FPS noob
s245za7qstb51.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I was planning on picking it up on the first sale, but I broke down and got it because of you guys.

Normally I would be all about stealth, but standoffs and chaotic melees are to much damn fun. I don't bother with stealth unless I have to now. I have to make sure that everyone knows I am the baddest motherfucker on my island.

• 11Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The first three stances trivialize the enemies they are meant to counter, but not really a fan of brute stance at all. I find it easier to bait them and use triple stab and/or the fast triangle attacks from sword stance. Or just smoke bomb and triple assassinate if I don't feel like dicking around.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just finished act 1, did everything on the map.

My favourite thing now is to no longer use standoffs, but charge in with the horse, jump off and attack, switch to the moon stance, charge brutes, whirlwind and kick them down, heavenly sword to charge closest enemy, heavenly sword again (often leads to one guy panicking and then letting you run up and stab them) then spear stance and charge the spear user parrying their attacks automatically, switch to sword stance and charge into remaining ones with a slam, hit, throw a kunai, hit a few times, then try for a perfect parry or two on anyone remaining. If all chain together, 6+ people are dead faster than if I start with a standoff.

Shouldn't be lectured with "Don't do assassinations because it is fighting without honour!", but rather "You should fight like a Samurai because it's so much more fun!".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just finished act 1, did everything on the map.

My favourite thing now is to no longer use standoffs, but charge in with the horse, jump off and attack, switch to the moon stance, charge brutes, whirlwind and kick them down, heavenly sword to charge closest enemy, heavenly sword again (often leads to one guy panicking and then letting you run up and stab them) then spear stance and charge the spear user parrying their attacks automatically, switch to sword stance and charge into remaining ones with a slam, hit, throw a kunai, hit a few times, then try for a perfect parry or two on anyone remaining. If all chain together, 6+ people are dead faster than if I start with a standoff.

Shouldn't be lectured with "Don't do assassinations because it is fighting without honour!", but rather "You should fight like a Samurai because it's so much more fun!".
you could try jumping off the horse and then smoke bomb and chain assassinate 3x, thats much faster

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
act iii beginning spoiler
i felt nothing when taka died, dumb fool.

but Nobu... my horse bro???

fucking shit

and you know whats sad? jin does not call his name no more, it's just a fucking horse, and it's not the super horse either, i charged into a group of mongol and my new horse got hit and didn't get up

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished Act 2 which was just as awesome as Act 1. I got all skills now except the exploration ones. So many good and useful tools.

Took camps by walking in like a badass and facing everyone. Took camps by being a Ghost and killing everyone unseen. Took a camp using a bow only and stealth. Chain assassinate people in smoke bomb. Use firecrackers to get a group of mongols together and fire an explosive arrow in the group.

All the weapons are useful, and can be used.

I still have a few things to do in Act 2 but sadly cannot go back right now. I don’t know if I need to finish Act 3 before being allowed back or wether it will unlock at some point during the act.

This game is so awesome.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
found out the iron capacity limit is 500, i'm guessing all the other items are 500 as well.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I hit bamboo capacity while I was still just roaming the countryside (with Inari charm, of course). Went and upgraded my shit just to avoid being at cap.

I'm basically done with the leadup to Act 2; just roaming and finishing other stuff up because I got them OCDs. Kind of interesting that some of the "winds" tracking stuff just doesn't trigger when you are done, but some actively show you to points on the map area you don't have access to. Not great design but not horrible either.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think my biggest issue with the game, now that I'm in Act 3, is that none of the side quests/tales in Act 3 need to exist. I'm something of a completion-ist in that I like doing the side quests, especially here with the stories from the side characters being pretty good.

Yet having done them all through Act 1 & 2, I had everything.. all the armor sets maxed out, all the stances max'd out, all the Samurai skills and every Ghost skill. Act 3 is missing the carrot, aside from finishing the main story.

Now, for people who had not done all the side quests and spent the time exploring the maps in Act 1 & 2 fully, like I did, they will still benefit from doing everything offered in Act 3 (if they want too at this point).

Edit: Funny thing that happened. I encountered a random group of mobs in Act 3, and I guess one of them was considered a Leader. I somehow pulled off a Slaughter on it, which decapitated it, but...it didn't die. It was on the ground trying to crawl away, while headless and I could perform the "end suffering" move, lol. Should have clipped it.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I hit bamboo capacity while I was still just roaming the countryside (with Inari charm, of course). Went and upgraded my shit just to avoid being at cap.

I'm basically done with the leadup to Act 2; just roaming and finishing other stuff up because I got them OCDs. Kind of interesting that some of the "winds" tracking stuff just doesn't trigger when you are done, but some actively show you to points on the map area you don't have access to. Not great design but not horrible either.
you know theres no more "winds" when you swipe up and you get the red wind

also in act 3
when you swipe up it'll say all found (or something like that) on map

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Do you get locked out of the first region after completing the last Act 1 quest? I kinda want to advance the story a bit but I haven't completed every side quest and shrine. Basically, I don't want to fuck myself out of content for the sake of my own inane impatience.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do you get locked out of the first region after completing the last Act 1 quest? I kinda want to advance the story a bit but I haven't completed every side quest and shrine. Basically, I don't want to fuck myself out of content for the sake of my own inane impatience.
no

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
About 10 hours in and I must say, this is how all video games should play minus the camera issues. Being able to gallop past a resource and get it without dismounting is a very nice QoL thing. VA is top notch so far and the graphics are amazing! I am one of those people who like exploring and this scratches that itch and then some, I have barely even touched the main story line so far and the side quests are very good.

My backlog was screaming at me when I got this but because of the feedback here I ended up saying fuck it and I am not disappointed in the least, Thank you gentlemen!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
About 10 hours in and I must say, this is how all video games should play minus the camera issues. Being able to gallop past a resource and get it without dismounting is a very nice QoL thing.
you can do a sprint on foot, press left to call the horse and press r2 w/o stopping, it's the most badass zero transition.

most perfect mode of transportation in video game, until they make a worthy he-man game
61tHKRtNYiL._AC_SX522_.jpg

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished today. Great game. Any issue I can think up with the game as a whole are so minor they are not worth mentioning. Would love to come back to this gameworld at some point.

• 2Like