Gerrymandering Supreme Court Case

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Because people that form communities of like-minded people have the right to be represented by people that actually represent them instead of being drawn into to some retarded district so you can feel good about things being "contested". People that live in a rural area don't want to be drawn into some shoestring district so their representation can be contested by urbanite bugmen, and vice versa. How would this be a good thing?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Arizona seems pretty gerrymandered. It’s considered a red state but something like 60% of the state is either Democrat or left leaning independent. Somehow the Republicans have majority in the Congress. Haven’t seen a recent district map, admittedly so I could be wrong. But when last I looked, it was pretty bad.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Arizona seems pretty gerrymandered. It’s considered a red state but something like 60% of the state is either Democrat or left leaning independent. Somehow the Republicans have majority in the Congress. Haven’t seen a recent district map, admittedly so I could be wrong. But when last I looked, it was pretty bad.

Oh then maybe you should look at one :emoji_thinking:

Hint: there are parts of every state outside of cities

lossy-page1-1920px-Arizona_Congressional_Districts%2C_113th_Congress.tif.jpg

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Because people that form communities of like-minded people have the right to be represented by people that actually represent them instead of being drawn into to some retarded district so you can feel good about things being "contested". People that live in a rural area don't want to be drawn into some shoestring district so their representation can be contested by urbanite bugmen, and vice versa. How would this be a good thing?

Because it gets us where we are today, a virtually non functional congress.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Because it gets us where we are today, a virtually non functional congress.

There's way more too that than just the gerrymandering bro. It's extremely profitable to, "work really hard" but not accomplish anything in Congress. Ya know?

Think about it. You can pretend to fight Obamacare for 8 years and ride that out all the while enjoying the benefits of being a member of congress and all the things that come with it. Those assholes have no desire to rock the gravy train and are reluctant to do anything that might disrupt that.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
There's way more too that than just the gerrymandering bro. It's extremely profitable to, "work really hard" but not accomplish anything in Congress. Ya know?

Think about it. You can pretend to fight Obamacare for 8 years and ride that out all the while enjoying the benefits of being a member of congress and all the things that come with it. Those assholes have no desire to rock the gravy train and are reluctant to do anything that might disrupt that.

And one way of making sure they deliver on whatever campaign promise they do, is to have competitive districts. Else they will just stay there milking it.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I have absolutely no sympathy for Democratic/Liberal folks whining about gerrymandering. I hate gerrymandering at its concept, but in all honesty it is just one of the spoils of war.

For whatever reason, Indiana was a fairly blue state on the local level. We had a democratic governor, and a democratic congress (I may be wrong on this). Well when 94 happened, they tried to change the congressional districts, and my red community in the farmlands of northwest Indiana found ourselves in the same district as Gary, which is like 150% black. Democrats were so butt mad they lost in 94 they tried to go scorched earth to hold onto power, they lost, got buttfucked, and then republicans rammed it in dry for seconds and fought the Democrats with the same weapons. This was going on all over the country if I remember right. And the fact that Wisconsin, which is really evenly split from what I can see, is an example is why the Left keeps fucking losing. It's just like Michael Brown and Treyvon. They pick the absolute worst examples for their cause instead of other ones that actually deserve some sympathy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user