Geostorm (2017)

spronk

FPS noob
Gerard Butler's 'Geostorm' Could Lose as Much as $100 Million
Box office and finance analysts who spoke with TheWrap estimate that the break-even point for “Geostorm” is likely between $300 million and $350 million worldwide. Usually, for a non-franchise event release, the bar is set between $350 million and $400 million. But WB cut its marketing budget for the weather-themed catastrophe movie after pushing back the release date three times from March 2016 to this past weekend, when no Thursday preview screenings were held. It didn’t help that critics gave it a 13 percent Rotten Tomatoes score.

hollywood is such a scam now, $400m needed on a $120m budget

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's target audience wants to watch it but is fine with waiting until the inevitable day when they can just catch it on SyFy channel in that lucrative 2PM matinee timeslot some Tuesday.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
did gerard butler refuse to lick harvey weinstein's bunghole? why has he been reduced to these b-list roles?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Because either he or his agent keeps signing him up for shit movies?

His breakout moment was 300. That was over a decade ago and he never parlayed it into anything meaningful. A VO part in How To Train Your Dragon is the most successful thing he's done since then. You can be a part of only just so many stinkers before producers start assuming that you were part of the stink.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Because either he or his agent keeps signing him up for shit movies?

His breakout moment was 300. That was over a decade ago and he never parlayed it into anything meaningful. A VO part in How To Train Your Dragon is the most successful thing he's done since then. You can be a part of only just so many stinkers before producers start assuming that you were part of the stink.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I saw this today, it was glorious. Really terrible, absolutely junk science, a complete pandering of global box office casting and locations but it was short and fun to watch. If you love crappy big budget sci fi movies, this is right up your alley. Every actor was Sharnado-levels of acting ability and every actor seemed to be acting in a different genre of movie, which of course made it all the better. Andy Garcia especially just had a "why the fuck did I let my agent convince me to be in this movie" face every second he was on screen.

It was great in 3D IMAX although I gotta say, the 3d glasses AMC is using now are pretty crappy

Sounds like ID2. I am sold! Torrenting this for a hangover day.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This is filed under watch while stoned when it comes out on netflix. We all want to see it but don't want to pay the price for it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, lurk for 10 years , join with the influx from KiA, and my first pst is blank. Thanks, office CIA-like security.

I meant to say: Butler wasn't bad in Law Abiding Citizen. RocknRolla either. But as soon as he started those stupid romcoms (The Bounty Hunter good god) and dramas like PS I Love You, it was all over.

I like his style, but he's Val Kilmering it hard.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So disappointing. I was hoping for an epic 2012 style schlock fest but this is just a thriller with some sci-fi elements.

Brad2770

1200px-Geo_Storm_--_-07-09-2009.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users