Ghost of Tsushima

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So, like i have no idea how these fags (doing a bit of reading) are saying tlou2 was a better game... like thats an impossibility.

tlou2 gets a 6/10 from me, and thats b/c the first 10hours are GREAT, if it was a 10hr game it'd be a 9/10, but then they make me play a tranny.

not just that they make me play a tranny AFTER i fully upgraded ellie, what the fuck?

imagine playing jin and finishing act1 AND THEN BOOM, HAHA, now you play as khotun khan and you see from his perspective how he is storming all these castles...

oh and he's fucking level 1, AFTER you've been playing badass Jin all this time.

this is tlou2, it's tries hard not being fun.
Playing Khan sounds a lot cooler than Abbie, though.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoy this game. Played for 20+ hours now. Still in act 1, done two of the yellow quests and completed 95% of the first map. Think I've found most things, did all the white quests (guess a few more unlock once I start the last two main quests). Found a few places that say "overwhelming forces" that I can't enter and missing an item to go to some shrines. Went to the top and been going left to right filling in the map. Combat is fun even fighting bandits and going for parries. I avoid doing assassinations, not for the lore aspect, but find it more fun to fight going for parries and such.

Got to the bottom now and guess I finally have to find that blacksmith that I had to "hurry" to get in the opening..... Hopefully Yuna understands that I had to write haikus, bathe, chop bamboo and chase a lot of foxes before I got around to saving her brother. Samurai priorities.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So kinda triggered at the moment... there’s apparently a Sashimono Banner in Castle Kaneda. And I cannot for the life of me get back in the damn place. Not even the original round about way from story seems to be there anymore. Am I overlooking something or do we revisit later?

Also, does anyone else thing the tracking and follow the footprints was a bad idea? Maybe a couple but there really are quite a few of them. For such a beautiful and interactive game it is really a waste to spend so much time staring at the ground.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So that brings up a good point. I am at the part where I am ready to enter the Castle in Act 1 - I can still complete all that after correct? I am guessing people are just doing everything in the map before the castle because they want too not because it goes away :p

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So that brings up a good point. I am at the part where I am ready to enter the Castle in Act 1 - I can still complete all that after correct? I am guessing people are just doing everything in the map before the castle because they want too not because it goes away :p

Really this is the only thing I’ve come across. The whole map is completely open.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So kinda triggered at the moment... there’s apparently a Sashimono Banner in Castle Kaneda. And I cannot for the life of me get back in the damn place. Not even the original round about way from story seems to be there anymore. Am I overlooking something or do we revisit later?
There's one *in* the castle? I only remember there being one near it on the beach.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
actually had the game go full blue screen of death on me last night, i was gonna chain assassinate and then blam.

wasn't that bad to recover from, ps4 restarts and reload the game, and since this game saves every 30s, i just decided to just throw a bomb at em instead of assassinating

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There's one *in* the castle? I only remember there being one near it on the beach.

Let me double check. I’ve scoured that place and maybe am just blind. Was it on the Toyotama or Izuhara side?

*edit: nm you were right. Apparently I never bothered to swim all the way out there and around coming from the right side. Finally found it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm about maybe 8 hour in, not being able to sit down for long periods of time to game is annoying. Really liking this game a lot. Obviously I am just scratching the surface still, but not being able to craft arrows and other shit is a real downer, maybe that changes?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm about maybe 8 hour in, not being able to sit down for long periods of time to game is annoying. Really liking this game a lot. Obviously I am just scratching the surface still, but not being able to craft arrows and other shit is a real downer, maybe that changes?
Craft? Well, you can buy all types of ammo and most resources from the Trapper npc you'll see at various locations (mostly survivor camps). Make sure to upgrade your Bows so you'll get higher ammo capacity. Most Mongol camps, forts, etc. have "ammo" holders around.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
one takeaway is that when you die and get reincarnated, just remember to say

"anything but a feudal japanese peasant"

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Yeah honestly I cannot get enough of the game. I am normally a story guy, but some of the new combat skills I am coming across are so much damn fun. Just unlocked the follow up skill to a successful stand off where once you slaughter the 1st guy, hit Triangle and circle/square (forget) for the poor slob coming next :p And water stance and some of the combat moves etc - makes me wonder what I have been missing this entire time. Not sure why it's this game that get's me to take notice of it more than any others. Old Fart Ut can even successfully parry.

• 1Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
loving the game, about 6 hours in... 1 think i don't like, i wish i could target an enemy. Seems like when i fight a few i always end up past one or two or end up with my back to one and have to camera spin to get back into it while i get stabbed in the back with a spear that i over dodged and not facing the wrong way. other than that, game is stunning and makes you want to explore, which is awesome. Love the organic nature of the questing and finding stuff.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
There's an smart target option in the menu that I didn't know about. I haven't tried to see if that helped yet though. Found it while messing around before crashing last night.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
My 2 year old hears the fox noise from the other room and comes running out, insisting I pet it.

Not normally a completionist, but I have a feeling I'll have full technique points by the time I actually move to the Act II area lol.

Definitely recommend getting the charm that almost doubles your loot and keeping it on at all times. Shit's expensive otherwise!

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I noticed after I used the stealth kill, it triggered a cutscene about that not being Bushido code but I wasn't sure if that was related to the act of doing it or not. That said, I actually like standoffs and wrecking these fuckers.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah honestly I cannot get enough of the game. I am normally a story guy, but some of the new combat skills I am coming across are so much damn fun. Just unlocked the follow up skill to a successful stand off where once you slaughter the 1st guy, hit Triangle and circle/square (forget) for the poor slob coming next :p And water stance and some of the combat moves etc - makes me wonder what I have been missing this entire time. Not sure why it's this game that get's me to take notice of it more than any others. Old Fart Ut can even successfully parry.

There is a charm at a shrine you can get that extends the time for parry's and what not. Randomly found it just running around the world, so no clue where I was, by some waterfalls.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
loving the game, about 6 hours in... 1 think i don't like, i wish i could target an enemy. Seems like when i fight a few i always end up past one or two or end up with my back to one and have to camera spin to get back into it while i get stabbed in the back with a spear that i over dodged and not facing the wrong way. other than that, game is stunning and makes you want to explore, which is awesome. Love the organic nature of the questing and finding stuff.
you do target an enemy, just point the stick in his direction, what you don't get is target lock

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finished it tonight, really pleased with it and a great way to end the PS4 era. Going to sell my pro this week while there’s still a market for one.

Act 3 was a lot smaller than the previous 2, but still pretty impactful. Thought the final few sequences were really well done and the ending was satisfying

• 1Like