappy big budget sci fi movies, this is right up your alley. Every actor was Sharnado-levels of acting ability and every actor seemed to be acting in a different genre of movie, which of course made it all the better. Andy Garcia especially just had a "why the fuck did I let my agent convince me to be in this movie" face every second he was on screen.

It was great in 3D IMAX although I gotta say, the 3d glasses AMC is using now are pretty crappy

i'm sold.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's pretty bad when your $120 million global destruction flick opens up a distant second to a fucking Madea movie. Maybe they should have cast Tyler Perry in a dress for this thing.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database