Ghostbusters (2016)

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
If I had to make a female-centric Ghostbusters movie, I'd do it this way:

It wouldn't be a remake, and it wouldn't be a sequel. It would be a meta-sequel. The basis for my film would be 4 normal everyday women who have gathered every year to watch their favorite film ever- Ghostbusters. On the 25th anniversary of the movie, they decide to nerd it up by staying at the hotel used in the movie for the Slimer portion. Eventually, something happens that night where the girls realize that ghosts do actually exist, and Harold Ramis based GB off "true events." The rest of the movie has them trying to recreate all of the various GB stuff (proton packs, traps, etc.) through shenanigans/failures/emulation to become The Real Life Ghostbusters (title).

If you had to shoehorn in the OG guys, it would be camoes as themselves and not as the characters (i.e. Dan Akroyd talks about what a crazy conspiracy theorist Harold really was, random plot stuff).

P.S. I'm not a good writer.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they should cast a buncha hot bitches with big titties who open up a ghost catching business and have to catch horny men ghosts who want to rip their clothes off. they can call it Busty Ghosters

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or they could have gone to the CW, asked to browse their catalog of hot chicks, maybe thrown in a Ghostfacers reference, and done a scene with exploding liquid white goop covering them all.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Bridesmaids was funny. I have faith in Wiig. McCarthy was good in that too, I just don't like any of the films that she's the star of. I don't know if the problem is so much her or just too much of her. Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, and Jim Carrey are all much better to me in films that have some more significant focus than them - Old School, Stranger Than Fiction, Fun With Dick and Jane, Big Daddy, Funny People, etc.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Bridesmaids was funny. I have faith in Wiig. McCarthy was good in that too, I just don't like any of the films that she's the star of. I don't know if the problem is so much her or just too much of her. Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, and Jim Carrey are all much better to me in films that have some more significant focus than them - Old School, Stranger Than Fiction, Fun With Dick and Jane, Big Daddy, Funny People, etc.
You just listed Adam Sandler as a preferred option. Your entire point is moot, you should never be allowed to weigh in on this matter again.

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

irony!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You just listed Adam Sandler as a preferred option. Your entire point is moot, you should never be allowed to weigh in on this matter again.

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

irony!
He is saying that the movies Adam Sandler has been in that focus on something other than him are better. Funny People good, Jack and Jill and Grown Ups bad.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know where Deadline is drawing the conclusion that this will be "guy-themed". There is nothing in their story that indicates that as being a possibility. Is a Ghostbusters universe not big enough news that they had to resort to something so click-bait-y and controversial?

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
I think the male version could be Great. They say Channing Tatum would be in it so let's add in Gabriel Iglesias, Marlon Wayans and either Dane Cook or Ryan Reynolds. I'm cool with either.

Start the story out that NY is relatively calm with the occasional ghost, but with Egon gone nobody could keep the containment unit up and running and is breaking down. Ghosts are being released and it's too much for the old guys, bring in the new guys to pass the torch too and bingo. New movie right there. Bonus if they have a recruitment drive with cameo's involved.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that story doesnt seem to make much sense. so are they still making the SJW approved ghostbusters or are they making 2 versions? or is the second film a sequel?

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Russo's can do good comedy work. They have done a ton of comedy direction on Community. But Holy fuck a Wayans brother. But Jesus really think about it, do we want to go back with SNL and have like Will Forte, Bill Hader, Fred Armisen /or Horatio Sanz (for the ethnics) and ... well shit I am trying to name a good recent female cast member thats not Tina Fey or Kristen Wiig? Who is a great new comedy troop? UCB people? Meltdown performers? Largo Performers? What else is out there comedy wise producing players? Is Jay Pharoh any good? I haven't watched any SNL in about 2 years.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The Russo's can do good comedy work. They have done a ton of comedy direction on Community. But Holy fuck a Wayans brother..
Bring on the Black Ghostbusters and have an In Living Color reunion. All 600 of the Wayans, David Allen Grier, and Tommy Davidson.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Meh. I think they would make a good cast together. Eitherway leaving out the original cast of the reboot is gonna be a big hit at the box office And not in a good way. The team was what made the movie good along with the natural talent and comedy they all brought. If they can't bring that in either of the new movies it's going to be doomed to fail.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Well one of them wouldn't be able to show up except as a ghost, another wants a perfect script and a third has gone loonie-tunes. Maybe they could get Ernie back?