Ghostbusters (2016)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The new X-men movie is doing reshoots before release. We talk about it in the that thread.
Reshoots 6 months before release is a lot different then 2 months. Suicide squad did reshoots also but it was 4-5 months prior to release

Deadpool commentary needs to come out because the reshoots scene didnt add much to the film

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I had been softening on this movie or time and was thinking about checking it out when it released. I think one of the theaters around me runs a special on Thursdays where the first showing of the day is half off or something so now that the weather's nice I was maybe going to give it a go. With an early morning screening I'd probably have the whole theater to myself. It's probably going to suck but it's a franchise I've always liked and maybe it'll be alright. There's worse ways to spend a few hours.

But having the director come out like that and tell everyone they suck takes that idea and flushes it down the toilet. I'm not going to be shamed into seeing your movie and I'm not going to be bullied into silence. It doesn't look very good. The characters and jokes look stock and uninspired. Reboots are generally shitty as a rule and another Ghostbusters has been in development hell so long it's almost impossible for it to be good. I'm sorry if a bunch of spergs wrote you some hatefilled garbage but you aren't selling tickets by shitting on people in response.
Funny, I've gone through the opposite transformation. Despite being interested enough in Ghostbusters 3 to purchase the Ghostbusters game that essentially fills that role (original cast and all), I wasn't terribly interested in seeing the remake. I felt no compulsion to see it in a theater, and was perfectly comfortable waiting until it came out on Netflix or I could easily find a stream of it. But now, I'm actually kind of tempted to go to a theater and give them some of my hard-earned money just because they're standing up to assholes. Good for them. I think the movie looks lousy and I'm a geek, but I still know they aren't talking about me. I'm not offended that they're acknowledging that assholes exist, especially since I see proof of that daily.

The director didn't "tell everyone they suck". He explicitly told assholes that they sucked. Because they do. You've chosen to group yourself with assholes in order to play the victim card and claim you're being attacked (I've seen this exact thing before with people claiming to be "attacked" by Sarkeesian). You've chosen to pout about how unfair life is instead of acknowledging the simple fact that the internet allows assholes to group together and skew numbers. It happened with the Gone Home Metacritic score, it happened with Boaty McBoatface (although that one is actually pretty funny), and it's happening here. Yes, the movie looks lousy. No, that's not why people are gleefully gloating about creating alt YouTube accounts just to further dislike the video and keep the train going.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Funny, I've gone through the opposite transformation. Despite being interested enough in Ghostbusters 3 to purchase the Ghostbusters game that essentially fills that role (original cast and all), I wasn't terribly interested in seeing the remake. I felt no compulsion to see it in a theater, and was perfectly comfortable waiting until it came out on Netflix or I could easily find a stream of it. But now, I'm actually kind of tempted to go to a theater and give them some of my hard-earned money just because they're standing up to assholes. Good for them. I think the movie looks lousy and I'm a geek, but I still know they aren't talking about me. I'm not offended that they're acknowledging that assholes exist, especially since I see proof of that daily.

The director didn't "tell everyone they suck". He explicitly told assholes that they sucked. Because they do. You've chosen to group yourself with assholes in order to play the victim card and claim you're being attacked (I've seen this exact thing before with people claiming to be "attacked" by Sarkeesian). You've chosen to pout about how unfair life is instead of acknowledging the simple fact that the internet allows assholes to group together and skew numbers. It happened with the Gone Home Metacritic score, it happened with Boaty McBoatface (although that one is actually pretty funny), and it's happening here. Yes, the movie looks lousy. No, that's not why people are gleefully gloating about creating alt YouTube accounts just to further dislike the video and keep the train going.
lol holy shit man. Get a fucking grip.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just like Snyder, Feig can't deal with criticism and acts like a douche. Well, maybe both are.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider

This chump never met a scam he didn't want to fund. How are you not religious?

Oh yeah, god's not a woman.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Nope. I'm asserting that you are, which has become blatantly obvious to this entire forum. You will tie yourself into a gotdamn pretzel for a woman, no matter the context.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Nope. I'm asserting that you are, which has become blatantly obvious to this entire forum.
Assuming that someone's gender has anything at all to do with what I say when literally nothing I say reflects that is absolutely sexist, Seb. Shame on you.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Again, Tanoomba asserts that if you call him sexist when he denies it, you are sexist. This from a guy that goes around calling everyone sexist. Unreal.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Hey guys, remember when we all hated Kill Bill because it starred Uma Thurman, Lucy Liu, Darryl Hannah, Vivica A. Fox, Julie Dreyfus and Chiaki Kuriyama?

Me neither.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Assuming that someone's gender has anything at all to do with what I say when literally nothing I say reflects that is absolutely sexist, Seb. Shame on you.
You're defending the literal indefensible at every turn, with 100% consistency, if it features a woman. Sometimes you'll make exceptions for black people, but it's been a while. That's your schtick here. Everyone here knows it, Tanoomba. I don't know why you get off on making an entire community think you're the biggest cucked-out pussy on Earth, and I don't really want to.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
1171127_o.gif

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Is there some anime thread or obscure video game thread that you post in here that I don't read?

What would you say you do here?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
'Geek culture is full of assholes.'

No, you fucking hack. Geek culture is filled disproportionately with hyper-critical & analytical individuals. When your cash-grab product falls short, geeks are more likely to notice.

Idiot.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I like how thisrebootdirectly references theoriginalin the very beginning of the trailer. That's good trailer making. It's almost like they're throwing a Hail Mary and hoping to capitalize on our nostalgia because they know this is going to be an abortion.

It's almost exactly like that.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
IS it a reboot, or a new Ghostbusters years later? Like the main character studied ghosts due to the events that happened when she was then young and impressionable?

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The old Ghostbusters never existed in this movie. The girls did everything by themselves.

Cause Girl Power!