Ghostbusters (2016)

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you think Robocop and/or Total Recall are as beloved as Ghostbusters, OR that the trailer for either of those remakes looked even half as dogshit as the one for this one does, I don't know what to tell you.

You're literally the dumbest fucking cunt ever to post on this forum.
Nevermind the fact that there has been talk of a Ghostbusters sequel forliterallymore thantwodecades. There have been rumors getting people excited about it over and over again, and people got excited because they wanted Ghostbusters III, not a reboot. After 20+ years of Bill Murray or Dan Aykroyd teasing getting the band back together, of course people are going to be pissed that this is what we're getting instead.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah even watching how they did the FX for the original back then is pretty entertaining. The CGI in the new movie looks terrible and very basic
Exactly and great point. The fuckin' ghosts look better in the original. How is that even possible?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
"everything is soggy knees!" - Tanoomba

That trailer is easily one of the worst movie trailers I've ever seen in my life. I hope whoever made it has a backup career because I doubt they'll be getting much work in the film industry for a while.

That dog turd is going to cost them literally tens of millions of dollars.
Let's see, we've got a blatant straw man that I already (explicitly, mind you) stated wasn't my stance, followed by an over-the-top extreme exaggeration. In other words, a typical reaction to one of my posts. Nicely done.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Don't get me wrong: The movie looks pretty lousy. But it didn't become the most disliked trailer on YouTube just for looking lousy. It's just more silly "us vs them" shenanigans from people who believe they're taking a stand against a perceived enemy.
Maybe it was less them being outraged by the SJW brigade, and more the fact that the idiots in charge of the film shot down the original and quite normal dislike for remakes in Hollywood with "Misogyny" the moment the internet didn't like the idea of a remake (Which happened with each film you listed).

If it's one thing people can't stand, is someone making fucking excuses that are nebulous and inconsequential to clearly visible reasons for failure. And these idiots were doing that from day 1, from the first moment people doubted that it was a good idea to remake a beloved classic after a series of 80's flops. So is it really a shocker this trailer got more hate when it turned out to be worse than the other two you mentioned, by far (Look at the Robocop and Recall trailers, the films sucked but the trailers were at least competent and interesting.)

Once more you're seeing your own bias come up because this is an easy excuse and youre religion brings you back to misogyny like an evangelical's does the devil.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Maybe it was less them being outraged by the SJW brigade, and more the fact that the idiots in charge of the film shot down the original and quite normal dislike for remakes in Hollywood with "Misogyny" the moment the internet didn't like the idea of a remake (Which happened with each film you listed).
So you agree: The reaction wasn't based on the perceived quality of the movie, but on the great SJW war.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So you agree: The reaction wasn't based on the perceived quality of the movie, but on the great SJW war.
Well, it's people reacting to stupidity...So if you want to frame it in those terms, I suppose you could say its the same as the 'war on SJWs'--since the war on SJWs is essentially just bunch of people mocking a group of really dumb cultists. But I don't think the people hating the trailer are specifically motivated by being anti-SJW, most people just mock idiots, and tend to get really annoyed when idiots defend themselves with a dumb ideology (See, anti-gay Christians--most people who call them idiots don't do so specifically because they hate Christianity, right? They are presented with a really dumb idea and mock it).

I think for the most part Social Justice is starting to reach beyond tumblr and Gender Studies courses, and as broader society gets its first tastes of it, you're going to see more people with an above average IQ reacting the same way--but that doesn't mean it's all one entity or part of one great struggle (Except the life long struggle against idiocy).

Devlin

Golden Squire
Groundhog Day>>>Ghostbusters.

It isn't even Bill Murray's best movie.

Is it even a remake? I mean the entire original cast actually have parts in the new movie, sans Rick Moranis and the dead one.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This movie will be okay, but not as good as the original. It'll make a ton of money. Old nerds will be butthurt, the world will keep turning.

And people were shitting on this for being women only waaaaay before the trailer. So yeah, you are sexist. Doesn't mean you're wrong that this won't be as good as the original. It does, however, mean you're probably wrong that it won't make a bunch of money.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
The fact that this is going to make them ten jillion dollars was written in stone by William James Murray back in 1984 and has absolutely nothing to do with the actual quality of this film. We might as well just add the earnings of this film to the earnings of the original, because the original is the only reason anyone is going to see this.

Melissa McCarthy might keep this film above 30% on RT. Might.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
The fact that this is going to make them ten jillion dollars was written in stone by William James Murray back in 1984 and has absolutely nothing to do with the actual quality of this film. We might as well just add the earnings of this film to the earnings of the original, because the original is the only reason anyone is going to see this.

Melissa McCarthy might keep this film above 30% on RT. Might.
Yeah right. Thor will have the only positively reviewed performance of this movie thanks to the cisheteropatriarchy. McCarthy will be thrown in person for daring to be a woman in public.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The only thing I laughed at in the trailer was Thor and the ghostbusters logo

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don't know a single guy that wants to go see this movie. I mean, if they through in some super hotty at least it could have attracted some horny male teens, but it doesn't even have that.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don't know a single guy that wants to go see this movie. I mean, if they through in some super hotty at least it could have attracted some horny male teens, but it doesn't even have that.
Rachel Starr could make a foray into acting, perhaps?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Ghostbusters Reboot Director Calls Out "Assholes in Geek Culture"

Paul Fieg says the criticism of his upcoming Ghostbusters reboot is from "assholes in geek culture".

Ever since the Ghostbusters reboot was announced, it has been under attack. Ghostbusters is a very special part of geek culture, and reboot direct Paul Fieg has received the brunt of these criticisms. Well, he's sick of it, and he has called out all of the "assholes in geek culture" for attacking his movie.

"Geek culture is home to some of the biggest assholes I've ever met in my life,"Feig told the New York Daily News."I don't care what shape or size or color or anything they are,"Feig said, responding to criticism that SNL star Leslie Jones' character merely plays into Hollywood's mad black woman clicha."I live or die on what things are funny and whether or not people will be entertained by them."

He claims that the all-female cast is a mere co-incidence: the funniest people he knows just happen to be women, which is why he has cast them in the movie.

"(Melissa McCarthy) is just this hilarious woman who is so funny," he said. "I don't care WHAT she looks like. As long as she's funny and is a professional. She's hilarious."
He's right, you know. Some of you geeks are pretty big assholes.

Stop attacking his movie, you assholes.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Haha, a coincidence, the funniest four people he happens to know are women. I wish Hitchens were alive so he could respond to that. What horseshit.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Feig directed episodes of Arrested Development (Tambor, Arnett, Cross), The Office (Carrell, Rainn Wilson), 30 Rock (Morgan), Bored to Death (Ted Fucking Danson, Galifianakis), Parks & Recreation (Offerman, Pratt), Weeds (Kevin Nealon), etc. He also created Freaks & Geaks (Seth Rogan, James Franco, Martin Starr, Jason Segel). But, sure, all the funniest people he knows are women. Just own up to the fact that you like writing for female comedians. There's nothing wrong with that. No one had a problem with Bridesmaids or Spy. Most people wouldn't have a problem with a movie involving these four actresses. It's that they're inserted into a Ghostbusters reboot that is the primary issue when people wanted Ghostbusters III.

Not to mention the fact that this was announced as an all-female movielongbefore the cast was announced or the script was even written. And the leaked Sony emails a couple years back revealed that he also tried to get Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Amy Schumer, and Lizzy Caplan. But, yes, purely coincidence.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Haha, a coincidence, the funniest four people he happens to know are women. I wish Hitchens were alive so he could respond to that. What horseshit.
It's really a shame that we lost guys like Hitchens and Carlin right before this explosion of idiocy. I'd absolutely fucking love to hear their commentary on it all.