Ghostbusters (2016)

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Every time I think about the female ghost buster movie I think of the 4 chan greentext with the little sick kid in the hospital. Who you gonna call lil guy

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
G9eznIB.jpg

Neki

Molten Core Raider
"Hey people! We got female ghostbusters now so why not have a female slimer too because 'Girl Power, YO!'. In your face HATERS!'

ghostbusters-3-09_sony.jpg

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lol, that pic should be stickied to every page in this thread. Sums up the whole thing
It's funny how they're whining how misogynistic we are. They cast four extremely unattractive women as the leads and then Chris Hemsworth as the villain. Yeah.

Want to make a good Ghostbusters 3? Mix the casts from Hangover and the Wedding Ringer. Cast Kevin Hart as the comic relief. Josh Gad and Ed Helms as the super nerds, and Mr. Chow as the token minority Chinese guy. If you need another African American, replace Mr. Chow with Robert Downey Jr. from Tropic Thunder. God damn, that took me 30 seconds and would actually be entertaining to watch.

Will Farrell could probably pull off a good Ghostbuster too. He made a retarded movie about a 30 year old man who was raised by Santa's elves worth watching.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's funny how they're whining how misogynistic we are. They cast four extremely unattractive women as the leads and then Chris Hemsworth as the villain. Yeah.

Want to make a good Ghostbusters 3? Mix the casts from Hangover and the Wedding Ringer. Cast Kevin Hart as the comic relief. Josh Gad and Ed Helms as the super nerds, and Mr. Chow as the token minority Chinese guy. If you need another African American, replace Mr. Chow with Robert Downey Jr. from Tropic Thunder. God damn, that took me 30 seconds and would actually be entertaining to watch.

Will Farrell could probably pull off a good Ghostbuster too. He made a retarded movie about a 30 year old man who was raised by Santa's elves worth watching.
Nah man, i was referring to these retards mugging for the camera for the photo op like its the most joyous thing ever and completely oblivious to the reality in the background

Woolygimp

Nah man, i was referring to these retards mugging for the camera for the photo op like its the most joyous thing ever and completely oblivious to the reality in the background
Oh, I definitely get the picture. Out of the four, I have to say that there's something about Melissa Mccarthy that just bothers me. She just seems to come off as overtly arrogant, like she's super hot, super funny, or both... but she's not any of that.

Caliane

Had another thought on Ghostbusters reboot.

I think, one major issue to get around is how movies and ghost movies have changed over the years.

The Shining was 1980.
The Shining (1980) - IMDb
Poltergeist was 1982
Poltergeist (1982) - IMDb
Ghostbusters was 1984.
Ghostbusters (1984) - IMDb
When I point out the timeline there, consider the visual effects, and story elements of The Shining/Poltergheist. how those two movies especially, very clearly influenced Ghostbusters.

Much of people discussing how it should be handled is spent, talking about what did and didn't work in Ghostbusters 1, and 2. And of course this travesty.

I think, when trying to make a new Ghostbusters, we would need to look at, and build a base ghost story using modern ghost movies as the template.
The Conjuring,Sinister, The Blairwitch/paranormal activity. We all hate found footage.. But, I almost think you do have to make your Ghostbusters movie, a found footage, given how dominate that is for current ghost stories. Maybe do it in a fake found footage, like Chronicle or District 9. Where, we see found footage, and newsreals intermingled with live action of what "really happened".

Woolygimp

Had another thought on Ghostbusters reboot.

I think, one major issue to get around is how movies and ghost movies have changed over the years.

The Shining was 1980.
The Shining (1980) - IMDb
Poltergeist was 1982
Poltergeist (1982) - IMDb
Ghostbusters was 1984.
Ghostbusters (1984) - IMDb
When I point out the timeline there, consider the visual effects, and story elements of The Shining/Poltergheist. how those two movies especially, very clearly influenced Ghostbusters.

Much of people discussing how it should be handled is spent, talking about what did and didn't work in Ghostbusters 1, and 2. And of course this travesty.

I think, when trying to make a new Ghostbusters, we would need to look at, and build a base ghost story using modern ghost movies as the template.
The Conjuring,Sinister, The Blairwitch/paranormal activity. We all hate found footage.. But, I almost think you do have to make your Ghostbusters movie, a found footage, given how dominate that is for current ghost stories. Maybe do it in a fake found footage, like Chronicle or District 9. Where, we see found footage, and newsreals intermingled with live action of what "really happened".
Dude. Hate to break it to you but Ghostbusters is a comedy.

Caliane

Comedy.

Possessed fridge and eggs cooking on table in ghostbusters---->maggot meat>face gouging in poltergeist.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Review embargo is being held until the day of release, same deal as the Fantastic Four remake. We all know how that one turned out.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Something else I noticed--why do their proton packs look like shit? Seriously....Especially the proton gun portion, it looks like a fucking vacuum cleaner.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Something else I noticed--why do their proton packs look like shit? Seriously....Especially the proton gun portion, it looks like afucking vacuum cleaner.
You may have stumbled upon your answer! Secret my-soggy-knees insert?

spronk

FPS noob
its too bad something like The Magnificent 7 or fast and furious 8 weren't releasing the same weekend as ghostbusters, twitter would be fun to read