Ghost of Tsushima

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Are the golden birds supposed to lead you to any kind of specific treasures or what? I followed one up and ton of ledges and it let me back to the Ishakawa dojo and had a really badass view but I wasn't sure if I lost the bird or it was leading me to the view.

They lead you to different points of interest, vanity items, quests, hot springs. Just friends. They’re functionally retarded though and constantly fly in to buildings, trees, lead you off cliffs, go in circles.

Found best hat. No idea how to get a good picture so here’s a bad one.

3AC98B84-876D-4599-988E-50D133F44EE6.jpeg

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are the golden birds supposed to lead you to any kind of specific treasures or what? I followed one up and ton of ledges and it let me back to the Ishakawa dojo and had a really badass view but I wasn't sure if I lost the bird or it was leading me to the view.
Birds will guide you to points of interest, and quest givers. If one took you to a place with a "view", it might have been a Haiku spot? I had one lead me through the Komatsu(?) Forge town while I was there before a quest took me there (so it was empty). It kept leading me to a certain house, but there was nothing there at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Upgraded my appearance. It’s pretty cool gives me 1 more attack during standoffs so I can kill 4 now. Need 1 more upgrade and it will be 5. Standoffs are much harder at this point though, ennemies having a possible 3 feints before they attack and I think, not 100% sure, that the window to react is smaller. Still standoffs are awesome. :)

36D1500A-A705-45AD-97CA-079B89D9D350.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Someone else already mentioned it, but this game has so many QoL features. Fast travel to any discovered location from anywhere, picking up resources from horseback, trees don't get in your way when running, almost every time you see a cliff there's a way to climb it so you don't have to go completely around it. Very nice touches that I hope make it to other games in the genre.

And the lack of mini map is fantastic. I always find myself staring at mini maps and not the actual world.

This is a good game.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
2days playing still on act 1(i think i'm close to act2) i'll say negs

playing tlou2 it has bad transition from 3rd player to crawling/squeezing

assassins could look cooler, while chain assassins are bad ass.

my wife is telling me (shes reading reviews while i play) that a lot of ppl don't like jin, too bland... are they in english? cuz my jap jin is fine

thought:
i wonder if later on i get to pal around w/ these bad ass bitches, yuna and masako, really don't care for the old bow guy or the ronin.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Got the outfit upgraded to max. 5 kills streak standoffs. This will never get old. :)

Oh and I don’t think this was mentioned. The load times are amazing in this. Fast travel is actually fast. :)

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, can anyone explain how the Exploration Techniques are supposed to work? I only have the Fox Den one atm, but most of the den's I've found have been from simply hearing the fox in the distance, or seeing it. Do the various things you can train start to show up on the map as "?" once you learn them?

Is there an upgraded version of the Ronin attire further into the game? I really like the +30% melee dmg.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
You use the wind deal, and then follow it. That's how the exploration things work. The ?s I've been seeing has just been stuff I've heard about or I was near and didn't quite trigger the resulting map update.

Solid game so far; still on the first Act but just running around murdering mongols is absolutely great. I'm tempted to just start hunting the visual upgrades for awhile, as I now have more charm slots than I've even seen charms. Oh, but getting Amaterasu's is really nice hah. I highly recommend.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You use the wind deal, and then follow it. That's how the exploration things work. The ?s I've been seeing has just been stuff I've heard about or I was near and didn't quite trigger the resulting map update.

Solid game so far; still on the first Act but just running around murdering mongols is absolutely great. I'm tempted to just start hunting the visual upgrades for awhile, as I now have more charm slots than I've even seen charms. Oh, but getting Amaterasu's is really nice hah. I highly recommend.
I'm assuming you would summon the wind when you do not have a waypoint already set?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm assuming you would summon the wind when you do not have a waypoint already set?

When you’re on the map and using the Traveller outfit, you can use the d-pad right direction I think to bring up options as to what to track with the wind.You get a few options with outfit alone, plus the exploration skills.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, about 30 hours in. Yeah I know that’s way too much. :)

I went back to the first area after finishing Act 1 and liberated it, and did all the ”?”. So now I can proceed to the second area. I’m way too OCD to advance the story in Act 2 with stuff left to do in the first area.

This has allowed me to get all the charms slot unlocked, all the stances unlocked and fully trained, all the parry skill tree, and almost all the “evolving” skills at the bottom of the Ghost skill page, I unlocked all the Ghost weapon skills but haven’t put any points in them yet.

I got the katana almost maxed, 1 rank left to do. The small sword is maxed(forgot the name), maxed the half bow, 1 rank left to do on the long bow. Maxed out most of the arrows, bombs, etc...think I have 3 rank total left to train, it’s a pain to get predator skins. I also maxed the Traveller and the Sekai outfits.

I’m going to max out everything way before the end, probably at halfway point at this pace. This is pretty cool, since it will allow me to,play about half the game with all skills. To be honest I don’t feel like I need anything else right now.

It’s probably a must to use the charm that double the ressource and supplies gathering if you have it, otherwise you’ll struggle to get enough mats to increase the rank of armour and weapons.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Game “journalists” are so far out of touch with the average gamer that I honestly don’t know how those people stay in business. Does anyone even watch or read them anymore?

3B5D8AF7-93ED-41E7-97DB-51A749424C2A.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, about 30 hours in. Yeah I know that’s way too much. :)

I went back to the first area after finishing Act 1 and liberated it, and did all the ”?”. So now I can proceed to the second area. I’m way too OCD to advance the story in Act 2 with stuff left to do in the first area.

This has allowed me to get all the charms slot unlocked, all the stances unlocked and fully trained, all the parry skill tree, and almost all the “evolving” skills at the bottom of the Ghost skill page, I unlocked all the Ghost weapon skills but haven’t put any points in them yet.

I got the katana almost maxed, 1 rank left to do. The small sword is maxed(forgot the name), maxed the half bow, 1 rank left to do on the long bow. Maxed out most of the arrows, bombs, etc...think I have 3 rank total left to train, it’s a pain to get predator skins. I also maxed the Traveller and the Sekai outfits.

I’m going to max out everything way before the end, probably at halfway point at this pace. This is pretty cool, since it will allow me to,play about half the game with all skills. To be honest I don’t feel like I need anything else right now.

It’s probably a must to use the charm that double the ressource and supplies gathering if you have it, otherwise you’ll struggle to get enough mats to increase the rank of armour and weapons.
I have the Inari Charm (more resources), but it doesn't seem to work for Flowers, I've yet to see it give me more than 1.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Late response; yeah what Valderen said. Basically, it just shows you to the nearest one you haven't opened yet (after selecting from the map screen; icon in the bottom left). Then you use it in the field and the wind will start showing you the way to the nearest <insert thing here>. It's best to combine the two (looking at the map to make sure you aren't near a ton you have already found of <insert thing here>) and then go somewhere still fog of warred so you aren't riding across half the map. Combine with fast travel for easy finding things.

I'm like... 6 hours in? I think, or about there. Just got to the
Golden Temple and all the Masako stuff
and that area is absolutely gorgeous. This whole game is gorgeous, actually haha. Been spending my time just roaming the country side looking for golden birds and other interesting things, and I've stumbled across like, a dozen fox shrines and a few onsens and several regular shrines just by roaming. I should probably do more of the Yuna stuff to at least get the the story moving forward and more of the Big Legend boosts, but just saving peasants and dueling mongols is so damn fun.

This is kind of what I was hoping Sekiro would be more like, oddly enough.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 286176

But yeah I get it. Planned on getting crunked and living my samurai fantasy all night and ended up reading hello bus to a two yr old for an hour. Little feckers have no concept of me time. Got drunk anyway so fuck them kids

Had a get together and ended up reading "Babies on the Bus" for two hours to a two year old... Book is heavy, debated if a good swing would induce a quick little "nap" so I could stop reading.

But I want the kids parents to continue to like me, so I didn't. It was worth it though when the dad tried HL: Alyx and accidentally smacked the shit out of the kid. Love that kid, but I laughed.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Game “journalists” are so far out of touch with the average gamer that I honestly don’t know how those people stay in business. Does anyone even watch or read them anymore?

View attachment 286457
it's not even fair to compare tlou2 to got...

honestly i STRUGGLED to play tlou2, it was so boring and bland and i hated the "narrative". i only played and finished b/c as i said previous, the intent was for me and wife to play and swap turns, but she just said "ugh" , but still wanted me to finish the game to see the ending.

and you know whats FUCKED me from tlou2? is that in GOT i sparringly use quickfire weapons... cuz i still think i'll have "limited resourses"

fuck that, it took a while to get over that "conserve your ammo" hump and just let loose and have fucking fun.

shit i just throw kunai at fucking pigs now, and launch a heavy arrow into a bears head, i ain't dealing with that mess heh, it's FUN to use all your weapons.

AND you don't have to deal with a shitty flashlight, i've hated flashlights since doom2010, fucking tlou2 flashlight makes you dread going through a zone, while in GOT you shower beautiful flowers w/ the blood of mongols.

the way i'm playing now is the semi-OCD finish ACT1 then move on to next ACT route, so far i'm on ACTII and it's just as grand, whereas tlou2 ACTII made me play a tranny for 10hours.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
it's not even fair to compare tlou2 to got...

honestly i STRUGGLED to play tlou2, it was so boring and bland and i hated the "narrative". i only played and finished b/c as i said previous, the intent was for me and wife to play and swap turns, but she just said "ugh" , but still wanted me to finish the game to see the ending.

and you know whats FUCKED me from tlou2? is that in GOT i sparringly use quickfire weapons... cuz i still think i'll have "limited resourses"

fuck that, it took a while to get over that "conserve your ammo" hump and just let loose and have fucking fun.

shit i just throw kunai at fucking pigs now, and launch a heavy arrow into a bears head, i ain't dealing with that mess heh, it's FUN to use all your weapons.

AND you don't have to deal with a shitty flashlight, i've hated flashlights since doom2010, fucking tlou2 flashlight makes you dread going through a zone, while in GOT you shower beautiful flowers w/ the blood of mongols.

the way i'm playing now is the semi-OCD finish ACT1 then move on to next ACT route, so far i'm on ACTII and it's just as grand, whereas tlou2 ACTII made me play a tranny for 10hours.

Stupidly, I was reading neofag at work this morning seeing what their take on this game was - every other post is “I can’t get into this game, it’s too janky and the combat is awful after TLOU2”, or, “how am I ever supposed to care about this games story after TLOU2, Sony should never have released these games back to back”. Lol, meanwhile Im genuinely loving it and notice almost no jank. This game is just plain fun, love the cinematic/episodic nature of the missions as well. REALLY hope they’ve got some Witcher 3 quality dlc lined up

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Stupidly, I was reading neofag at work this morning seeing what their take on this game was - every other post is “I can’t get into this game, it’s too janky and the combat is awful after TLOU2”, or, “how am I ever supposed to care about this games story after TLOU2, Sony should never have released these games back to back”. Lol, meanwhile Im genuinely loving it and notice almost no jank. This game is just plain fun, love the cinematic/episodic nature of the missions as well. REALLY hope they’ve got some Witcher 3 quality dlc lined up
there is no fucking jank in combat...

there is assassination jank... you stand behind someone and you notice it's not the perfect position, so they have a frame of "warping" you into the proper position, or guy "floats" into position.

yea, it's not as fluid as tlou2

but they're not talking about this, they're talking about the actual combat w/ swords... doesn't compare to a gigantor tranny fist punch grown men into oblivion

• 2Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah combat is fine and a fresh take. I miss the lock on every once and a while but the audio and visual cue's are good and response times are tight - there is literally no jank.