Ghost of Tsushima

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was a good video by ACG giving his thoughts about the design of Ghost's open world, how it worked or didn't. I put it in spoilers since it might show parts of the world that are best left experiencing on your own, if you want to see everything "fresh".

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i believe it's a missed opportunity on sucker punches part that they didn't include a half samurai oni mask as free pre-order bonus'
ur,mask_flatlay_front,product,600x600.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Took a break from doing some work and put about two hours in this morning. Having a good time, initial impressions are positive. I have come away with two things that have been previously stated thoughj...

- The syncing is hilariously bad, almost distractingly so
- The camera system is dumpster tier without some type of lock on

The first few camps / areas aren't hard or anything but I'm already fighting the camera and missing stuff because my Left stick was 2 degrees off from the direction I wanted to swing and my camera was hidden behind a shrub.

Skill point system looks cool with a ton to unlock. Definitely going to be going ADHD to collect and upgrade everything.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Got through about an hour or so in the prologue so far this morning - great looking game and the combat already seems fairly good/complex. Only quibble so far is the camera being so zoomed into you - wish you could pull it back a half step or so. Other than that, enjoying it. Love the setting.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I’m enjoying it so far. Have about 2 -3 hours in and just cleared a big dojo / had my first Warlord duel. Took me a handful of attempts just because I started hyper-aggressive but it’s a lot of fun. Definitely enjoying collecting stuff and staring off into the scenery.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played for 2 hours before work. Got through the prologue and into the open world a bit.

The game looks gorgeous, I really like how colorful it is.

The story did it's job of pulling me in, fairly standard stuff but interesting nonetheless.

The combat seems pretty good, I'm playing at normal and while not necessary super hard, it's challenging, as you can easily die in a hit or two. The animation look pretty awesome, Standoffs are fun. The camera is pretty bad though, not game breaking but it's not great.

The skills system seems interesting.

I'll probably focus on playing mostly as a Samurai since I'll be stealth in AC:Valhalla, gotta mix it up a bit.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sucker Punch seems to really like the speaker on the controller too.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
haha, best use of the stupid mouse pad, imo to call the wind

Ya, I think I am gonna switch to a actual PS4 controller instead of the xbox elite for this game.

Absolutely gorgeous game. Biggest obstacle for me so far has also been the camera but getting better with it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ya, I think I am gonna switch to a actual PS4 controller instead of the xbox elite for this game.

Absolutely gorgeous game. Biggest obstacle for me so far has also been the camera but getting better with it.
yea i agree the 3rd person camera angle is shit, either 1st person or increase the distance .25, but the distance they set is garbage. (unless it's needed for future mechanics that we'll see)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Started it up and played a bit. Fucking awesome so far. TJT TJT get on it.

• 2Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Loving it so far. Gorgeous locations. I like the golden temple, and near it you can climb a shrine for stuffs. It was supposed to be hard and a long climb around, but I just jumped on some rocks and shaved most of the climbing 'puzzle' off by accident. A lot of fun, good story so far.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone tried jumping off a cliff to shallow water? so far it seems like you take no damage and you just fall off the horse. of course you can just dismount and climb down, but this is like 5x faster!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been playing the past 2-3hrs now, haven't progressed the Story much due to getting pleasantly sidetracked. It has been a lot of fun so far just roaming around, fighting random bandits / mongols, finding places / shrines / petting foxes.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Feels like Witcher 3 meets AC Odyssey, which is a good thing. Picking up Yaki Udon and sake to weeb out tonight

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users