Gerrymandering Supreme Court Case

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Natural flow of geography yo.

crimes-against-geography.png

Also are you forgetting that the number of voters in each district is supposed to as even as feasible?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Natural flow of geography yo.

crimes-against-geography.png

Also are you forgetting that the number of voters in each district is supposed to as even as feasible?

A Few Notes from the article you stole the image from

1) Democrats won in nine of the 10 most-gerrymandered districts. But eight out of 10 of those districts were drawn by Republicans.
3. Indiana and Nevada stand out as states with the least amount of gerrymandering.
4. Maryland and North Carolina are essentially tied for the honor of most-gerrymandered state.
6. Gerrymandering is easier to get away with in more densely-populated areas.

Thanks Kreugen for the help, we will redraw these districts to increase Republican representation.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Lendarios, stop fucking hiding.

Answer my questions about your Minority Gerrymandered districts.

Texas 33rd. Which was purposely drawn to break up two Red Districts into 1 red and 1 blue Latino.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
It seems our raftcoon is having trouble applying the concept of this case beyond anything outside this case. I now believe he doesn't understand abstract concepts at all.
He did the same thing with the travel ban cases. He couldn't comprehend the idea of a precedent. Every single individual case must be ruled on and the ruling only applies to that exact case in his mind.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Overview of Wisconsin (State) - Statistical Atlas

Population of every Assembly district is approx 56,000 give or take a couple thousand. Lendarios Lendarios how do you possibly come up with the idea that urban votes count less than rural votes when WI-14 has 56,527 (center of Milwaukee) people in it and WI-87 has 57,634 (Northwest WI, and one of the largest districts by square miles)?

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
In the south they have done it to make sure blacks get a black majority district even when they make up 30% of the population. Even if it goes from one corner of the state to the other in a very narrow line.

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Lendarios, stop fucking hiding.

Answer my questions about your Minority Gerrymandered districts.

Texas 33rd. Which was purposely drawn to break up two Red Districts into 1 red and 1 blue Latino.
You call it hiding.

I call it working.

Minority based gerrymandering is frown upon the courts as well. It is made upon the fallacious idea that people from a certain race vote a certain way. If you are doing it, the courts have said you better have a very good reason.

This idea is currently in disfavor by the judges. The ruling on Cooper v. Harris made it clear they went to far in packing African american voters.

"The Constitution entrusts States with the job of designing congressional districts. But it also imposes an important constraint: A State may not use race as the predominant factor in drawing district lines unless it has a compelling reason. In this case, a three-judge District Court ruled that North Carolina officials violated that bar when they created two districts whose voting-age populations were majority black. Applying a deferential standard of review to the factual findings underlying that decision, we affirm"

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You call it hiding.

I call it working.

Minority based gerrymandering is frown upon the courts as well. It is made upon the fallacious idea that people from a certain race vote a certain way. If you are doing it, the courts have said you better have a very good reason.

This idea is currently in disfavor by the judges. The ruling on Cooper v. Harris made it clear they went to far in packing African american voters.

"The Constitution entrusts States with the job of designing congressional districts. But it also imposes an important constraint: A State may not use race as the predominant factor in drawing district lines unless it has a compelling reason. In this case, a three-judge District Court ruled that North Carolina officials violated that bar when they created two districts whose voting-age populations were majority black. Applying a deferential standard of review to the factual findings underlying that decision, we affirm"

If there was no minority based gerrymandering, Democrats would never win a fucking seat.

I lived in the famous IL-4 district. Try to guess why it was drawn that way. Clue: The Rep representing it is Luis Gutierrez who has been re-elected like 10 times

fourth-district-of-illinois-map1.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Trump
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I just looked it up at Webster's dictionary

Gerrymandering: When district lines prevent democrats from gaining supermajority in every state and destroying America

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Gerrymandering is a problem in some places, but those districts in wisconsin looked pretty solid and bulletproof. Problem is, I can't think of a reasonable law or rule that could fix it. Best I can come up with is requiring that no part of the district be more than x miles away from any other part.

If there was no minority based gerrymandering, Democrats would never win a fucking seat.

I don't know why you keep throwing this out there as if it's an argument in favor of gerrymandering. I used to live in a district in texas just outside of austin. I did some work in the valley and I noticed that the political signs were for the same races I was seeing back home and that was about a 4 hour drive IIRC. So I looked up the district and saw that it went down the center of the highway for a couple hundred miles to pick up a bunch of mexicans and basically disenfranchise the members of the rural community I lived in. That shit is wrong no matter who the district is designed to favor.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Gerrymandering is a problem in some places, but those districts in wisconsin looked pretty solid and bulletproof. Problem is, I can't think of a reasonable law or rule that could fix it. Best I can come up with is requiring that no part of the district be more than x miles away from any other part.

I don't know why you keep throwing this out there as if it's an argument in favor of gerrymandering. I used to live in a district in texas just outside of austin. I did some work in the valley and I noticed that the political signs were for the same races I was seeing back home and that was about a 4 hour drive IIRC. So I looked up the district and saw that it went down the center of the highway for a couple hundred miles to pick up a bunch of mexicans and basically disenfranchise the members of the rural community I lived in. That shit is wrong no matter who the district is designed to favor.

The reason i keep throwing it out there is that Democrats are the only ones who practice minority based gerrymandering and then go arounf saying its bad. That district i posted earlier in Chicago connects 2 majority hispanic areas with a hispanic Congressman otherwise those legumers would have a white guy representing them and back in the late 80s before that monstrosity was drawn up, theres a good chance it might have been a Rockefeller Republican. But now its a hispa ic guy who has been reelected 12 consecutive times, most of them with 70-80% of the total vote.

So i dont see why Lebdarios is bitching about minority based gerrymandering

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The reason i keep throwing it out there is that Democrats are the only ones who practice minority based gerrymandering and then go arounf saying its bad. That district i posted earlier in Chicago connects 2 majority hispanic areas with a hispanic Congressman otherwise those legumers would have a white guy representing them and back in the late 80s before that monstrosity was drawn up, theres a good chance it might have been a Rockefeller Republican. But now its a hispa ic guy who has been reelected 12 consecutive times, most of them with 70-80% of the total vote.

The democrats are the one who engage on this?

Really??

On all those states that never had a democratic controlled house in decades. Texas, NC. Florida,

Yeah bro Ok. Your PolSci professor would have been proud of your logic.

Both sides engage on this practice, and is not right neither when the dems do it.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

i don't read enough of his posts to know what he's bitching about specifically. All I got out of his posts was that he thought they should be based on geography. But we should all be bitching about the worst examples of gerrymandering like the districts we described.

• 1Picard

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The democrats are the one who engage on this?

Really??

On all those states that never had a democratic controlled house in decades. Texas, NC. Florida,

Yeah bro Ok. Your PolSci professor would have been proud of your logic.

Both sides engage on this practice, and is not right neither when the dems do it.

Why would red states which are majority white, carve out special districts for minorities to give them seats, instead of just rolling them all into districts that are 51%+ white ensuring that they would never win seats based on race alone?

Use your goddamn brain.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
i don't read enough of his posts to know what he's bitching about specifically. All I got out of his posts was that he thought they should be based on geography. But we should all be bitching about the worst examples of gerrymandering like the districts we described.
I have no idea how you came to this conclusion.
I don't know how to draw a political map. My first instinct would be by county. then split the county by city. Reason been is because the counties have political independence from each other, same as the cities.

• 1Worf

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Why would red states which are majority white, carve out special districts for minorities to give them seats, instead of just rolling them all into districts that are 51%+ white ensuring that they would never win seats based on race alone?

Use your goddamn brain.
because federal law.

PS sorry about your worthless degree.

• 1Picard

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
because federal law.

PS sorry about your worthless degree.

Federal law requires that states draw up minority based districts? Id tell you to go and fucking kill youraelf for being so stupid but im an amod now and all i can wish you is to have a nice weeekend.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users